• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Stupid question

Years
    I don't know if it's a good section, but I have two questions about whole Pokemon series.

Are any pokemon ever die?

Are there normal animals in Pokemon? If no - what do they(humans) eat? (chicken soup = Pidgey soup? xD)

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
    Pokemon do die. What do you think is under those Lost Tower floors? XD

And yes, there are normal animals in Pokemon. In the Shipwreck episode of Pokemon, you can see normal fish swimming about in the ocean outside.

Years
    Yeah, I know they can die. Like Cubone's mother etc. , but I mean does any pokemon die during manga/anime?

My friend told me once about fishes, but I still wonder why there aren't any normal birds in the sky, normal cows in the fields or normal squirrels or bugs in the forest xP

solaris knight

Phantom ESP'er
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2013
    Can't remember any Pokémon dying in the anime (outside of the movies, anyway. We've lost a Lucario and a Latios permanently). Plenty of Pokémon die in the manga, though.

Fish seem to be the only real animals in the anime. Is everyone a vegetarian?

salmence33

I'm out here
    Years
    • He/him
    • Seen Apr 26, 2024
    well the only food I've seen them eat are dohnuts and the old ghetto(not sure if I spelled that right XD)

SquirtleGirl

Pokémon: 10 years + Counting..
    Years
    I wouldn't think any pokémon have died in the anime [I haven't watched it in years], cause little kids would watch it and it would probably make them cry... xD

Years
    Are any pokemon ever die? YES

Are there normal animals in Pokemon? If no - what do they(humans) eat? (chicken soup = Pidgey soup? xD) YES

LegendMaster97

Commander of SuperRares!!!!
    Years
    In mistys gym in the show there are regular fish. im assuming thats what pokemon eat. i do not know of pokemon that eat other pokemon.

Kitsune Genetica

Tea and crumpets!
    Years
    Yes, Pokemon die. However, this is mainly in the wild. Pokemon that die while under Trainer care only really die of old age, an accident, or malicious reasons. Remember all the "Pokemon cemeteries" around, like Lavender Tower, Mt. Pyre, the Lost Tower? Someone's gotta bury their cherished partners somewhere. Also of note is malicious reasons. Remember the ghost of the Marowak in Lavender Tower in R/B/Y/FR/LG? It's heavily implied that Team Rocket killed that Marowak to get to Mr. Fuji. Case closed.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    I love how Johto doesn't even have a cemetery. Pokemon are immortal in the greatest region of them all.

trainergreen22

Breeder and Trainer
    Years
    I love how Johto doesn't even have a cemetery. Pokemon are immortal in the greatest region of them all.

Im sure the pokemon are'nt immortal. maybe they just dont care about dead pokemon as much as the other regions. johtos just to lazy to have a cemetary since kanto is right next door.

you'll know if people and pokemon eat pokemon if you actually think about it. Hummm, people in pokemon eat meat. If i wanted a hamburger im eatting a milktank or someother beefy pkmn. Also, i think i remimber reading some info in the pokedex about pokemon like :

Pidgeot - When hunting it skims the surface of the water at high speed to pick off unwary prey like magikarp.

Ekans - Eats eggs of birds such as pidgey and spearow whole.

Now with that info you can see that pokemon are just like animals with powers. Except you can control them with the help of pokeballs and friendship.

Last edited:
    Back