• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other] Switching battle backgrounds

Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2023
    Hi everyone! I need help with something about battle backgrounds.

I'm editing Pokemon Ruby for the first time and I want to change the battle backgrounds in some places. I don't want to insert custom backgrounds but to switch the background is shown for another background from Gamefreak. For example, I want the Battle Tower to have this background from the Elite Four ( vizzed.com/vizzedboard/retro/user_screenshots/saves7/74397/GBA--Pokemon%20Ruby%20Destiny%20Reign%20of%20Legends_Jul11%2012_08_04.png ) instead the simple original one ( i.ytimg.com/vi/n7idSlLPxMA/hqdefault.jpg ).

I've been weeks looking for a way to do this and I always come to this post. After reading all the three pages over and over and trying to familiarize myself with HEX editors I'm still confused and I don't know what to do. I don't usually look for help in forums but I'm desperate.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
    Back