• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Street Fighter X Tekken

Years
    who has bought the game? im wondering if i should buy it or not. i love fighting games but i have barely even had time to play ultimate marvel vs capcom 3
    is it worth it?

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    Let's put it this way...
    If you're a competitive fighting game player, then this game is definitely worth picking up. Gems are no issue, the roster is very versatile and unique, no comeback mechanics, very deep, creative, etc. You know it's great when Tekken players who never played a 2D fighter or a damn 3rd Strike player are liking it.

The game encourages you to play smart, read your opponent, manage your meter and it's very footsie heavy. It has a good balance of being a defensive AND offensive game. Sure, it's only day 5 and it's too early to tell, but so far the game is looking great even though people are still playing it like street fighter 4.

I present to you SFxT's true potential:

This is what SFxT truly is. It's crazy how it's only week 1 and we already got a match like that. (Despite Poongko making a lot of mistakes and mashing DP so hard.)
    Imagine how hype the game will turn out to be on EVO.

HOWEVER...If you're just a casual gamer...
    well....
    Well there are some fun stuff like 2v2, scramble mode and all that but the game is hard and deep. It'll take time to actually know how to play it.
    Mind you it's no Tekken, 3rd Strike or King of Fighters but it's certainly one of the hardest Capcom fighters if you ask me. I know someone who is new to those and he is already asking for the game to be patched when it is very very solid.

Well, for players who love fighting games. For the casuals though, this game is a total cashgrab. Yep, a cashgrab. Gems, costumes and 12 characters that are on-disc DLC which you need to buy in order to use them.

Overall it's a fun game and it's definitely enjoyable IF you know how to play. You just have to be willing to take your time with it and don't go all "OH THIS GAME SUCKS BECAUSE I DIDNT WIN ON MY FIRST DAY" etc etc. I'd say buy it if you want a good fighting game, no if you feel like getting ripped off. (or get it used.)

Back