• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Tool] Starting with pokemon help

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2017
    Hello, I am currently trying to make a small romhack on pokemon Emerald, and I was wondering if there is a tool or a way to make it so that the player starts with pokemon already in the "someone's pc"?

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2022
    Hello, I am currently trying to make a small romhack on pokemon Emerald, and I was wondering if there is a tool or a way to make it so that the player starts with pokemon already in the "someone's pc"?

I think the command "writebytetooffset" should be useful, then you can write all data of the Pokémon you want into the RAM.

Touched

Resident ASMAGICIAN
    Years
    • Age 122
    • Seen Feb 1, 2018
    I think the command "writebytetooffset" should be useful, then you can write all data of the Pokémon you want into the RAM.

It definitely won't be. First, Pokemon are encrypted using a value that depends on your trainer ID, so while you might be able to write a Pokemon with a specific OT, you'd never get to write a Pokemon that belongs to the current trainer. Second, you can't write to the PC since that exists in the saveblock which moves around (DMA). writebytetooffset requires a static address.

You'd need ASM. Something like this exists for FireRed, and it shouldn't be hard to port it to Emerald.

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2022
    It definitely won't be. First, Pokemon are encrypted using a value that depends on your trainer ID, so while you might be able to write a Pokemon with a specific OT, you'd never get to write a Pokemon that belongs to the current trainer. Second, you can't write to the PC since that exists in the saveblock which moves around (DMA). writebytetooffset requires a static address.

You'd need ASM. Something like this exists for FireRed, and it shouldn't be hard to port it to Emerald.

it's really good, and I really hate working with RAM. ^^

Years
    • Seen Oct 17, 2019
    I have a few questions as well since I am too trying to start my own Pokemon game.

I want to replace all the pokemon trainers in Fire Red with my own characters including their over world sprites. Is that possible to do in fire red? or would I be better off doing that in HG/SS?

I also wanted to customize a few towns but am not sure if fire red has enough room for me to do that so the same question applies. Would I be better off using a HG/SS ROM?

Back