• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Suggestion: ArrowChat

CharizardY

Master of Fire
Years
  • Hey all,

Got another suggestion for ya, this one I personally installed on one of my own vB boards and must say the plugin helps keep users connected. The settings allow you to make it where users have to be friends with other users to chat, much like Facebook. I believe this plugin will get people to actually use the vBulletin friend feature.

Here is a screenshot of the chat in use.
    Suggestion: ArrowChat

Plugin is called: ArrowChat

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
    Years
  • I've seen this on other forums before. Never got much use out of it personally, but it seemed alright. My main issue is kinda that this is a discussion forum, not a facebook alternative. I'm cool with some social networking stuff being integrated but with the main IRC, forum-specific chats and IRCs, the Battle Server, VMs, PMs, chat threads (DCCs), and profile fields for Skype and whatnot being here I kinda feel like we're gonna start drowning in ways to communicate and end up becoming some kinda weird hybrid between a forum and facebook. Maybe there'd be a niche there, but I think it's a bit of a risky move for a forum. I've also never really heard anyone complain that they found it too hard to communicate with their friends on PC. Another minor point I'd make is that I can see it being a real nightmare to moderate unless it's able to report sections of a conversation (?).

...also priceyyyyyyyyyy. There's a lot planned for PC right now, most of it being built from the ground up, and I'd like to see what kind of options are open to us from there on before splashing out on plugins. ...not that it's from my bank account, haha.

CharizardY

Master of Fire
    Years
  • I've seen this on other forums before. Never got much use out of it personally, but it seemed alright. My main issue is kinda that this is a discussion forum, not a facebook alternative. I'm cool with some social networking stuff being integrated but with the main IRC, forum-specific chats and IRCs, the Battle Server, VMs, PMs, chat threads (DCCs), and profile fields for Skype and whatnot being here I kinda feel like we're gonna start drowning in ways to communicate and end up becoming some kinda weird hybrid between a forum and facebook. Maybe there'd be a niche there, but I think it's a bit of a risky move for a forum. I've also never really heard anyone complain that they found it too hard to communicate with their friends on PC.

...also priceyyyyyyyyyy. There's a lot planned for PC right now, most of it being built from the ground up, and I'd like to see what kind of options are open to us from there on before splashing out on plugins. ...not that it's from my bank account, haha.

Yeah I understand and agree it's pricey! Considering all the communication addon's you guys got I can understand why this would be overkill. My experience with it has been great but I don't have all the other addon's or traffic this forum does.

Figured i'd suggest it anyway! Can't wait to see what the future holds for PC!!!

Back