• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Stupid Pokemon Things You Did/Thought When you Were Little

Yuukihime

I'm allergic to people.
    Years
    Lol, when I first got my pokemon game I wandered around Pallet town for hours, never knowing what to do. I frowned upon my pokemon game and pouted saying ''the game is lame'' theres nothing to do! I was stuck in pallet town for a good unkown amount of time till I figured out what to do when I was ten xD

Scytherr

<3pokemon
    Years
    My friend told me that If I released my lvl 67 Charizard into the wild, If I came back around the same area the next day, it would appear, at level 99, and I could catch it without attacking it, with a pokeball. I fell for it.
    Awww, that sucks! Poor you :O

I had a high leveled dragonite, and my friend told me that if I didn't release it, my game would be deleted. I released it.

Years
    Oh yeah! Once, when I was like 5 or 6, my sister told me that my Arcanine would be happier if I released it.
    "It'll be happier in the wild!"
    *facepalm*
    Guess what I did?

Lol, when I first got my pokemon game I wandered around Pallet town for hours, never knowing what to do. I frowned upon my pokemon game and pouted saying ''the game is lame'' theres nothing to do! I was stuck in pallet town for a good unkown amount of time till I figured out what to do when I was ten xD

Sorry if I sound mean, but that made me laugh.
    The similar thing happened to me, I was like..."So...whut to do now..."

Years
    • Seen Mar 2, 2009
    For me:

1. My cousin said I could catch any Pokemon with a Master Ball, so I used it on another trainers Pokemon.
    lol

2. I thought that after kids go to bed adults have Pokemon battles with their real Pokemon.

xD

Oh my god, LOLLLLLLLLLL at number 2.
    I used to think/PRAY TO GOD that Pokemon were real. I'd take these little pieces of wood that were cut out like circles and colour red/white on them and throw them around because I was clearly the greatest Pokemon master in the world.

Years
    i got my pokemon games when i was like 5. 7 yers later, last year. i finally figured out that in Pokemon Red and Yellow how to get past the old man in viradian. before that...no freakin clue...my whole childhood...great games...WASTED!!! :'(

When I was little i heard about the shiny pokemon, but didn't understand what they were, actually. So, i saw a normal ratata in the first route in pokemon fire red, and thought it was shiny. I captured it with my masterball! (i was training my larvitar, after the pkm league)

And my friend convinced that he had a pikachu in his house in childrengarden. I believed it, and I reply that I had a charmander in my house (it wasn't real, it was a lie). Then, he was surprised, and since we thought they were real, each day we met we were saying things like "my charmander evolved" or "my raichu is better than your charizard" until the end of the year. I had fun, now it's so embarrasing.

M O M U S U

Fail-safe
    Years
    When I first got Red version, I was like 5, and I walked around the in-game house you start in for a long time, I couldn't find the exit. It had to be at least an hour.
    And when i got outside, the confusion escalated. I didn't even know what I was supposed to do at that point. I walked around aimlessly, and finally gave up after a few hours.

I also believed all of the Elite Four myths, and tried every single one out.
    I also released my best Pokemon, a level 80-ish Scyther, because my cousin told me that Scyther was an evil Pokemon and he was contaminating my other Pokemon, and soon they would all turn evil and stop listening to me.

So I released it...

yuki3056

Grass Types own
    Years
    That in yellow version I had to keep pikachu with me cause if I put him in the pc he wouldnt follow me anymore lol

kissing. raindrops

just jump, you might fly <3
    Years
    First EVER time I witnessed a Pokemon game in action was with a boy playing it, he was my mom's friend's son, and he was quite mean to me ;___;
    Anyways, he was playing Blue version, and he was surfing, obviously at the time I had no idea what that was, and I was like uhm you're an animal? How does that happen? And he didn't answer me.. XD

Katnip

Harajuku Lover
    Years
    When I was 4, I thought that Jinx was Psyduck's mom. (It didn't occur to me that there were more than one Psyduck and more than one Jinx.) So I got a pokemon card of Jinx and wrote "I love you mom!!!! mwah mwah mwah, love psyduck" on it with a Sharpie. xD

The Hero Without a Name

Da bee dee da ba mouse...
    Years
    So I was in first grade, and I had a Pikachu plushie. It meant the world to me. Then, one of my friends threw it away and I couldn't forgive her for years. I couldn't stop crying.

It looks pretty foolish of me now. least I got 3 more Pikachu plushies <3

Monochrome

[♠]♦]♣]♥]
    Years
    Gahh when I was a kid I heard all these stupid things and I fell for them....

- Thought if i released a pokemon it would follow me everwhere like Pikachu in Yellow... Lost Entei that way
    - Believed the whole Mew under the truck thing and in order to make sure I did it on Red Blue AND Yellow....
    - Beat the E4 100 times in Pokemon Yellow in order to get into "Bills secret garden"...
    - Almost crapped myself at seeing the level 40 Onix in Victory Road and wasted my master ball...
    - Thought if I got Mewtwo to level 100 on cinnabar island I would fight a mew
    - Thought Dratini was a legendary pokemon so I caught as many as possible in the safari zone.... Filled every box i had in pokemon blue...

I am a major idiot and when I was 5- 9 I had way to much time on my hands.... :D

DrawnVigilance

7861 Blackthorne
    Years
    i first got pokemon yellow when i was about 6 i think, and it took me two years to beat brock in the blue version i just got, i thought i was the greatest trainer ever when all i had was a lvl 17 Wartortle :D

Last edited:

hank jones

Elite Pokemon Ranger
    Years
    footbal tournament.

Back in the day, i pretended pokemon cards where football players, and i would design teams and plays, and have a game on my coffee table... age 7.

Kokuo

Ground Type Trainer
    Years
    I got withdraw and release mixed up because I didn't know what those words meant. (I was like, 8) So I ended up releasing most of my pokemon.

Back