• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Super Pokémon Scramble- Now Pokémon Rumble Blast!

NatureKeeper

Super Pokémon Scramble- Now Pokémon Rumble Blast! (And a rant about the release date. October?!)

Randomly surfing YouTube, when my subscription to Pokemon gave me the video above. Watch it before you read the rest of the post.

Looks really promising and will feature most of the 649, if not all, that is.

The only rant? October 24, 2011. Seriously, I have to wait until October to get the only Pokémon Game for the 3DS (besides PokéDex 3D which is a freaking app).

Years
    • Seen Aug 1, 2011
    When I saw the Herdier boss,Forever came to my mind
    And since I don't have a 3ds I'm not that sad,but I want one.OoT3D,RUmbleII.
    T.T
    Anyways,awesome.HOpe's the real deal

NatureKeeper

When I saw the Herdier boss,Forever came to my mind
    And since I don't have a 3ds I'm not that sad,but I want one.OoT3D,RUmbleII.
    T.T
    Anyways,awesome.HOpe's the real deal

The Herdier reminded me of Forever, too. They're obsessed with Herdier.

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2013
    This is probably the funniest example of wasted potential from Nintendo for a while.

Make a sequel to a budget downloadable release with what appears to be a handful of new content and relatively few improvements to the original game? (Like those horrendous My Pokémon Ranch graphics - making them really big doesn't help your case, guys) You could easily come to the idea that it'd be a great way to promote the 3DS' eShop by giving it the first original game from a Nintendo property. For heaven's sake, the only real 3DS game you've got up there is a port of a golf game for iPhones.

nah let's just slap a price tag that's three times bigger on it and sell it in shops

Last edited:

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    The graphics are like that for a very good reason - if every model had Pokédex 3D quality models, and... with that large amount of Pokémon on screen, I'm pretty sure that it'll end up becoming a slideshow on the 3DS. Completely unsuitable as a proper game.

I wonder whether the fact that it's going to be retail instead of eShop has something to do with the fact that eShop items tend not to get advertised easily?

Looking forward to what this is all about when the US release comes. Never played the original, by the way.

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2013
    I'm not asking for the 'Dex 3D graphics, but something that wasn't designed for games that couldn't be larger than 50 megabytes, and something that can stand up to other games that are released on your systems. This game costs three times as much as the original Pokémon Rumble does.

And yes, that can be boiled down to "Nintendo is still extremely reluctant to embrace online functionality because a bunch of old Japanese men don't want to adapt to a changing world where their old business practices aren't up to scratch anymore"

Legendary Silke

Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    I'm not asking for the 'Dex 3D graphics, but something that wasn't designed for games that couldn't be larger than 50 megabytes, and something that can stand up to other games that are released on your systems. This game costs three times as much as the original Pokémon Rumble does.

I wonder how large the actual content is? The game's out anyway in Japan. I'd reserve judgement until everything in there is revealed. Besides, if 50 megabytes could fit in everything inside this game, I'd like to know what kind of compression was being used.

So going to buy this just because because it looks fun. Marketing, screenshots and positive feedback are everything in the end.

Legendary Silke

Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    Hmm... this game's gonna have three different titles... In Japan, Super Pokémon Scramble. In NA, Pokémon Rumble Blast. In Europe, Super Pokémon Rumble. And it's coming out in Europe in December, about two months later than NA.

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2013
    Is one man doing all of the European language translations after receiving a hastily scribbled dump of the English text?

Legendary Silke

Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    Is one man doing all of the European language translations after receiving a hastily scribbled dump of the English text?

We'll know what's up with the translation(s) when it comes out in Europe. I do not know what actually happens there.

Legendary Silke

Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    I do have a feeling that I'll be buying this after it comes out for NA about two months later. I hope that the stores at my place get the game in stock ASAP. They're pretty fast when it comes to NA region games (that's what our 3DSes use, too).

Back