• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Starting out with any pokemon you want w/o cheat device?

SilverDragonair

Dragon Master
    Years
    I'm curious to know if anyone else has ever thought of this. But I discovered a few years ago how to start out with any breedable pokemon you wanted without using a cheat device. I'd love to talk to people about what they've done and which pokemon they've started with. I got bored with the same ole starter pokemon so I've tried it with a ton of pokemon, like Dratini, Eevee, Vulpix, Girafarig (I have an unhealthy infatuation with giraffes..)

Like my Umbreon for example, I bred an Eevee to be female (took about 15 eggs to get) with a certain moveset that included Shadowball and a couple others. Then I walked around until there was about 100 or so steps left until she hatched. Then in another game, I started anew, got through it until I had a pokeball and could catch a pokemon like sentret or rattata or something. Then traded that pokemon for the egg, walked around until it hatched and so I had an Eevee with everything I want and has my own name as the original trainer. But I also had my original starter pokemon too.

So what has your adventures been with this nifty, clever little trick?

Jesus Freak Josh

In my mind's eye, I see You...
    Years
    You can trade an Egg between games? I thought it had to hatch first. =/

The only thing closest to this that I've done is do that all-three starters cheat.

Johnny Boy~

Bom Chika Wah Wah
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen May 26, 2007
    Joshy said:
    You can trade an Egg between games? I thought it had to hatch first. =/

The only thing closest to this that I've done is do that all-three starters cheat.

i cant even manage that cheat! btw, i don't have more than one G/S/C/ game anymore, so i can't do the egg cheat, although i don't see it happening.

SilverDragonair

Dragon Master
    Years
    LOL nice ;-) "Happy birthday. You have to walk around a few thousand steps before the surprise pops out of the egg--I mean cake." lol

x24

Researcher-Sprite Thieves, DIE
    Years
    Joshy said:

what is this? Ive never heard of it..

Geometric-sama

The Manly Man of Steel
    Years
    Start the game, get to the stage where you can trade, trade your starter off to another game. Restart with a different starter, do the same thing. Restart for the last time, and trade the other two starters back.

XD I don't like hatching, uh, is it 10200 step eggs? So yes, someone asks me for a Pokémon and I'm all like "here's the egg, go hatch it >_>"

Years
    I'm curious to know if anyone else has ever thought of this. But I discovered a few years ago how to start out with any breedable pokemon you wanted without using a cheat device. I'd love to talk to people about what they've done and which pokemon they've started with. I got bored with the same ole starter pokemon so I've tried it with a ton of pokemon, like Dratini, Eevee, Vulpix, Girafarig (I have an unhealthy infatuation with giraffes..)

Like my Umbreon for example, I bred an Eevee to be female (took about 15 eggs to get) with a certain moveset that included Shadowball and a couple others. Then I walked around until there was about 100 or so steps left until she hatched. Then in another game, I started anew, got through it until I had a pokeball and could catch a pokemon like sentret or rattata or something. Then traded that pokemon for the egg, walked around until it hatched and so I had an Eevee with everything I want and has my own name as the original trainer. But I also had my original starter pokemon too.
    oo, cool, i may try that on Emerald, ive always wanted an Eevee as a starter, but my Umbreon is Female, ^^ lucky me... and it wouldnt be that hard... One question, how do you trade an egg, you cant tade it, and there isnt a Pokemon Center in the 1st town...
    *Note: My Umbreon is Female b/c of stealing from Battle Factory many many times... ^^ (Gameshark is awesome...)*

Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2006
    SilverDragonair said:

So what has your adventures been with this nifty, clever little trick?
    I did this with a jynx somting about ice pokemon makes my heart sing

Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2006
    Dark-Umbreon said:
    oo, cool, i may try that on Emerald, ive always wanted an Eevee as a starter, but my Umbreon is Female, ^^ lucky me... and it wouldnt be that hard... One question, how do you trade an egg, you cant tade it, and there isnt a Pokemon Center in the 1st town...
    *Note: My Umbreon is Female b/c of stealing from Battle Factory many many times... ^^ (Gameshark is awesome...)*

Who cares if your umbre is female and why do you like umbres anyhow theyr dark and........DARK

ps in fire red i have like 50 eeves ill have to count i have 15 umbres and not on eespe i love espeon its fluffy and adorable

Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2006
    Geometric-sama said:
    Start the game, get to the stage where you can trade, trade your starter off to another game. Restart with a different starter, do the same thing. Restart for the last time, and trade the other two starters back.

XD I don't like hatching, uh, is it 10200 step eggs? So yes, someone asks me for a Pokémon and I'm all like "here's the egg, go hatch it >_>"

you know if its and eevee and you want espe or umbre its good to hatch because walking builds friendship

Muse

'The Underdog Trainer'
    Years
    Gah! Triple-post-topia! *Dies* X_x

ANYWAYS, this seems like a fun little trick to do! If I ever get Pokemon Emerald back (It was stolen and I had a Jirachi! ;_; ) or maybe Leaf Green, I'm gonna have to try this one out!

Years
    Selendomono said:
    Who cares if your umbre is female and why do you like umbres anyhow theyr dark and........DARK

ps in fire red i have like 50 eeves ill have to count i have 15 umbres and not on eespe i love espeon its fluffy and adorable

So, your trying to tell me taht im ugly? read the username bub...
    And who cares how many Eevee's you have either...

SilverDragonair

Dragon Master
    Years
    I guess I should note that I traded eggs in G/S..maybe you can't trade eggs in R/S/E??

Dark-Umbreon, I fully support umbreons, especially female ones!! Being female makes one even sweeter :D I love my Umbreon!! I should make a little sig tag, "I <3 my Umbreon!" lol That would be fun.

Selendonomo, I love ice pokemon too :D I was noticing in my Crystal version the other day that 4 of my 6 pokemon in my line-up are ice-type LOL They just seem so much stronger than some other types. Definitely my favorite type other than dragon :)

x24

Researcher-Sprite Thieves, DIE
    Years
    Geometric-sama said:

then its not really a cheat then is it? its obviousness.. if ur trading its not uncommon..

Last edited:

burnthechavs

The best at being the worst...
    Years
    Geometric-sama said:

That isnt the chaeat, u can do it without trading, all u do is start new, get to where you are about to get a pokemon, before u get one, save, then get one, get to the bit where u can catch a pokemon (without saving since that time) then deposit the starter, change box, as it saves turn off, then load, ull be before u have a pkmn, but in ur box is that starter!! repaet with another starter and the next time just pick the starter u dont have and play as normal, get to ur box and get em out!!

voila

Pika_blue

Cipher ***** Gorigan HATER
    Years
    There is a cheat, that you can do on the Metal games that you can get all the starters, W/OUT cheating or trading: (Is been a while since I'v done this.)

[Spoil=Cheats and story plot]

BEFORE YOU BEGIN! Save before you get your starter, or it will not work.

No1. Choose your starter.
    No2. Go up to the point when you can get a pokéball.
    No3. Catch a Sentret or anything crap. (Or 2 to save time)
    No4. Deposit your starter and as many others as you can, to save time.
    No5. Now, change boxes and when it is in the middle of saving, turn OFF the power. You
    now have an extra starter!
    No6. Rinse and repeat to get all 3.

I haven't done this in a while, so if it dosen't work, FLAME ME!!!!! [/spoil]

Back