• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Steelers Win the Super Bowl

Johto Boy

Elite Trainer
    Years
    You can't tell from that picture to see if it was a touchdown. You need to see when he is in the air if the ball got to the goal line. You basically need video footage. Maybe it shouldn't been a touchdown. It was a close call, either way you would have fans complaining. But lets go out on a limb and say that it wasn't a touchdown and they had to settle for a feild goal. And lets say that the pass inference call (Which was a bad call) wasn't called and was a touchdown instead of a field goal. The score would still be 17-14, Steeler win by 3 points. I'm not saying that the Seahawks couldn't have won, it would've been much closer. But there is no proof that the Seahawks would have won despite some of the questionable calls. You can't change it, so accept it and move on.

EDIT: This picture gives you a better view.
    Steelers Win the Super Bowl

From this view it seems he DID make the touchdown. You can see that Bettis is right next to the goal line, and it appears Ben is past him, which means it WAS a TOUCHDOWN. Your picture showed him after he was hit, he was knocked back slightly.

Last edited:

Rikster101

~Wandering Trainer~
    Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2009
    i think the refs did go after seattle but im a steelers fan

also you got to admit that the crawling touchdown was cool when the ref even saw the steelers get away w/ it

Keitaro

Urashima
    Years
    Too be honest I don't think that touchdown really was the biggest call, I think the 3 biggest calls against Seattle were the Pass Interference when they scored a touchdown, the mysterious holding call that would've put them at like the Steelers 1 yard line and would've prevented that interception play and the personal foul against Hasselback for tackling the guy on the interception return is the other one but it wouldn't have happend if that holding call was there, those 3 plays were the main ones I had a problem with, the touchdown by Ben was understandable because of how close it was but none the less the score should've been 7-7 at halftime and the game should've been 17-14 for Seattle or 14-13 Pittsburgh in the fourth quarter because that gadget play happend with the momentum shift 'after' the phoney holding call and I wouldn't know who's ball it would've been after because there was a possible onside kick and an unknown factor if things did go down that way but like I said before Seattle outplayed the Steelers, I don't know how many times Seattle held the Steelers offense to 3 and outs.

Last edited:
    Back