• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sup, I'm new.

gamer1132

Pokemon Master
Years
    • Seen Mar 26, 2010
    I'm new and I have no Idea how to work this site. How do I know how to get PMs? How do I send PMs? What is this site about, just forums? Do you "train" Pokemon? I've seen people with trainer cards, what's up with that and how do I get one? Thanks to all who help me.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Alright.. xD lemme answer those.

First off, this site is just a forum. Nothing more than that, so there isn't any Pokemon to raise. If people have trainer cards then that means they made them to represent their gameboy/DS teams. You can either find Trainer Card generators on google, or have someone on here make them for you.

Now, as for PMs, if you see someone you want to PM, you have two choices.

The first is to find their username on a thread, click it, and then you get the drop down menu. One of the options says "Send a private message to _____", OR up at the top of the page, below your username, there's a link that says 'Private Messages'. Clicking that takes you to your inbox, where you can send, or check PMs. :D

That aside, welcome to the forums!

Regardless of the fact that there are no Pokemon to train here, I hope you enjoy this place. xD

Also, if you have anymore questions you can always PM me, or ask me over profiles comments.

gamer1132

Pokemon Master
    Years
    • Seen Mar 26, 2010
    Thank you! That got a lot out of the way...
    I go on a lot of forum websites, and is there a way I can "flag" a thread so I know when someone posts on it?

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
  • I go on a lot of forum websites, and is there a way I can "flag" a thread so I know when someone posts on it?
    There is, actually.

Look in the right-hand corner of the first post in any given thread, and you should see the tab entitled, "Thread Tools." Click this, and select "Subscribe to this thread" from the drop-down menu. You can go ahead and click "Add Subscription" or you can choose to be notified via email whenever the thread is updated. That's pretty much all there is to it. Simply go to your UserCP and it should be listed under "New Subscribed Threads."

Hope you decide to stick around for a bit, Gamer. PC can be a pretty wacky place, but it's pretty darn fun too.

See you around. o/

Back