• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Super Training

MarioManH

top kek
Years
  • This is probably one of the best things I have seen introduced in the Pokemon series. I was able to EV train my Mewtwo inside Unknown Dungeon within 90 minutes. Has anyone else have a good experience with this new addition?

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Super training is a lot easier than the old-fashioned EV training, that's for sure. :) EV training required you to search and defeat a specific set of Pokémon in order to increase certain EVs, which took a lot of time, patience, motivation, and energy. But in super training, all you have to do is take a few seconds and play a couple of mini-games. Once you're done, your effort values would be raised instantly without any kind of hassle!

So far, I've super-trained about three of my Pokémon—Blastoise, Chesnaught, and Talonflame. Blastoise's EVs were spread so that it can take full advantage of its defensive stats. I've raised Chesnaught's effort values in order to fine-tune its Attack and Special Defense. I would've raised its Defense stat instead of Attack, but its Defense was good enough already. It didn't need a boost. As for Talonflame, I've modified its EVs in order to maximize its Speed and Special Attack stats. Talonflame has access to a variety of special-based moves, so I thought giving an increase to its Sp. Attack would be a good idea.

Super training is great—I love it. I hope that they don't make this feature exclusive to X and Y only, and decide to have it implemented in all future Pokémon games.

Evoslingerr

III Generation Enthusiast
    Years
  • I'm having a bit of trouble understanding how scoring points is established. I fought the training with a new-born Ralts, and everytime I hit the target I got from +3 to +14 points. On the first part of the training (the one with Magnemite) it took me 2 minutes to score the necessary 150 to pass the mini-game. After I unlocked the second set of super training I tried the Sp.Atk Lv. 2 and this time the game asked me to score 1,500 pts. Of course, I couldn't do that in the set time... So, scoring depends on what? Cause I fought the same challenge with a Lv. 32 "Fire Pidgeotto" and this guy scores 64 pts per goal.

MarioManH

top kek
    Years
  • I'm having a bit of trouble understanding how scoring points is established. I fought the training with a new-born Ralts, and everytime I hit the target I got from +3 to +14 points. On the first part of the training (the one with Magnemite) it took me 2 minutes to score the necessary 150 to pass the mini-game. After I unlocked the second set of super training I tried the Sp.Atk Lv. 2 and this time the game asked me to score 1,500 pts. Of course, I couldn't do that in the set time... So, scoring depends on what? Cause I fought the same challenge with a Lv. 32 "Fire Pidgeotto" and this guy scores 64 pts per goal.
    I think the more EVs a Pokemon has obtained, the more points it hits for.

Back