• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Super Smash Bros. 4 (Wii-U and 3ds)

darkpokeball

Beware the Chainsaw Meowth 0.o
Years
  • While browsing the internet, I came across several sites announcing that at the Nintendo E3 conference(or something like that), Super Smash Bros. 4(with no official name yet) was announced to be released for the 3ds/Wii-U. What is your opinion on this? Do you believe it to be real? What characters would you want? etc.

In truth, I'm a bit scared that if it's real, it might just be a remake of a previous SSB game.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
  • It's real. It was announced at E3 Live and several people here on PC watched the conference where it was announced, nothing is known about the game though. \:

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    Words cannot describe how much I'm looking forward to..... Bowser's redesign. lol

But seriously, I can't wait for this, especially the 3DS version. Hopefully they'll fix the on line multi player to make it more fleshed out.

Eternal Nightmare

Stunningly Handsome
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2015
    Welll the only bit of info that is know on it is this but thats not really much in itself either

Im hoping for some interesting characters to join the fray this time around but as long as Sonic is still playable then Im already set :P

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
  • I just hope they bring back Roy, he was one of my favorites not to mention Marth is my fav. I am hoping they add somebody like Megaman(Classic) or Zero(preferably Megaman Zero form) from the Megaman Universe. And I doubt we will find much info on it for awhile, I don't even know if they have began or did much development on this at all.

Eternal Nightmare

Stunningly Handsome
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2015
    I just hope they bring back Roy, he was one of my favorites not to mention Marth is my fav. I am hoping they add somebody like Megaman(Classic) or Zero(preferably Megaman Zero form) from the Megaman Universe. And I doubt we will find much info on it for awhile, I don't even know if they have began or did much development on this at all.

Its not in development yet because the team wants to finish Kid Icarus first and even so needs to build a team to start development on the next smash.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
  • Wouldn't they also need to deal with licensing and getting with the creators of the franchises before they even started development? At least I think they would, which that would be a huge hassle in itself trying to get approval from various franchises.

Wansen

Regal Bryant
    Years
  • Maybe they might add Phoenix Wright :'D (I doubt that will happen)

Maybe we will see some more MGS characters :D Grey Fox would be badass!

Late

Pokémon Artist
    Years
  • This thread is a little late as it got confirmed two weeks ago but at least there's one now :)
    Here's a link for information about these games: https://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2011/06/09/iwata_asks_smash_bros/
    Last sentence of this article is: "Sakurai threatened (or possibly joked) that if they can't find appropriate staff, he'll either switch to development on just one platform, or will use a small staff and take five years to make the project." I'm hoping that they find some people to work with these games.

imevil

Biggest Scyther Fan
    Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2016
    I cant wait for this game. The smash bros games are my favorite. Hopefully this time theyll add more third party chracters (shadow, goku). Morer stages and amazing graphics. CANT WAIT!!!!!

Years
    • Seen Nov 6, 2017
    another sonic character would be sweet. but as long as the online is updated to be more like other games like cod and etc, ill be happy as can be

Years
  • As long as Pikachu comes back (which he will) and has the same awesome moves (if not better ones), ill be happy, and my money will be with Nintendo once again.

Eternal Nightmare

Stunningly Handsome
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2015

The Wii U is going to be Wiimote and GC controller compatible, so it would be very stupid of them not to make it so.

Actually its been revealed that the Wii U doesnt support backwards capability with the gamecube and its accessories. Time to gear up those tablets classic controllers or ,even better, just use a Wiimote.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Actually its been revealed that the Wii U doesnt support backwards capability with the gamecube and its accessories. Time to gear up those tablets classic controllers or ,even better, just use a Wiimote.

Oh wow, really? Ew.
    Why do Nintendo ignore one of their greatest consoles; the Gamecube?! ;;

Anyway, that aside, I am just going to ignore all the little things about the Wii U and wait till a decent descriptive announcement is made, because I feel this is like a game of Chinese whispers now.​

Back