• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

stones or friendship?

dutchmuffin77

...not dutch
Years
  • who thinks evee should evolve into espeon and umbreon through friendship and who thinks they should evolve through stones
    and i want to know why you think what you do and if you pick stones which stone or stones in particular should be used to make them evolve?

i personnaly think stones would be an easier and quicker way of making them evolve but with it being so easy you may quickly evolve them and then without training them put them in your box right away and another factor is the right stones needed to make them evolve may not be available in that certain game.

{Swan}

I Never Asked For This.
    Years
  • Stones would make life so much easier. But I do agree with the forgetting Eevee. They should have done it like with the Dawn and Dusk stones, you can only get them later in the game, so you get some quality time with your Eevee first. Or just make hte happiness go faster. It's the reason why I let my Eevee evolve into a Vaporeon in Platinum and not battled for a Umbreon.

KurlyFries

let's get this bread
    Years
  • Well, stones would be SO much quicker, but I wouldn't have appreciated the massive coolness of either of the two Friendship Eeveelutions if they were evolved via stones.

I think they should be evolved with stones...
    IF the Eevee is level 33 or higher.
    Makes a lot of sense that way, so you have to train it, but if it gets it butt kicked a lot in the process, it won't hold anything against you and evolve all the same.

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
    Years
  • I think Eevees should only evolve at level 40 or above, maximum happiness with a stone while equipped with a proper item you only get two of during the course of the game. Oh, and you need to be on a certain route.

Now people won't dare feed their Eevee Energy Roots.

Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 29, 2019
    I think evolving eevee through friendship was a retarded idea in the first place. I mean, all previous eevees had evolved through stone. Espeon is the sun pokemon, and umbreon the moon pokemon, so using those stones makes absolute sense. I think they only used friendship and time of day to showcase the new additions to the second gen. Also, it would have been far easier to create an ice-themed stone and use that and a leaf stone rather than the mossy rock and icy rock junk.

BenjiTheKid

Cooltrainer Benji
    Years
  • LV 40 is kind of ridiculous.

I think LV 35 would be more like it. Pokemon usually do reach their final stage around that LV. (I mean, the Pokemon that evolve two times and SOME of the one-timers) So, it would be more reasonable.

However, I think Eevee should evolve through friendship with Umbreon and Espeon. It gives people time to train their Eevee as an Eevee. Sure, it is just a video game... but, it's convienient to train a first stage Pokemon for at least five levels. I can't explain why... it just is.

BenjiTheKid

Cooltrainer Benji
    Years
  • Finally,someone agrees with me...

Yup. :)

In the beginning, I thought that they should evolve with a sun stone and a moon stone... however, when I was playing... I think Silver... I realized that I only thought that because it would be convienient. It's a lot more challenging to do it by training. Because, then, you actually train your Eevee. I've always felt that not enough people train their eevee and just jump right into evolution.

Back