• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Stuff

Corvus of the Black Night

Wild Duck Pokémon
Years
  • Yeah hi, I keep coming back here to post art. lol

Spoiler:

Blue jay... haven't done hand drawn stuff in like FOREVER so this is unusual. lol

Spoiler:

It's a rooster combined with a ram! They're my chinese and western signs respectively so yeah.

Spoiler:

oh look a pokayman

Spoiler:

Drew my friend as his fantroll. Not actually a fan of HS myself but his character is pretty cool, got this Steampunk thing going on. So yeah.

Also experimentation with watercolour brushes with lineart...

oddly enough I actually have a wip for this:

Spoiler:

I know I made more but it looks like I haven't uploaded it anywhere since I left deviantart... I also have some stuff up on newgrounds under daigonite so yeah. Crits are cool, yo, so provide them. durp

Last edited:
    Years
  • Firstly, I like your paint-y style! Reallyreally like the Mandibuzz picture especially, the expression really does give off a "watch out" feel haha. You really captured how much of a hunter she is with the pose, which I really love :D

I'd definitely suggest working on your coloring, though. The colors on the second picture really aren't mixed together to "blend" too well. I think you blended the reds and oranges pretty well on the face, but when you got to the body it started looking a little bit more rushed (mostly the yellow on its back).

On that note, practicing backgrounds should be worthwile, too. ^_^ It's a little hard to make out the sky on the Mandibuzz image; the yellows seem a little harsh and don't seem to resemble clouds that much.

Last edited:

Corvus of the Black Night

Wild Duck Pokémon
    Years
  • Thanks a lot! D: Yeah I think you hit it right on the money with the chicken/ram thing.

Hahaha I really do need to practice backgrounds, definitely a weak point there. Perhaps I should focus less on characters and more on scenery. lol

Madam Cheezy

Imakuni Trainee
    Years
  • I kinda like the non-blended feel. Reminds me of Van Gogh a little. :)

The first one actually looks like a painting I have by Samuel Kim. Only, mine is a red birdie.

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2012
    The rooster-ram is simply awesome, man.
    Do more PKMN with this style!

The rooster-ram is so awesome. Do more PKMN with this style, man!

Last edited:
    Back