• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sub Punch Themed Team

klducks

Team WWC
    Years
    • Age 34
    • WWC
    • Seen Aug 14, 2005
    heres a sub punch themed team i made... rate... dont give me those lame standards like PUT CALM MIND ON ALAKAZAM!!!! and HAVE CURSE LAX ITS MUCH BETTER!!!... its a themed team, get it through your head

Alakazam (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Synchronize
    EVs: 38 HP / 152 Atk / 252 Spd / 68 SAtk
    Lonely Nature (+Atk, -Def)
    - Focus Punch
    - Psychic
    - Recover
    - Substitute

i have those cuz none of my other pokes can take care of weezing, speed for starts

Rhydon (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Lightning Rod
    EVs: 214 HP / 170 Atk / 53 Def / 13 Spd / 60 SAtk
    Lonely Nature (+Atk, -Def)
    - Flamethrower
    - Focus Punch
    - Rock Blast
    - Substitute

switch in on jack -> sub -> rock blast, sup

Hariyama (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Thick Fat
    EVs: 208 HP / 157 Atk / 125 Def / 20 Spd
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Counter
    - Focus Punch
    - Hidden Power [Ghost]
    - Substitute

w/ onimusha's help... yep its way underestimated... stabbed hp flying barely does half... COUNTER

Snorlax (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Thick Fat
    EVs: 241 HP / 168 Atk / 63 Def / 38 SDef
    - Focus Punch
    - Shadow Ball
    - Substitute
    - Yawn

yawn is fun

Marowak (M) @ Thick Club
    Trait: Rock Head
    EVs: 161 HP / 160 Atk / 101 Def / 88 Spd
    - Bonemerang
    - Focus Punch
    - Rock Slide
    - Substitute

i think marowak is way overlooked and just randomly put s dance and make it a sweeper... umm thick club + 150 powered attack... err... coma anyone?

Breloom (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Effect Spore
    EVs: 120 HP / 252 Atk / 100 Spd / 38 SDef
    - Focus Punch
    - Sludge Bomb
    - Spore
    - Substitute

the most famous focus puncher... cant have a focus punch themed team w/o it

im thinking of having golduck > alakazam cuz i cant touch waters and it can learn psychic as well...

rate away?

NaVeR

That Guy from that Place
    Years
    Aiya Quackform said:
    I know that this is SUBpunching team, but you might consider Spore over Sub on Breloom to catch your opponents off guard, escpecially considering that all of your Pokemon have the exact same two moves.

Breloom (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Effect Spore
    EVs: 120 HP / 252 Atk / 100 Spd / 38 SDef
    - Focus Punch
    - Sludge Bomb
    - Spore
    - Substitute

>.>;;

Overall, nice subpunching theme. I agree, Golduck > Zam. Alakazam's attack is... well, sucky... Golduck's is more than 150% larger than Alakazam. Yeah, and I'd replace HP Bug with Psychic if I was using Golduck, but that's just me ^^;;

Shuckle

Most Hated Strategist.
    Years
    imo return over yawn for snorlax, stab is nice. and I like cb version of hariyama over that version, but both work, being that hariyama is fat and cool.

Toothache

Deepsea Toothache
    Years
    I like Yawn for the pseudohaze, but it does limit the options for Snorlax.

Maybe Fire Blast for Flamethrower for Rhydon to bump up the damage (notlike he has a huge Sp Att after all.)

If you're having Water problems with your team, why not use Zam after all and put Thunderpunch over Recover? I know the Attack is horrid, but it'll cover your weaknesses a bit better.

klducks

Team WWC
    Years
    • Age 34
    • WWC
    • Seen Aug 14, 2005
    Aiya Quackform said:
    I know that this is SUBpunching team, but you might consider Spore over Sub on Breloom to catch your opponents off guard, escpecially considering that all of your Pokemon have the exact same two moves.

get phonix

NaVeR said:
    Yeah, and I'd replace HP Bug with Psychic if I was using Golduck, but that's just me ^^;;

weezing, own me

honestly, do ppl read the little notes before rating? >.>

Toothache said:
    I like Yawn for the pseudohaze, but it does limit the options for Snorlax.

Maybe Fire Blast for Flamethrower for Rhydon to bump up the damage (notlike he has a huge Sp Att after all.)

If you're having Water problems with your team, why not use Zam after all and put Thunderpunch over Recover? I know the Attack is horrid, but it'll cover your weaknesses a bit better.

yey, a good rater finally =]
    accuracy has not been w/ me so fb is not an option
    and i swapped t punch > recover and it 3-4 koed cune and got koed in no time... anyway, i changed kazam to

Golduck (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Damp
    EVs: 51 HP / 153 Atk / 252 Spd / 54 SAtk
    Hasty Nature (+Spd, -Def)
    - Focus Punch
    - Psychic
    - Substitute
    - Surf

klducks

Team WWC
    Years
    • Age 34
    • WWC
    • Seen Aug 14, 2005
    malevolent internet said:
    hi the most famous subpuncher is mcgar and/or the new standard tyraniboah and you have neither you suck

i dont like kazam so i wont like gengar...

and y would i have t tar on a team that relies on sub? sandstream will screw the whole team over besides rhydon =P

Years
    • Seen Jun 16, 2005
    McGar is used to counter skarmbliss =/ and focuspunch does about 40-45% to bliss. So its not horrible when used right but I prefer the special gengar or the exploding one =[

I still say amphy over kazam/golduck <3 <3 <3

Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2005
    Lion Heart said:
    Just thought I'd tell people malevolent internet is another gimmick account.

And uh, Subpunch Gengar is probably one of the worst ideas I've ever heard.

A Focus Punch to run off an attack stat THAT bad!?

You gotta be smoking somthing weird.

you are new to pokemon or something, probably why it is so easy to beat you

mcgar and mcicegar, substitute/shadow ball/focus punch/thunderbolt and substitute/ice punch/thunderbolt/focus punch are still the standard gengars. ****ing idiot. that is like the longest living and most well known set in RS ._.

ps nitrous it does about 60%

Curburo-san

Prolonging the Magic
    Years
    • Seen Feb 25, 2005
    I like how you didn't comment on how dumb focus punch alakazam was, lion heart ^_^

Shuckle

Most Hated Strategist.
    Years
    lion heart I'd like to point out how normal ppl can tell a gimmick account, and do not need your help finding them.

Years
    • Seen Jun 16, 2005

mcgar and mcicegar, substitute/shadow ball/focus punch/thunderbolt and substitute/ice punch/thunderbolt/focus punch are still the standard gengars. ****ing idiot. that is like the longest living and most well known set in RS ._.

i need more attack evs on mine then =[

DragonKing

Strategist
    Years
    • Seen Aug 6, 2005

McGar isn't the standard for Gengar. It's simply an anti-SkarmBliss that sucks. Calling LionHeart a ****ing idiot because you disagree with him is not too nice. Also, there are many better SkarmBliss counters (Blaziken is an example). Wasting Gengar's great Sp Atk for physical attacks is a bad idea considering his attack is considerably lower than a Golbat's. Please don't go around cursing people and calling McGar the standard. Thank you.

Years
    • Seen Jun 16, 2005
    McGar isn't the standard for Gengar. It's simply an anti-SkarmBliss that sucks. Calling LionHeart a ****ing idiot because you disagree with him is not too nice. Also, there are many better SkarmBliss counters (Blaziken is an example). Wasting Gengar's great Sp Atk for physical attacks is a bad idea considering his attack is considerably lower than a Golbat's. Please don't go around cursing people and calling McGar the standard. Thank you.
    It IS standard because it IS anti-skarmory and blissey =/ (The standard now is fp/t-bolt/sub/icepunch I think) Doesn't matter if you "waste his attack" because you use his physical attacks against blissey =x

Gengar is practically impossible to predict against too =[

Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2005
    DragonKing said:

and who the **** are you? Whether you like it or not, McIceGar is the standard for Gengar. Get lost, random.

Back