• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ASM & Hex] Switching Pokemon Causes game Crash on ROM Written to Flashable Cartridge

Days
    • Seen Oct 21, 2023
    So I have absolutely zero experience with any ROM hacking, HEX editing, or anything of the sorts, and everything ive learned thus far has been from YouTube and Wiki. I am trying desperately to flash Pokemon Rocket Edition onto a Cartridge so that I can play it on my GBA SP. The exact steps that I have taken are, first purchasing a GBxCart rewritable, and some fake Mother 3 carts that have 32MiB ROM Size, and 512k Flash Saving. I then Downloaded the IPS for Rocket Edition V1.02, and Lunar IPS to patch the FIle. I then proceeded to open the file in HxD and hex edit the code after the string "D0888D8342", which in reference to the tutorial, should void the second save slot allowing the 1M Flash saving to void the second slot and be compatible with 512K. I then used the Flash GBX software to write the ROM to the Mother 3 cartridge after wiping the data. When booting up the Mother 3 cartridge on my GBA SP, everything works completely fine, it saves perfectly, no issues apart from one. Whenever I switch pokemon, whether it be on my own free will, or after defeating a pokemon and getting the prompt to switch pokemon the game will crash. I even dumped the ROM from the cartidge and compared it to the ROM that I wrote in HxD and they are exactly the same. The ROM runs fine, and switches pokemon just fine on VBA and mGBA emulators. Does anyone have any idea what may be causing this? If possible that could be explained in beginner friendly language lmao. Any help is much appreciated, thank you!!!

Attachments

• Switching Pokemon Causes game Crash on ROM Written to Flashable Cartridge
      asdasdasf.PNG
      46.2 KB · Views: 2
      asdasd.PNG
      25.2 KB · Views: 2
      sadgfsdg.PNG
      20.2 KB · Views: 2
    Back