• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Strange Occurings around TV...

Years
    • Seen Jan 30, 2016
    I'm finding that after I watch a TV show, something comes before or after it involving something related to what was on if that makes any sense...

For example..I was watching Glee and saw the musical number on Lean on Me. Before that however, a commercial with the same song was on.

As well, I was watching Ugly Betty (yes i like these shows) and it involved a freaky plot around spirituality. Then, a few moments after, two people came knocking on our door asking us about spirtuality and some weird questions.

Has this kinda stuff happened to others?

Tacogeddon

Pokemonidae
    Years
  • This is probably more of a mental thing, like if you watch a show that involved dinosaurs, you'd catch yourself reading about or looking up dinosaurs later, because the thought was just in the back of your mind, something along those lines.

Patchy

-
    Years
  • Oh my godddd this ALWAYS happens to me. @_@

Like I heard a pun with the expression "tit-for-tat" which i'd never heard before, and then I heard it in school the next day. And the same with "Every tom, dick and harry."

It's really weird, but entertaining in a way. Glad to know I'm not alone. ;D

Vigilante

Ringleader of Hell
    Years
    • Seen Dec 26, 2009
    It happens to me a lot. It is just that you pay more attention to it, you start to recognize it when it comes up. IF you didn't watch it, you just wouldn't pay any mind to the strange occurrences.

Spearow

mr. nobody
    Years
  • Then, a few moments after, two people came knocking on our door asking us about spirtuality and some weird questions.

I cannot tell if you are talking about Jehovah's Witnesses or rogue FBI agents a la Scully and Mulder. The latter would be a pretty strange occurrence, I'll agree.

As for the rest of it, I'll have to second what Tacogeddon said. I won't deny that it's pretty cool to see something you learned/thought of earlier applied in a different situation, though.

Swift!

The Swiftiest
    Years
  • This happens to me all the time. I've learnt to control it. xD What you do is pick a number, any number at all, and then see how many times it comes up while your watching television. My number is 27, from an episode of The Simpsons, and I hear it in every single show I watch. No joke. xP

ANARCHit3cht

Call me Archie!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2020
    What Meneur D'enfer said. I've done research about it, and then my computer crashed. But it does happen all the time, it bugs me though.

FreaKryptid

LaunchingSnorlaxGetOutOfW ay
    Years
  • Hmm sounds kind of like paramnesia unfortunately cant find good definition of it to share here
    There is different forms of paramnesia however like Reduplicative which has to deal with the belief that places have been duplicated or relocated hmm Ill have to do more research when I find something Ill be happy to share.

Back