• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Stupid Pokemon Things You Did/Thought When you Were Little *revived*

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
    I SPENT HOURS TRYING TO GET TO THE ORANGE ISLANDS AFTER I READ A CODE FOR IT ON THE INTERNET.

OMG same. I had this pokemon handbook which was based on the Anime and it was like "you can catch these pokemon in the orange island" It had like all the legendary birds with and all these awesome pokemon. I was like 6 or something - This was Pokemon Crystal.

Plus the same age, I read on the internet all these tips for pokemon crystal. The one I mainly fell for was the Tony Hawks in Pokemon one, where you go to the place where Red is on Mt Silver and he wouldn't be there, then you'd suppose to go where Red was to be standing and Tong Hawks would skateboard by saying a trade for your bike and his skateboard. And if you said no he'd steal it anyway.

I felt pretty Dumb after falling for that.
    One day I may make a parody on youtube about that!

LugiaFreak

Years
    When i was younger i thought that the longer you left the pokemon in the daycare the higher you pokemons level went.
    So I left my gameboy on for a few hours(went to school)
    and the levels didnt go up when i came back D:
    Yeah, I did the same thing. >< I plugged my GBA into the charger so it wouldn't die, then left it like that overnight. When the Pokemon hadn't gone up one freakin' level in the morning, I complained to my grandma and quit. XD

Apathetic_Yen

very original
    Years
    Oh, when I was playing emerald, one of my pokemon had been poisoned, and the screen shook every few steps. Needless to say, I had no idea what was going on and I must have been sobbing for about half an hour, thinking my new game was broken, when it fainted and the shaking stopped.
    I figured it out about a year later. :P

Thought the same thing, only it was my friend's game and I thought I had broken it. Also everything was in Japanese so I had no idea what was going on.

Also thought that moving or pressing the /triggers/buttons would help you catch a pokemon. Stupid Lugia......speaking of lugia, I didn't know that you needed the silver wing to find him so instead I went into the whirl islands into the room where he would normally be and spent an hour or so running into wild pokemon, expecting him to randomly appear.

ReyRey-Pyon

THREAD KILLER
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Feb 6, 2015
    I thought Misty and brock would follow me when i got blue version
    I also though the rival in GS was nammed "???" And i named him that, thinking i'd get in trouble if i "tricked the police officer"

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
    I believed that Mew was the strongest Pokemon and Charizard evolves to Charmillionaire if you level it up to 255 and make it hold the Amulet Coin. Oh and that Jirachi and Deoxys on a Space Shuttle thing in Mossdeep. I also thought Pikachu was based on a rabbit for a short amount of time.

xDaisuke0

Aspiring Professor
    Years
    I had no idea how to get out of Viridian Forest and was frustrated for a couple of days.
    I forget how i found the way out.....

I thought there was a Charmillionaire too....-__-

Azumi

★七色に光る女★
    Years
    I thought if you talk to Nurse Joy and healed your Pokemon, like, a few more times, your Pokemon will be sooooo strong.

Now I only heal once and am annoyed with the boring process.

Inferno1

Pokemon Trainer
    Years
    I was really stupid, one time and was playing around with the boxes in and stupidly released my starter and i had not trained the rest of my pokemon. It all worked out because i caught a hoppip and that is how i learnt with good training a not very strong person could be powerful enough to carry a team and i also lernt to train all of your pokemon at even levels

mhadz0021

Never knew Paul's so cute!!
    Years
    I didnt know that i should go pick a starter at Elm's lab...
    i thought the game was broken
    then i cried....
    *shiver*
    I JUST KNEW THAT WHEN I WAS 10!!!!GAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!

i thought charmillionare was real too..

TRUE_INSANE_KING

LolN00bz0rz
    Years
    • Seen Jun 3, 2009
    Well.. When i was little i read something about Duskull haunt down and hurt bad little children in their sleep or something. I Was afraid to sleep because i thought a Duskull would attack me in my sleep... =<.

Deoxys55

Deoxys Collector
    Years
    I used to think it was possible to join Team Rocket when that one guy in Red/Blue asked you to. I was sadly disappointed.

I also almost got to the max amount of money you could get in Sapphire because I heard the thing that if you did, you could buy a ticket and get onto the space shuttle and catch Deoxys. xD I think that's what started my obsession with said pokemon...

There were a bunch of other stupid things, but I can't remember them...

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
    When i was younger i thought that the longer you left the pokemon in the daycare the higher you pokemons level went.
    So I left my gameboy on for a few hours(went to school)
    and the levels didnt go up when i came back D:

I did the same exact thing. My brother told me to do that so I did it and when I came home, they were the same level and then my brother laughed at me

:t354:TG

Back