• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

starter

Years
    • Seen Dec 11, 2006
    which starter do you think is better?
    1.pikachu
    2.have 3 option choose pokemon like fire, water and grass pokemon

what?

an 815 survivor :P
    Years
    • Seen May 23, 2007
    I think he meant is it better to choose your pokemon from three,
    or have a fixed starter.

Options is better! DEFINITELY!

and yes charizard is a very good(and cool) pokemon

Years
    • Seen Dec 11, 2006
    I think he meant is it better to choose your pokemon from three,
    or have a fixed starter.

Options is better! DEFINITELY!

and yes charizard is a very good(and cool) pokemon
    That right, this is what i mean.

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    Personally, I would prefer being able to choose between SIX starters. The Grass/Fire/Water starters are old and lame. DP missed a great opportunity to take the game in a new direction.

As for the best Pokemon in the game, that would be Snorlax. Charizard, being a Fire-type automatically loses as the best starter. That title goes to Swampert. It has the best typing (being a Water immune to Electric attacks is HUGE), has only ONE weakness, learns a great move to cover that weakness, has a great movepool, and can be used as a tank, a physical sweeper, a special sweeper, or a mixed sweeper effectively. It also learns three moves that takes down Charizard - Surf, Rock Slide, Ice Beam. No comparison.

Years
    • Seen Dec 11, 2006
    Personally, I would prefer being able to choose between SIX starters. The Grass/Fire/Water starters are old and lame. DP missed a great opportunity to take the game in a new direction.

As for the best Pokemon in the game, that would be Snorlax. Charizard, being a Fire-type automatically loses as the best starter. That title goes to Swampert. It has the best typing (being a Water immune to Electric attacks is HUGE), has only ONE weakness, learns a great move to cover that weakness, has a great movepool, and can be used as a tank, a physical sweeper, a special sweeper, or a mixed sweeper effectively. It also learns three moves that takes down Charizard - Surf, Rock Slide, Ice Beam. No comparison.
    so what the type of pokemon will be the six stater?

Back