• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Surprise!

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Mar 3, 2013
    Oh snap, I bet you weren't expecting this, a new member to this forum location place thing. I was reading stuff about rom hacking here cause it's like the dead of night and I was bored. I wanted to download some tool to play around with, then it was like, hey man, you gotta create an account, so I did. I chose the name Ghosteon, cause, ghost Pokemon are cool, and I like Umbreon, so... close enough? Anyways after I realized I had no idea what I was doing with the program, I realized hey, I like Pokemon, and these people here like Pokemon, the connection clicked and here I am making an introduction thread. Not entirely sure what to put here though, so... Pokemon?

I've been playing Pokemon ever since I was little, like really little. My first memories of life is actually playing Pokemon Red. I also remember the day I got Pokemon Silver too, that was awesome. At the time, the thought of new Pokemon was like mind = blown. I had never considered the concept of a new generation or region, good times. Most people know me for having an obsession about Pokemon. I've also played through every main Pokemon game so far. I'm also known for having a lot of dumb luck. On my first week of playing Pokemon Black 2, I found a shiny Gothita and Ducklett, not making this up. 100% legit, it was pretty awesome. Uhhhh, I like Japanese Pokemon Cards a lot, no idea what they say, but they have cool pictures. I also like music, a lot.

That's all I can think of, nice to be meeting you all, whoever "all" is, also...

Sylveon is a Ground type Pokemon, fact

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
    Welcome to Pokecommunity, Ghosteon!
    I'm glad to see you here. Wow, you're very lucky to find 2 shinies in early playthrough of Black 2!
    Have fun here and best wishes!

Student D1

De-Wott?
    Years
    You seem to be a chatty person; I can tell that you are by the looks of your introductory post.

But anyways, hey Ghosteon!

My name is Student D1, but you can call me as Student, and welcome to PC! :)

So you're known to have dumb luck, eh? You say that you encountered a shiny Gothita and a shiny Ducklett; very fortunate you are then. Not everyone gets to encounter 2 shiny Pokémon early in the game. As for me, I only encountered a shiny Hypno, but I didn't keep it because its nature (including its characteristic) wasn't that good, so I traded it away for a better Hypno (don't ask why, it's my decision). After that, I haven't encountered any shiny Pokémon. So yeah, I don't have that much luck in encountering another one, but I am lucky in battles, usually Wi-Fi battles but not always. Anyways, what else did your dumb luck give you? :P

You like music! What kind of music then? For me, I like to listen to classical music; they're just very soothing to the ears. I also I like to listen to thinking music, so I could think well when it comes to answering assignments. Lastly, I listen to video game soundtracks.

Well, just remember to read the rules and hope you enjoy it here! And if you want to have a chat, I'm always open ;); just VM me by clicking on my name (or the link on my signature) and type any message you wanted to say on the text box (I suppose you already know that beforehand?).

By the way, why do you think Sylveon is a Ground-type? If you want to discuss about it, then share your thoughts in this thread. (I didn't make the thread, just so you'd know.)

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Mar 3, 2013
    Hey! I'm glad to see you here too Wind Heart, although I've only known of your existence for a few hours, it's good to meet you!

Hey Student! I am a chatty person, that's a good thing right? I can type at about... 90 WPM, just about as fast as I can talk. So the two go hand in hand for me, I've just got a lot to say haha. When you said "welcome to PC" I thought of Personal Computer, than I saw the forums name and it made much more sense haha.

Indeed I am, it's quite funny actually. The joke started after I found my second shiny Pokemon within a week of Black 2's release. I kept them in my team as well, though later in the game I learned Gothita has a terrifying screech. I even showed them both to the Gamestop that I bought the game from, and now I'm a legend, known as the guy who caught two shinies in a week at that store. It's a running joke with my friends, things just "magically" work out for me, or I'll be incredibly lucky in battles for Pokemon or in any game in general. Usually in games that you can manually add stats, I usually put all the points into Luck. I recently just finished Fire Emblem Awakening and had all of the Luck boosting items go to me haha.

Although I can't prove it because my data for Crystal version is lost, I once had a Shiny Chickorita. I thought that all of the starters shined in Crystal Version. Having a Gold Chickorita in Pokemon Stadium 2 was really awesome. Ah man, that totally sucks, if I ever find a Shiny Hypno I'll let you know hahaha. I'm currently trying to get "The Shiny Charm" legitimately of course. It's the item you get for catching every single Pokemon in Black and White 2 which increases your chance of finding a Shiny Pokemon. (I'm sure you already knew that). Right now I'm around 300ish and still going strong. I can also say that I caught every single legendary in Pokemon Soul Silver in a day, that includes tracking the legendary beasts and Latios and Latias as well.

I'm a fan of a lot of genre's, chiptunes, symphony, piano, violin, techno, acoustic, metal covers of video game songs, and the strangest of all electro swing. I'm a self proclaimed writer, so whenever I need inspiration I listen to music. I go through a lot of headphones because I tend to break them easily. I also have a metal and symphony cover of about any classic video game music you could think of. Not really a fan of music you'd hear on the radio, but more of music people made online or soundtracks to video games.

I have actually read the rules, and I look forward to being a member here! I was being sarcastic about Slyveon being a ground type... the joke seemed funnier in my head perhaps, it was like 2am when I created the thread haha. Anyways I look forward to being a forum member and doing forum stuff!

Last edited:
    Back