• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Subliminal Messages

Years
    Subliminal messaging is also showing something that isn't perceived consciously in its obvious manner and requires some thought / your subconscious to see it. For example, the advertisement for that MMORPG I was talking about. Consciously, it's saying to play the game. Subconsciously / subliminally, it's saying that women should be treated like *****s.

So it's not just flashing an image for a split second across the screen - it's also "hidden meanings" to phrases, situations, and pictures seen on TV, heard in music, etc.

"Subliminal" means "hidden" or "hard to see". Subliminal messaging is a message that isn't perceived easily / consciously.
    lol Feminazi propaganda. How is showing a near-nude woman supposed to subconsciously tell people to treat them like objects? You have to already have serious issues if it has that effect on you.

As has been said, that's an obvious marketing ploy, not a subliminal message. Sex sells — it's common knowledge. I've yet to hear a good, specific example of an actual subliminal message, except the McDonald's one mentioned in the first post, which was likely just a glitch, as the network stated. People are acting like every slightly manipulative advertisement is a subliminal message.

Rich Boy Rob

"Fezzes are cool." The Doctor
    Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2016
    I remember the Derren Brown thing on a while ago about subliminal messaging. He tried to fix people to their chairs at home through the tv by (supposedly) using a certain sound to hold you there. While I wasn't I heard of a lot of people who were. He also tried this thing where he set up an entire shopping centre to subliminally encourage generosity. He then dressed up in prosthetics etc as a beggar and made £300! One of the examples of generosity was a poster of a man giving a child a shoe, and this apparently caused a man to give him his shoes!

ANARCHit3cht

Call me Archie!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2020
    I've heard a lot about movies like Disney have a lot of homosexual subliminal messaging.. but I think that it is poppycock. xD I'm never using that word again.

Years
    I remember the Derren Brown thing on a while ago about subliminal messaging. He tried to fix people to their chairs at home through the tv by (supposedly) using a certain sound to hold you there. While I wasn't I heard of a lot of people who were. He also tried this thing where he set up an entire shopping centre to subliminally encourage generosity. He then dressed up in prosthetics etc as a beggar and made £300! One of the examples of generosity was a poster of a man giving a child a shoe, and this apparently caused a man to give him his shoes!

I remember that, didn't quite work but my arms felt really weird after, felt all heavy and stuff. There was the one about the advertising guys designing a taxidermist name/slogan/logo and such which he got almost completely right, and the women in the toy store with the giraffe. Just proves it works.

Why yes, I am a Derren Brown fan, how did you tell?

Years
    I remember that, didn't quite work but my arms felt really weird after, felt all heavy and stuff. There was the one about the advertising guys designing a taxidermist name/slogan/logo and such which he got almost completely right, and the women in the toy store with the giraffe. Just proves it works.

Why yes, I am a Derren Brown fan, how did you tell?

i watched the derren brown thing too it didnt work at all. but it still freaked me out.

i know of a sprite or tango ad ages ago being banned cos it had the bottle and logo popping up all the time and was said it was banned cos of the subliminal messages it was giving after watching it i do admit it made me want the drink.

and as for the disney thing i dont see why they would wonna advertis homosexuality sence they refuse to have gays in there shows or anything.
    good example high school musical clearly gay but not allowed to say.

Muffin™

Knows your age
    Years
    I've heard a lot about movies like Disney have a lot of homosexual subliminal messaging.. but I think that it is poppycock. xD I'm never using that word again.

This is off-topic, but, eh. There is this daycare teacher who says if you are talking about a gay person she thinks it's inappropriate. I was talking with my friend saying "Why do gay people get made fun of all the time and they don't sho--" Then the teacher comes in and says "Don't say that in here. There's little kids in here and they don't want to know about that stuff." (BTW we were walking down the hallway and I live in a school that goes from K-8) I'm like to my friend "Jeez... she must be a homophobic xD" Annd the fact was, we were talking soft, not ALL CAPS!11!!. People these days need to learn...

Anyway, have you seen the Bush ad when it said "RATS" That was pretty subliminal.

SIN1488

Dedicated FluoroCarbons :P
    Years

This is off-topic, but, eh. There is this daycare teacher who says if you are talking about a gay person she thinks it's inappropriate. I was talking with my friend saying "Why do gay people get made fun of all the time and they don't sho--" Then the teacher comes in and says "Don't say that in here. There's little kids in here and they don't want to know about that stuff." (BTW we were walking down the hallway and I live in a school that goes from K-8) I'm like to my friend "Jeez... she must be a homophobic xD" Annd the fact was, we were talking soft, not ALL CAPS!11!!. People these days need to learn...

Anyway, have you seen the Bush ad when it said "RATS" That was pretty subliminal.

Subliminal, or coincidental? Hrmm.....

And that teacher is stupid and homophobic. Acting like she knows what the kids want to know, I guarantee if they overheard that conversation they would be like: "What's a homoseckswal??".

Years
    Keeping homosexuality hidden from view until children are like 12 is the very reason we have homophobia, by that point it seems weird and unusual and not natural et cetera, if it was introduced at the same time as heterosexuality then there'd be far less of an issue.

Muffin™

Knows your age
    Years
    I guess they said it because they don't want parents to let their child say that, and soon the whole Kindergarten will learn about homosexuals...

Or, the parents don't want the boy/girl to become gay when their older :/

Meh, where I live, people are REALLY fussy about things, so if one kid (this is true) is alergic to peanuts, our stupid principle TOM DANIELS comes and bans it from the school. No more cut fruit, Dunkin Doughnuts, or things with peanuts

SIN1488

Dedicated FluoroCarbons :P
    Years

This is most likely why.

I was thinking about the subliminals some more, and I though maybe we should do an experiment. You know how you see those sigs that say "If you a part of the ___% of the population that does/doesn't _____, put this in your signature.

Well I thought of one that might be funny and a little experiment at the same time: "If you are part of the 5% of the population that is not affected by mind control, put this in your signature."

XD I would put it in mine but I don't think it will fit. I'll try though.

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
    I guess they said it because they don't want parents to let their child say that, and soon the whole Kindergarten will learn about homosexuals...

Meh, where I live, people are REALLY fussy about things, so if one kid (this is true) is alergic to peanuts, our stupid principle TOM DANIELS comes and bans it from the school. No more cut fruit, Dunkin Doughnuts, or things with peanuts

Be a rebel, make the whole school (except that poor kid, of course) bring peanuts.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Haha, if you guys are believers in it, look up the New World Order and Illuminati, Free Masonry, and Satanism. Supposedly everything you see on the television or hear on the radio is meant to make you think and feel a certain way. Beyonce, Jay-Z, Lady GaGa, Britney Spears, Madonna, Kanye West, Rihanna, all of your favorite artists are brainwashing you with their lyrics and music videos for Satanic or sinister purposes. Have you noticed all of the similar themes in Pop, Hip-Hop, and Rick videos lately? It is all Robotic, Dream Worlds, Military War themed, monster, religion based, and end of the world like videos and the are all supposed to have meaning. Even if you don't believe in satan or God it would still have relevance because it is still meant to control you regardless. I am so fascinated with these things right nows. When you get as deep into it as I am it gets a little scary.

Demigod

umop ap!sdn
    Years
    There everywhere.. you just don't always notice it and they actually work.. for example you see a Mcdonalds add somewhere and like an hour later you will want Mcdonalds.

Back