• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Essentials] Swirling Seasons (Formerly Blazing Bloom and Frigid Fall) is Recruiting!

Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2022
    Swirling Seasons

Swirling Seasons is a large, ambitious fan game being worked on by a lot of talented individuals, but we're looking for some more people to help us on our journey to create the most enjoyable experience possible! SwSe is being crafted on v19.1 of Essentials at the moment, but there are plans to upgrade to v20 as soon as possible. The game is based off of the Youtuber Lockstin & Gnoggin's Kaskade video series, based off of the Cascadian Bioregion, or perhaps less specifically, the Pacific Northwest (As a disclaimer, this game is being made with him involved, and the team is in active contact with him). Formerly known as Blazing Bloom & Frigid Fall, you can learn more about the game than the brief description here on our wiki.

We're looking for:
    Pokemon Battle Spriters: To sprite already designed fakemon and regional forms in a Gen 5 style.
    Pokemon Animators: To animate battle sprites in a Gen 5 style.
    Pokemon Overworld Spriters: To sprite our fakemon in a Gen 4 overworld style, for overworld encounters and following Pokemon.
    Character Overworld Spriters: To sprite already designed (mostly) characters in a Gen 4 style
    Character Battle Spriters: To sprite trainers in battle
    UX Spriter: To sprite weather graphics, custom fogs, and EBDX backgrounds (Not all talents necessary)
    Pokemon Cry Creators: To create custom battle cries for fakemon.

Screenshots:
    Swirling Seasons (Formerly Blazing Bloom and Frigid Fall) is Recruiting!

How To Contact:
    If you're interested in one of the above positions, please do one of the following:

- Fill out this form
    - DM Samdeman123124#4541 on Discord
    - Reply to this post with your Discord ID, examples of work, and position you're interested in.

Features:
    Following Pokemon
    Animated Sprites
    Weather for every type
    100+ Fakemon
    Regional Forms
    Wild Areas
    8 Gym Challenge
    3 Protagonist Options
    Fully Customizable Pronouns separate from Appearance

Plot:
    You've been hired by the local scientist, Professor Fir, as his new research assistant! Right out the gate he assigns you with your first task; deliver a mysterious parcel to one of his friends and fellow Pokémon researchers. This newly acquired mission prompts you to finally leave home and join the Kaskade Gym Challenge along the way. Journey through the beautifully diverse Kaskade region, as you battle and train your way through all 8 gyms, all the while unraveling the mystery behind Amaze-All, a large tech conglomerate with questionable ethics…

Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2022
    When will it be released? Will it be for Gameboy DS 3DS or the Nintendo Switch? And how much will it cost? And where can I buy it?

Years
    • Seen Sep 30, 2022
    While I'm not a dev or anything, I'll do my best to answer your questions.

It's release date is currently TBA, but I did hear something about it likely being out within a couple years.

The game isn't a ROM hack or anything, it's being made in RPGMaker XP using Pokémon Essentials, and with there being no easy way to bring RPGMaker XP games to any Nintendo consoles, (or any consoles as far as I know) it will likely stay as a computer game. Just about the only way it could be brought to consoles is if they remade it from scratch for one of the consoles, (or engines it supports) or if EasyRPG started supporting RPGMaker XP games (as there is a 3ds port for EasyRPG).

Swirling Seasons won't cost anything, as it's entirely non-profit, and if they tried to sell it, they'd certainly get a cease and desist letter from Nintendo within the day.

It'll likely be downloadable from a form much like this one, or perhaps have it's own site for it.

Last edited:

Canal_do_Lontra

Oshawott uses Razor Shell
    Years
  • When will it be released? Will it be for Gameboy DS 3DS or the Nintendo Switch? And how much will it cost? And where can I buy it?

oh man i think that you're new here :T
    you have to know that it is a fan game, and the fan games are for pc, never for any platform, and be sure that it is a public development fan game, and if they sell, they will be hunted by game freak, so it is free to play, and for pc, if it was for ds, gba, or some place, it was going to be a hack rom, that uses an original game to make a new one by editing it.

Back