• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Strongest Johto Pokemon?

Years
    • Age 122
    • Seen Jan 27, 2019
    Which ones do you consider the top out of the 100? or 98 if you want to exclude Lugia and Ho-Oh.

And if you were to get into a inter-regional battle, which six Pokemon would be best qualified to take on the others? Besides Ho-Oh and Lugia

kyuubi93

What a bother
    Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2018
    That's a tough one. I've played through generation II more times than I can count. I've had some really strong and solid teams throughout the years.

Some of my favorites to use were Ursaring and Heracross.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Hmm unfortunately Johto has its fair share of weak and filler Pokemon (more than most other regions from my POV). I'd say it's likely Kingdra. Dragon is strong, and Kingdra is our best answer to Dragon lol. Other than the obvious Tyranitar...

Although a team of six? Kingdra and Tyranitar, definitely. You'd need a solid Psychic-type, so that adds in Espeon. Ampharos is pretty good too. So that leaves you with needing a Fire-type and a Grass type, maybe. Either Houndoom or Typhlosion ORRRR ok yeah no or. Last choice: all our Grass-types suck! Soooo... Bellossom? lmao

Kingdra, Tyranitar, Espeon, Ampharos, Houndoom and Bellossom.

A team to be TRULY feared.

kyuubi93

What a bother
    Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2018
    Hmm unfortunately Johto has its fair share of weak and filler Pokemon (more than most other regions from my POV). I'd say it's likely Kingdra. Dragon is strong, and Kingdra is our best answer to Dragon lol. Other than the obvious Tyranitar...

Although a team of six? Kingdra and Tyranitar, definitely. You'd need a solid Psychic-type, so that adds in Espeon. Ampharos is pretty good too. So that leaves you with needing a Fire-type and a Grass type, maybe. Either Houndoom or Typhlosion ORRRR ok yeah no or. Last choice: all our Grass-types suck! Soooo... Bellossom? lmao

Kingdra, Tyranitar, Espeon, Ampharos, Houndoom and Bellossom.

A team to be TRULY feared.

No clue why I didn't say T-Tar I look like a n00b now xD hahhaa, I've never used a T-Tar though, now that I think about it- mostly due to how late in the game you find it. Maybe on my next run I can gameshark in a wild L-Tar xD hahahha.

That being said, I agree with your team until Bellossom. I feel as if there are better Pokemon that could go there, like Heracross. I think Crobat would be a good choice as well.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Lol yeah I absolutely forgot about Tyranitar until I was like... huh? Isn't there a pseudo legendary here??? And yeah it's a shame that it's so late game although getting a Larvitar earlier would be cool.

And yeah I just threw Bellossom in because well we needed a grass type but honestly all Johto's grass types are awful. :/ Heracross is about the best, yeah.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Cuse you that team up there was 4/6 my team in silver. Just replace the first two with feraliagtr and aerodactyl. It really was a solid team i will absolutely say in all honesty.

Back