• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Error] SyntaxError while starting up the game

Years
    • Seen Oct 21, 2020
    So I don't know why but my game keeps showing me this "SyntaxError occurred while running script." error, and it doesn't even tell me where's the problem. I have no idea why, I haven't touched the scripts besides adding a few ones, but that was a few years ago and the game worked fine, it just started happening today, randomly.

· I noticed the error appears when the game finishes loading the maps.
    · Also I can play the game just fine by using Game.exe, but I cannot play the game when I playtest it from RPG Maker XP itself, so it has something to do with debug stuff I guess(?

I can't say much more, I also tried using an old copy of my scripts data from 2019, but the error is still there... I really need some help, please!
    Also I can't upload links in posts yet, so again, the error that shows up is literally "SyntaxError occurred while running script.", that's all I have.

· I also have some of Luka's scripts, like the gen 5 battle sprites and such, but they always worked fine.

Attachments

• SyntaxError while starting up the game
      ddddd.PNG
      3.8 KB · Views: 20
    Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 21, 2020
    Luka just helped me and the problem is now solved, all I had to do was remove the UPI Installed script!

Back