• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Super Smash Bros. Melee

Bkue

(Ba-Kooo)
    Years
    Marth and roy are overrated to me.
    I use Fox and Link.
    but I'm pretty good with most characters

I know Im a little late to quote you, But I havent checked this thread in forever XD

Yes I have to agree with you, Most people use Marth and/or Roy. But they are very good, I can get a lot of combos off of there moves, And then when you get the chance you can do a half moon (Pressing down +A in midair) To smash them down to their death, Just watching them even TRY to survive is funny XD.

And yes, I use Link and Fox too, Very good characters.

Jari

Kyogredude
    Years
    What I find funny is all the posts in here saying "OMG I'm the best out there. | If any of you could battle me you'd lose. | Battle me and I'll ace you with [Put Character here]" and so on. Just because you beat a few friends you end up the best SSBM player out there? I foresee a few shocked people when they get to play SSBB online.
    Heh, I guess most of them don't know what wavedashing or who MrSilver is.
    But to be honest, I only play against friends too. My mother doesn't let me go to tourneys. I'm not gonna win anyway. I'm good, but not pro.

Lionheart

Summon Spirit of Light
    Years
    I wish mine would work, i will probably have to get a new one, i got a picture that has a Mewtwo affected by a Shadow Ball and another that is normal, they have there hands pointing towards each other.

Yoshistar64

Kanrinin-saaannnnnn!!!
    Years
    I played mostly against friends and unlocked Mewtwo with them. We put the time to 60 hours and either dodged Bullet Bills or survived in Infinite Glacier (I think that's what its called). We played 20 hours each day. Good times... Good times.....

The other day I was at Nintendo World in Manhattan, I saw an empty controller spot and took it. Then these 15-25 year olds who were playing said, "Get lost, kid, we don't need a 12 year old here." I said,"What, you're scared that a kid is going to beat you?" I ended up schooling them and I left saying,"And that's...... how it's done." Then they called other people to help them and called me back. I schooled them again, and they were speechless. They kept doing this, kept losing to me, and said, "Kid, you are a pro." It was hilarious.

Not bragging, just recalling a few of my favorite moments in Super Smash Brothers Melee.

Lunux

<-- My recolours!!!
    Years
    I wish i went into a tournament of some kind to prove that i'm actually good at this game, because i am. all of my friends can try and try and even team up and not be able to win it. my absolute best character is Fox. Fox rack up damage fast on foes because of his small knock-back and while the enemy is still recovering he can swoop in and land another blow.

Destiny Hero - Dogma

Destiny Hero
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2007
    What I find funny is all the posts in here saying "OMG I'm the best out there. | If any of you could battle me you'd lose. | Battle me and I'll ace you with [Put Character here]" and so on. Just because you beat a few friends you end up the best SSBM player out there? I foresee a few shocked people when they get to play SSBB online.

Anyway. My best character is Fox. I like the speed of Fox over Falco's power. In most games I take speed over power, and SSBM is no different. Most of the time I sit back shooting my blaster or doing my super special light speed attack over and over. To me, it's a good way to clean up a battle, I change my tactics but I use the blaster most of the time.

you can play SSBB on your Computer?:\

Kenny_C.002

Welcome to Rokkenjima
    Years
    I wish i went into a tournament of some kind to prove that i'm actually good at this game, because i am. all of my friends can try and try and even team up and not be able to win it. my absolute best character is Fox. Fox rack up damage fast on foes because of his small knock-back and while the enemy is still recovering he can swoop in and land another blow.
    Fox gets some of the most spectacular plays of all time, even though Falco tends to be more flashy under normal circumstances. Fox is the only guy who can WD --> DD --> WD --> WD --> Shine. Like seriously the other guy didn't know wtf's going on. He just saw a blur of Foxes everywhere. XD

Shiny Umbreon

光るブラッキー
    Years
    I play good (but I'm not the best) with Pikachu, Mario and Samus. I prefer Falco rather than Fox, but I'm not so good with either. I don't like slow characters (Bowser, Ganondorf) I can't control them, especially having gotten used to Pikachu.

Yoshistar64

Kanrinin-saaannnnnn!!!
    Years
    I read somewhere that speed characters are the best characters because they can dodge attacks well. In my opinion, Defensive ( aka all-around ) characters are the best because they can do damage fast, jump pretty well, and strike combos easily. Power characters can take a little getting used to, but they're fine for me.

Anyone know how to run backwards?

Kenny_C.002

Welcome to Rokkenjima
    Years
    The simplest way of saying it is to hold diagonally down in the direction you want to move, then press jump and L (or R) right after. Timing for the L (or R) is different for each character, since their jumping responses and what not are different, and you have to get your timing right so you never leave the ground. You will know if you've done it if you see your character "slide". This technique is more obvious with Luigi, and is recommended that you start with him when you practice.

Welcome to the world of advance techniques. This move is called "wavedashing", shortened to "WD" (that I refer to all the time).

No, we don't joke when we say that most people here don't know any of this, and therefore aren't competitive. :3

Shift

Stolen from Wifiddle at Smogon
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2008
    Shift loves SSBM. Shift defeats everybody in his neighborhood.

I love this game.. You dont want to fight my Marth =P

Shift would like to fight Bkue's Marth with Shift's Falco. Shift thinks Shift will own Bkue.

Yoshistar64

Kanrinin-saaannnnnn!!!
    Years
    Don't get too confident, Shift. You're the best in the neighborhood, so what? I have to back up what Arcanine said...

Anyway, thanks, Kenny. It worked something good. Now I'm gonna make my friend who wanted to do that jealous.

Kenny_C.002

Welcome to Rokkenjima
    Years
    The hardest part of WDing is not knowing how it works, but how to incorporate it into your game. More importantly, learning how to unlearn previous knowledge of rolling, etc. is the hardest part of it all.

Years
    I know how to wavedash, but I don't do it much, mainly because like Kenny said, I just can't figure out a way to incorporate it into my game

Back