• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Showcase] Swift's PokeCustom's

Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2016
    Swift's PokeCustom
    Introduction
    Hello everybody. I want to start off by saying I am sort of new here, I say sort of because I had been lurking on about for awhile and decided to finally post something and show off my works in spriting and progression as I develop in the art! Currently, I am working on my own game alone without any team (sad life) and most of the things I display here will be most likely within them. These sprites will have categories of Scratch drawings (sprited from free hand which are originals) and Pokémon fusions. P.S. I will be animating most if not all of my work (Some works may or may not be based on original idea's by others recreated.). Without further ado.

Scratch

WIP Dragon-ghost:

Spoiler:

WIP Dragon-Ghost2:

Spoiler:

Dractus:

Spoiler:

*May not use Dractus without permission in any way shape or form*

Fusions

Zarin (Mega Charizard, Zekrom, Mewtwo, Dragonite):

Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
  • Are you MTC-Studio or the person who bought/commissioned Phantome from them? If not you might want to remove that sprite/pixelart as they've specifically stated that none of their fakemon may be used for any reason as the rights for them were sold, and it doesn't help that you claim it to be an original. If you are one of those two then welcome to pc!

Other than that I think your sprites look pretty good although you might want to spend a bit more time getting the outline to look smoother, as with Phantome it's neck frill is supposed to be round, and the sprite makes it look more like it has many flat sides. The colors also seem to transition too fast from light to dark when shading. I really wish I knew a bit more about pixel art so I could also tell you how to fix these but sadly I don't and can only tell you what looks off to me.

Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2016
    thank you and im still beginning on spriting, also i know about the original phantome, i should have specified where it came from but i also saw one of his originals were being sold by someone who animated it so i thought since i was not even trying to make profit off of it like this guy who literally sold it for $35 (the creator approved) it wouldnt be harmful, plus i recreated it into a sprite so technically i am not using his original work you can tell by the different tones shading. if people want me to take it down i will but i dont see an issue as it was reengineered.. I was planning to recreate the evo's and animate it but im thinking of making something different based off of phantome

EDIT: What do you think of my WIP? I feel it is a huge improvement to my shading, i will also look into some tutorials if i can find any on the line work thanks for stating it, it didn't feel right to me either but thats how i assumed it was done

Last edited:
    Years
  • thank you and im still beginning on spriting, also i know about the original phantome, i should have specified where it came from but i also saw one of his originals were being sold by someone who animated it so i thought since i was not even trying to make profit off of it like this guy who literally sold it for $35 (the creator approved) it wouldnt be harmful

Pixel overs or inspiration from individual smaller artists are generally ok, but

1) You need to specifically link to the work of art used.
    2) Search to see what their use permissions are.

You've already touched on it, but it's shown that he's sold the right to use this creature to someone else already.

tYbPPFS.png

You must contact the person who currently holds the rights to use that creature and ask them for permission. I would say take it down until the proper permissions can be found.

plus i recreated it into a sprite so technically i am not using his original work

To be clear, your work and the original art are far too close to not consider it a pixel over or your original work. Even if you've recreated into pixel form, it still is based off the original artist's work, and the ip for this creature has been sold to someone else who you will also need permission from.

Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2016
    Pixel overs or inspiration from individual smaller artists are generally ok, but

1) You need to specifically link to the work of art used.
    2) Search to see what their use permissions are.

You've already touched on it, but it's shown that he's sold the right to use this creature to someone else already.

tYbPPFS.png

You must contact the person who currently holds the rights to use that creature and ask them for permission. I would say take it down until the proper permissions can be found.

To be clear, your work and the original art are far too close to not consider it a pixel over or your original work. Even if you've recreated into pixel form, it still is based off the original artist's work, and the ip for this creature has been sold to someone else who you will also need permission from.

Thanks i didn't see that, i will take it down.

Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2016
    dractus_by_swiftelligence-dacnfn1.png

Dractus is done, Ghost/Dragon type :)

*May not use this sprite without permission in any way shape or form*

Back