• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Stylus or sans?

Years
    Oh gosh, I haven't had a stylus in like 5 years haha. That being said, I don't need one anymore, never really used it to begin with. They were always really thin and hard to hold in my opinion.

diab_low

All men live, only few exist.
    Years
    Nahhh I don't use the stylus that much.
    I only used it in the dress ups and Poffin making and thats about it

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jan 29, 2013
    Depends if I'm doing anything else at the same time really, but I find it difficult to use my fingers, so I usually use the stylus. Especially in the "Move Pokémon" function in the PC, 'cause otherwise it just takes too long for my liking.

Years
    I used to always use the stylus then i lost mine, so i used buttons or finger, then i found another stylus but by then i realised it was way easier using my finger with the same effect

Marlo

Missing Person
    Years
    I definitely don't use a stylus, but I do use the pad instead of the cross on my 3DS for movement. It feels more comfortable.

If I ever do use the touch screen while playing, I just use my paws.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    I guess it's just me being so used to pressing buttons that I never really think to use the stylus for playing DS Pokemon games. Even though it might be quicker, years of just furiously mashing at the D-Pad are hard to overcome. Old habits die hard, and all that.

Ammako

I hate you. You know who you are.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2018
    Sometimes, I use the corner of another DS instead of a stylus.

s0nido

turn up the engine
    Years
    I used the touch controls, but I didn't actually go to take out the stylus to use them. I just used my hands. The buttons to tap were huge and didn't really need any precision, so I just went ahead and prodded stuff with my fingers. Of course, when playing mini-games or entering Pokemon contests, using a stylus would have been necessary and more accurate.

Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2012
    I never use the stylus or touch screen unless the mini game forces you. Just not a good design.

Back