• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Tool] Stupid Oak!!

Years
    • Seen Jul 25, 2022
    Hey everyone, I've been working on this Red ROM for quite a while now, I've done a lot of stuff to it and I am very proud of it. I just used this free tool that lets you edit which Pokemon Oak shows you at the beginning - really not a big deal and it doesn't affect the gameplay at all. I changed it from Nidorino to Eevee, just to see it, and now it skips the Pokemon altogether. Not only that, but Oak will say his name, and suddenly the chacarcter starts in his room, named NINTEN every time, and the rival is named SONY. It skipped over the naming part of the intro! Is there any way I can get that feature back without starting over? Is there some hex code I could change? I have been getting better at Hex editing through this project, but not good enough to figure out whats wrong on my own. Thanks guys, I really hope there's a way I can revert this!

Back