• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Steel or Ground

sims796

We're A-Comin', Princess!
    Years
    So I'm raising a Brozong. I'm stuck on a particular move situation. I'll just post the moveset first.

Brozong@Lum Berry
    Nature:Relaxed
    Gyro Ball
    Explosion
    Stealth Rock
    Light Screen
    EV: 252 HP, 176 DEF, 76 ATK

The situation is, I have an Electrivire weakness. Gyro Ball + low speed + STAB is powerful, but Earthquake can hit it's weaknesses. I'm NOT replacing Stealth Rock or Light Screen.

Iceman3k

Kickin' it Tribal GO Style
    Years
    I suppose you could run Earthquake instead of Explosion. Then again, that depends on what the rest of your team is.

Only teach Bronzong Earthquake as a last resort if you don't have anything in your team that can strike an Electivire.

Richard Lynch

Professor Lynch
    Years
    Bronzong counters Electivire pretty well as it is. With his awesome Defenses, he'll take little damage from most of the moves Electivire throws at him (unless he for some odd reason has Fire Punch). So Gyro Ball is really all you need. Although, Earthquake is an all-round good move to have somewhere on your team.

And besides, if you run Earthquake, any Flying type or Levitate Poke will have a field day. Charizard is most noteworthy in Bronzong's case.

sims796

Years
    I'll save time & post the whole team. If I can't fit it due to Wii typing, I'll double post to automagically post.

Gyarados@Life Orb???
    Nature:Adamant
    Waterfall
    Earthquake
    Taunt
    DD
    EV:252, ATK, 252 SPEED

Vileplume@Black Sludge
    Nature:Calm
    Energy Ball
    Hidden Power [ICE] (Yay!)
    Aromatherapy
    Stun Spore
    EV:244 HP, 176 SP.DEF, 90 SP.ATK

Raichu@Focus Sash
    Nature: Timid
    Thunderbolt
    Grass Knot
    Focus Blast
    Nasty Plot
    EV:
    252 SP.ATK, 252 SPEED, 6 SP.DEF

Noctowl@Light Clay
    Hypnosis
    Whirlwind
    Reflect
    Air Slash/Night Shade
    EV:252 HP, 120 SP.DEF, 70 SPEED, 68 SP. ATK

Torterra@Leftovers
    Nature:Impish
    Wood Hammer
    EQ
    Stone Edge
    Synthesis
    EV:252 HP, 176 DEF, 82 ATK

Brozong@Lum Berry
    Gyro Ball
    Explosion
    Stealth Rock
    Light Clay

Now that I think of it, I can use a better Gyarados EV spread & item. I can also use any corrections that you can see. So should Brozong use Earthquake, or Gyro Ball? I have Electrivire problems.

EDIT: Thanks Richard. Ya make a good point. You too, Iceman. So Gyro Ball stays.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 26, 2008
    yeh you got a major electivire problem cause just about your whole team is taken down by him XD

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    yeh you got a major electivire problem cause just about your whole team is taken down by him XD

I think Sims realizes that...which is his problem at the moment. But keep gyro ball on it, it's a powerful attack usually. MAybe consider EQ over explosion...but that's your call.

seanmorely

Self-proclaimed sexiest member
    Years
    A good boltbeamer runs in and pwns everyone on your team. I suggest changing either Torterra or Vileplume, as you really don't need 2 grass types on this team. I also have no idea what Noctowl is doing on your team, as it's pretty much useless with those moves + sleep clause.

I suggest that you change Plume and Noctowl and keep Gyro Ball on Brozong. Brozong has good defense and Light Screen for the occasional mixed Vire. Damagewise, it won't matter that much.

sims796

Years
    A few things. A Light Screen Brozong cuts off Boltbeamers. I mentioned that Electrivire weakness. Yes, Lum Berry is for WoW. And Noctowl stays. It has helped me plenty of times, surviving STAB'b Stone Edges with the help of Reflect. It has cut off breeding chains, stopped stat uppers/sweepers cold, and blocked off Focus Sash users with the help of Stealth Rock. And most of all, it is my fav!

And don't ever tell me to lose Vileplume. I made such a fuss about it multiple times. On many, many threads.

But of course, thanks for all imput.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    Favs FTW! I recommend you get those screens set up b4 the fast and powerful WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY too OU sweepers come out, especially Vire and the boltbeamers. That way you have a good chance for a win.

Faceless*

YES!
    Years
    • ?
    • Seen Jan 17, 2013
    Heheh I remember battling that team until it ended up in a way that took 5 hours :P

Maybe you need Earthquake because the only Quaker you have is also weak to Electivire, or put in a speed pokemon :)

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    The main reason I haven't mentioned noctowl in the useless thread is because it can be effective...and go noctowl! Being able to take stone edge...impressive!

Faceless*

YES!
    Years
    • ?
    • Seen Jan 17, 2013
    I used Noctowl plenty of times. Itachi & C-dog (where is he?) can say how annoying it is.

EDIT:I HATE YOU, NAME! That stall war crippled me emotionally!

EDIT 2: And once Noctowl uses Reflect, half my team is armored.

Lol :P It's all because of my Bronzong ^^

Anyways, I think you need something speedier than your Raichu though, like Choice Scarfing one of your Pokemon

Iceman3k

Kickin' it Tribal GO Style
    Years
    I'll save time & post the whole team. If I can't fit it due to Wii typing, I'll double post to automagically post.

Gyarados@Leftovers
    Nature:Adamant
    Waterfall
    Earthquake / Ice Fang
    Taunt / Ice Fang
    Dragon Dance
    EV: 88 HP / 252 Atk / 168 Spd
    Ice Fang for Salamence and Dragonite.

Vileplume@Black Sludge
    Energy Ball
    Hidden Power [ICE] (Yay!)
    Aromatherapy
    Stun Spore
    EV:244 HP, 176 SP.DEF, 90 SP.ATK
    Okay.

Raichu@Focus Sash
    Nature: Timid
    Thunderbolt
    Grass Knot
    Focus Blast
    Nasty Plot
    EV:252 SP.ATK, 252 SPEED, 6 SP.DEF
    Yep.

Noctowl@Light Clay
    Hypnosis
    Whirlwind
    Reflect
    Air Slash/Night Shade
    EV:252 HP, 120 SP.DEF, 70 SPEED, 68 SP. ATK
    I'll get back to this one

Torterra@Leftovers
    Nature:Impish
    Wood Hammer
    EQ
    Stone Edge
    Synthesis
    Beware of Non-Sunny Weather when using Synthesis.

Brozong@Leftovers
    Gyro Ball
    Explosion
    Stealth Rock
    Light Screen
    Silver Bells

Now that I think of it, I can use a better Gyarados EV spread & item. I can also use any corrections that you can see. So should Brozong use Earthquake, or Gyro Ball? I have Electrivire problems.

EDIT: Thanks Richard. Ya make a good point. You too, Iceman. So Gyro Ball stays.
    From the looks of things, you have more than Electivire problems.

- There's a stat infliction weakness. Someone's liable to come in and Burn / Toxic / Para your team, putting you in a horrible situation.

- CSMedicham might also cause some havoc to your team. But to prevent that, you have to keep Gyarados and Vileplume as your defenses against them.

As far as Electivire goes, Torterra can manage to defend against an UnSTABbed Ice Punch and strike back with Earthquake.

Now personally, you need a Sleep Talker or an Aromatherapist to work out that Status dilemma.

sims796

Years
    Ok. Thanks, everyone. To Iceman:

You said exactly what I said, what with the status weakness. Hence why I taught Vileplume Aromatheraoy. Perfect, since it is my favorite pokemon from childhood, and fixes that problem. The STABbed Ice Punch is the whole reason I made this thread, but could Reflect fix that?

As for Cham, I forgot about him. I'll keep my eyes open.

Sora_8920

Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    Bronzong @:Macho Brace
    Trait: Levitate
    Impish Nature (Relaxed Works fine too).
    Earthquake/Hp Water(Fire Types)/Gyro Ball/Flash Cannon
    Protect/Hypnosis
    Hypnosis
    [Instert Stealth Rock or Light Screen here].
    Also, Protect+Hypnosis owns.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    Bronzong @:Macho Brace
    Trait: Levitate
    Impish Nature (Relaxed Works fine too).
    Earthquake/Hp Water(Fire Types)/Gyro Ball/Flash Cannon
    Protect/Hypnosis
    Hypnosis
    [Instert Stealth Rock or Light Screen here].
    Also, Protect+Hypnosis owns.

You do realize EQ also beats fire types...and since Sims is using gyro ball, -speed nature is the obvious choice.

Back