• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Stay in there!!

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    While I'm playing SoulSilver and having a hard time trying to catch the freaking Lugia, what's the most difficult Pokemon you've tried to catch? My most difficult is probably Giratina in Platinum. I had to reset the game about 4 times before I got him.

Edit; ROOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRR I just caught the freaking thing in a Great Ball that I tossed for hilarity. Whaaaat!?

Last edited:

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    I hated trying to catch Regigigas and Heatran in Platinum. Went through a literal army of Dusk, Ultra, and Timer Balls to do the trick. Especially frustrating since I never intend to use Heatran and Regigigas was at Lv1.

Shiny Shaymin

I laugh at your misfortune.
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 22, 2015
    Probably Heatran. I didn't have any water type Pokemon strong enough to fight it until my friend traded me his Palkia.

Charmageddon

Charizard has evolved into ^
    Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2016
    I wasted all my expensive Dusk Balls on damn Heatran, but decided that instead of resetting, I'd just toss that old Pokeball for the hell of it.

I caught it.

Years
    Maybe it's already some time (maybe 2 years) ago, but i remember having huge trouble with Azelf and Heatran.
    And today, Mewtwo in Leaf Green was REALLY annoying to catch, because i didnt have access to a Sleep Move (and i i would have access to one, that thing still has Safeguard...) and it liked to use Recover, but only when on low HP. I thought wild Pokemon use random moves, but this thing really ALWAYS used recover when on low HP. Had to soft reset a couple of times till i finally caught it.

Miss Soupy

o v e r d o s e
    Years
    Definitely Heatran In Platinum.
    I had to reset a few times from running out of Pokeballs, so I just gave up eventually and got one from the GTS to avoid further stress.

Cold Fusion

When you laugh, you gain luck.
    Years
    On Pokemon Diamond, Azelf caused me loads of problems. I was there for HOURS trying to catch it (Of course running out of DuskBalls and etc then resetting the game a few times.)... then eventually gave up and stole a MasterBall off my other game.

Citrinin

Nephrotoxic.
    Years
    Probably the most annoying Pokémon I've ever tried to catch was Ho-Oh in Crystal. That was just so... ugh... u___u;

Years
    early safari zone pokemon especially dratini & kangaskhan who just run straight away.

Actually its Raikou from FireRed as it keeps bailing when I hunt it grrrr

Hamilton

*Creative Quote Goes Here*
    Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2016
    Ho-oh in gold- i forgot to buy Ultra Balls and save, so i was stuck with 57 pokeballs, and 47 great balls- i caught it after about 30 mins (felt like forever, though)

560cool.

An old timer?
    Years
    Duh . That was Rayquaza in Sapphire (and onlly found out about that after 3 freakin years I've owned the game . That was in 2006) . It took like 67 Ultra Balls , 32 PokeBalls , 17 Timer Balls and 34 Great Balls . After all it is in a PokeBall (yes ) I threw to have fun . And I was like Lol wut ? When I heard that song of Gotcha ! [INSERT POKEMON HERE] was caught !

Back