• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Stick with the same color version or mix and match?

Years
  • If you were to recommend a person a pair of gen 5 games, would say they should stick with the color versions (I.e. W->W2 or B->B2) or to alternate (I.e. W->B2 or B->W2)? After looking at the version differences I think playing white and then black 2 would be awesome as you get the rare pokemon of white and the challenges or black 2, not to mention the whole tau trio. Thoughts?

Years
  • To tell the truth it really depends on what content you want to access. I would recommend White 2 though purely for the fact you can access Braviary super early in the game although you can't get the challenge key in the post-game. Though you can get a shiny dratini from benga. Braviary is also in White but it doesn't evolve until what realistically is post-game.

However White and Black 2 is great because for the reasons you stated, in the post game you also gain access to white forest which nets you more Pokemon you can catch.

Back