• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Staying Pokemon or becoming human again?

Years
  • So the entire Pokemon Mystery Dungon story revolves around one particular thing. Human for some reason becomes a Pokemon and is trying to find out what and how happened.
    If you went through all of that, what would you do, what do you think your character should have done?

Keep in mind this. As a human, you probably had a life back then. A human family, adventures, responsibilities. How are they handling your disappearance?

On the other hand. You discovered an entire new world on the other side (of who knows how many sides to begin with). You made new friends. You have a team with real responsibilities of rescuing Pokemon in need of real and fast help.
    Arceus and Mew know I'd give almost anything just to be able to live in Wigglytuff's Guild base.
    Although I dont think I'd read people's diaries....maybe...probably...idk lol

Anyway, what would you guys do. I think I'd regret anything I chose. I'd try to see if Gardevoir could tell me how much I liked being a human and how good my life was. Without that, I'd probably stay Pokemon cos it was more recent, but I'd always wonder and regret a bit for not being able to see the other side again.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I would likely turn myself human again.

If all of that real, by then, I would have been very much used to my average human life, and seeing such a major change happening all of a sudden would've come off as rather overwhelming; personally, I'd rather not face any of that at all, and continue with whatever I happen to be doing.

Of course, it would be sort of interesting to see how things are like as Pokémon if I'd chosen to be one, in my opinion, but at end of the day, I would still miss what I used to be, and start regretting soon afterward.

CliCliW

I have a Ph.D in Horribleness.
    Years
  • I'd stay a pokemon. Why would I turn from a fire breathing badger to a human?

Seriously though, I would probably opt for a Pokemon. In the games, there is no information given about the life you had, so you don't know what it is like. You have no people that you know are missing. I'd have made friends in the Pokemon World, and I'd be part of an awesome rescue team.

I do think it'd be worthwhile asking Gardevoir/a Jirachi/whatever whether the people I'd left behind could remember me, and if they did I'd ask it to erase those memories of me. But I do think they'd be already forgotten to be honest.

mew_nani

Pokécommunity's Licensed Tree Exorcist
    Years
  • It would really depend on the game in question. In the first PMD game you wished to be tested to see if you could save the world, and there's no mention of whether you left any family or friends behind. I'd lean toward remaining a Pokemon, but I'd like to know just what I left behind.

In the second game though you're from a horrible future in which the sun doesn't shine, wind doesn't blow, and water doesn't fall, and you're treated like one of the last humans left. Remaining a Pokemon would probably be preferable as you probably don't have any human friends or family left in the future, especially after the bad future is retconned and erased.

Boured

The Guildmaster
    Years
  • This is a hard question If I had the choice I would stay but that would probably hurt my family for not seeing me again but if I leave then the people I would meet would also be hurt so in reality you can never make everyone happy it all depends on whether or not you care for your family or friends in the PMD world to which I would care for both so I can never really decide even if I tried.

Back