• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

STOP RIGHT THERE CRIMINAL SCUM

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    In games where you are free to break the laws of the society depicted in the setting, are you inclined to do so? Why (not)?
    Does your sense of (im)morality carry over to the real world?
    And anything else you think of. I'm shorter on questions for this topic than I'd like to be.

Bonus points for non-TES answers, but those are fine too.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
    Years
  • Some of the Tales games that I played required me to break the "rules of society" anyway. For instance, Tales of Vesperia, where the main character kills figures whom while did dastardly deeps over the course that they were alive, murder was still a crime. But I guess a more potent example was when I played Grand Theft Auto; I'm not more included to break the laws in that game, but... one time I did it for fun. Was it actually fun? Well, it was interesting! I had the character go on a murder spree, until he was eventually gunned down by the police..

But, still, just because I did it on a video game, doesn't mean that I'm inclined to break any laws in the real world, because, well, I obviously feel more mortal and an actual person in a deep society than in a video game. Well, of course, there's technically the pirating laws, but, almost everyone does that anyway.

Princess Sandshrew

PokéRespect
    Years
  • In any game that allows me to do this, I will do it. Often, in TES games, I like to play a thief character and I will go out of my way to steal all valuables NPCs have, just to have more money.

In TES, Fallout and GTA (and anything like these) I also enjoy frequently (it is all I do in GTA games) going on massacres just for the fun of it, usually starting with killing in funny or unusual ways and ending with either me getting bored of killing wave after wave of npc or being killed myself (usually the case in Skyrim).

IRL, I do have the desire to follow the ways of my thief characters I play so often, but fear the consequences that I may face, with no option to undo my actions. I've never had the desire to kill anyone, I cannot even remember the last time, if ever, I said something like 'I'll kill you' as an exaggeration.

Back