• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other] Start screen buggy?

Years
  • Hi guys I'm pretty new to this whole rom hacking thing so I'm sure this is a question that has been asked 1000 times but is there any way to prevent this:
    Start screen buggy?

Thanks, any help would be appreciated!

Last edited by a moderator:

Joexv

ManMadeOfGouda joexv.github.io
    Years
  • Hi guys I'm pretty new to this whole rom hacking thing so I'm sure this is a question that has been asked 1000 times but is there any way to prevent this:
    Start screen buggy?

Thanks, any help would be appreciated!
    I can't remember exactly what causes this, but I believe you overwrote the image that is used to map out that text box. You can either check NSE's bookmarks to see if that specific text box is bookmarked and messed up or you can restart from a backup.

In the future try to make sure that you are using space that you know for sure is empty. And don't trust A-Maps freespace finder.

are you using vannila rom.
    Obviously not he modified it and thats where the problem came from.

Years
  • I can't remember exactly what causes this, but I believe you overwrote the image that is used to map out that text box. You can either check NSE's bookmarks to see if that specific text box is bookmarked and messed up or you can restart from a backup.

In the future try to make sure that you are using space that you know for sure is empty. And don't trust A-Maps freespace finder.

Thanks so much! I just restarted since I hadn't made much progress and being new at this I didn't back up my rom, but now I'm being very careful in terms of what I edit and making sure I back up my files.

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2018
    Thanks so much! I just restarted since I hadn't made much progress and being new at this I didn't back up my rom, but now I'm being very careful in terms of what I edit and making sure I back up my files.

I just began 3 weeks ago (maybe 4) and I recommend saving everytime you hit a check point like. you finished a good sized talking script (or multiple) and then do save as in A-Map and rename what you will be working on next. For me I just finished editing Vermillion gym and I named that rom as Vermil test and now that everything is working and is a go I did save as and named the next one Missions test. If you are already doing this great! I tried the back up button and find it easier to do save as instead.

Back