• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

superbowl 40 seahawks vs steelers

who do you think will win superbowl 40

• Seahawks

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Steelers

Votes: 11 78.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Samurai X

La Dolce Vita
    Years
    Lust said:
    6-2 on the road is pretty good if you ask me. But of course the Seahawks did play in the weak NFC West.

That's what I've been trying to tell my friend this whole time, I mean come on playing six of your games against the 49ers(I still love my team), Cardinals, and Rams, they're lucky. They also played the Texans, Titans and Eagles.

since they did go 14-2 during the regular season

They went 13-3 didn't they?

The 12th man isn't going to be on their side this time, I've been seeing a lot of "practically home game for the Steelers" all over the place.

Johto Boy

Elite Trainer
    Years
    I just looked at their schedule, and it wasn't very impressive. The only playoff teams the Seahawks had to play during the regular season were...

Jaguars (They lost)
    Giants (They won by three points)
    Colts (They won)

They beat the Colts only because they didn't play their starters. And they only beat the Giants by three points...

Now look at what playoff teams the Steelers played...

Patroits (They lost by three points)
    Jaguars (They lost but they didn't have Big Ben)
    Bengals (They won)
    Colts (They lost, but it was Ben's first game back so he was a little rusty)
    Bengals (They lost by a touchdown)

The Steelers lost twice when Big Ben was gone, once against the Jags and once to the Ravens. Both games were close though, so I believe they would have won both of them if they had Big Ben, and their record would have been 13-3. Then they also would have been Division Champions, instead of the Bengals. Not only did the Seahawks have an easier schedule, but a lot of people forget that the Steelers didn't have Big Ben for four games, and they lost two of them.

Last edited:

Johto Boy

Elite Trainer
    Years
    He didn't actually say he was going to retire. He said it was a good possibility, but he wasn't sure. If the Steelers win, I think he will retire. If they lose, he probably still will retire. I hope he leaves winning a SB.

Spencer

-_-
    Years
    I don't really care who wins this one. I was hoping the Patriots were going to make it but then they lost. Then I wanted the Panthers to win, but they lost too...

Bocky

<-- the best
    Years
    I want the Steelers to win. But I'm split on the question, the Steelers have won the superbowl 4 times, so it's likely they'll win, but the Seahawks have never won so they'll either loose or work extra hard and win. Who knows? 0_o

Johto Boy

Elite Trainer
    Years
    What the teams did in the past really doesn't have much to do with what will happen in this Super Bowl. It would be nice to see the Seahawks win, because they never won a SB before. But I think the Steelers deserve it more. For Big Ben, for THE BUS, and for Bill Cowher. And all the rest. They were so close last year, and they don't want to lose now.

diarugapal

galipoka rocks
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Dec 12, 2012
    I hope SeaHawks win. Not because they're my hometown, its because I believe in them. Steelers suck. No offence to the people that live in the Steelers' hometown and Steeler fans.

Johto Boy

Elite Trainer
    Years
    Pokeflute V2 said:
    I hope SeaHawks win. Not because they're my hometown, its because I believe in them. Steelers suck. No offence to the people that live in the Steelers' hometown and Steeler fans.

You don't make any sense. Are you trying to say they "suck" as in skill, or you just don't like them? I don't how anyone can truthfully say that they "suck" in skill. They beat the top 3 seeds in the AFC all on the road, something no team has ever done before. Its OK if you don't like them, but you don't have to use thoses kind of words. It can be considered flaming, something that is against the rules.

Lust

Ubersexual
    Years
    Pokeflute V2 said:
    The Steelers suck? Dude, do you even watch football? You're probably one of those "bandwagon-ers".

diarugapal

galipoka rocks
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Dec 12, 2012
    I don't mean they suck as I don't like them. they're good. i mean they suck as in sarcasm. they have a mighty chance to kick seahawks' butts. it doesn't matter who wins to me, it matters how they play. i do watch football. but i started watching when the playoffs came. i only watch my home town. don't get rough. seahawks used to suck. i dont know about the steelers, but what i do know it'll be a close game like what Johto Boy said. Oh not to get offtopic or anything but, good luck on your remake!

edit: oh yeah i forgot to say, steelers used to be my favorite until they faced my hometown on the superbowl. just to let everyone know.

Last edited:

Johto Boy

Elite Trainer
    Years
    Pokeflute V2 said:
    I don't mean they suck as I don't like them. they're good. i mean they suck as in sarcasm. they have a mighty chance to kick seahawks' butts. it doesn't matter who wins to me, it matters how they play. i do watch football. but i started watching when the playoffs came. i only watch my home town. don't get rough. seahawks used to suck. i dont know about the steelers, but what i do know it'll be a close game like what Johto Boy said. Oh not to get offtopic or anything but, good luck on your remake!

edit: oh yeah i forgot to say, steelers used to be my favorite until they faced my hometown on the superbowl. just to let everyone know.

Oh, it didn't sound like sarcasm. But anyway thanks about the remake. You didn't watch any playoff games with the Steelers? Wow, you missed some great games. It was awesome to see the Steelers come in and bring down the Bengals, Colts, and the Broncos. Even though no one thought that they could do it.

diarugapal

galipoka rocks
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Dec 12, 2012
    true that. one time i was flicking channels, i saw the colts' first lose. i was like, "finally they lost!"

Samurai X

La Dolce Vita
    Years
    Me too, I got mad when they reversed the call on Palumalu's interception and when Bettis fumbled I almost threw my DS at the TV. Then Vanderjagt missed the kick and my heart rate went back to normal.

Johto Boy

Elite Trainer
    Years
    TOM BRADY IS FLIPPIN THE COIN??? I just heard this on another football forum. Couldn't they think of someone else? Even when he isn't playing in the Super Bowl he's still flipping the coin. Here is the source they gave me... I think he just doesn't want Ben to break his record. :P

Back