• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen strange thing about gts

Years
  • Hey folks.

I was looking for a Mew on GTS just for fun and what happened? There was shown a Gyarados which name was Mew. The offerer wanted another Gyarados for it so I tried trading for it...but everytime it said: Unfortunately it was traded to another trainer.
    But this "Mew" is still there and not traded.

Can anyone explain this to me? Oo

Shiny Pichu

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Oct 28, 2008
    The GTS server has probaly not refreshed yet, This is probaly caused by too many people connecting at one time or the OT of the "Mew" has a bad internet connection.

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    I spent ages asking for that last week (Just cuz its a funny glitch :P)

linkinpark187

Computer Tech
    Years
  • as Shiny Pichu said, its because the server hasn't refreshed yet. or you just found it right when it was traded. yes, it was a Mew at one point in time, but what they were looking for was a Gyardos, so that just means that they got what they wanted and its no longer available (but you think it would go right away, wouldn't you? lol).

Zacceh

Another day in the life of...
    Years
  • Oh yeah I remember seeing this xD I was gonna trade for it but I was afraid it would mess up my game. But yeah you would think the server would refresh immediately

Shiny Pichu

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Oct 28, 2008
    If you think a Gyrados named Mew is gonna screw up your game you should just quit pokemon.

Myzou

Lost and Confused xD
    Years
  • It may be a transform glitch. As you know, Mew knows transform, in the japanese version, unless I'm massively mistaken, Ditto/Mew/Smeargle retain their look and moveset after fainting while under effects of transform until the next battle they take place in...

Mike Ukiuki

Fight me if you dare.
    Years
  • I needed that mew I saw it a month ago, and there was a pokemon I relly needed and They wanted a mew and I didn't have any so screw you mewdoes( half mew half gyarados) funny huh :p

Mikoliah

The Living Legend
    Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2012
    The GTS server has probaly not refreshed yet, This is probaly caused by too many people connecting at one time or the OT of the "Mew" has a bad internet connection.
    thats not ture. the real reason is because the person who submitted it Hadn't gone online to get the trade over

untill that person logs in to get it it will always say that

Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2008
    Yes until that person logs in that trade is still open well shortive I had this happen to me once before their was a I think a Dialga up for grabs and someone wanted a Gyarados I caught it quickly and next thing I knew it was gone and I was a little mad but kinda funny nowLOL

Back