• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

System of A Down 2011 Reunion Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

♠Dawn Rayne♠

Best in the world at what I do
Years
    • Age 33
    • PA
    • Seen May 6, 2012
    According to their official website they have finally confirmed all of our speculation and the hints that have been dropped recently.

Hello All,

We are excited to announce that System will be playing some dates together in 2011.

We also want to thank you for your loyalty and support, not only to System Of A Down, but to all of our solo efforts as well. We have no master plan of sorts - we are playing these shows simply because we want to play together again as a band and for you, our amazing fans. We look forward to seeing all of you!

For a list of tour dates, and on-sale information, go to the NEWS section at systemofadown.com

Peace,

System Of A Down

I sooo hope they make another album I would totally JIZZZZZ. I loved the solo stuff from Serj and Scars on Broadway but nothing beats System.

Years
  • I was flipping out when I found out on Tuesday.
    For now, they are only back for a few tour dates, nothing about a new album or if they are back full time. I just really hope they add some U.S. dates in to the mix, because these European only dates are gonna make me miss out on going back to one of their concerts.

Ayselipera

I feel dumb now. I didn't even know they went their separate ways for a while and I like a good chunk of their songs. D: Well it sounds like they're just touring and not working on new music which is too bad, but perhaps touring together will cause them to change their minds and start working on a new album. Just some wishful thinking~

560cool.

An old timer?
    Years
  • Awesome. I doubt I'll go to the concert, though.
    I wasn't really happy when they went their own separate ways, but it's nice to know they're touring together again.

otaku-dono

Merkabah
    Years
  • This will be interesting, and hopefully they make a new album. I'm not as keen on SoaD as I used to be, but this is still good for them. Although personally I hope they go back to their s/t's sort of sound, as imo it's their best album; I wouldn't be by any means outraged if they don't though.

I think Serj doing his solo work will have implications on this too, but I'm not sure what exactly. Perhaps it'll be more like his solo stuff (which isn't that different from SoaD, but different enough) with more of a focus on softer stuff with orchestral music infused with the traditional SoaD nu-metal sound.

Psydragon

Elder Trainer
    Years
  • System of a Down is by far my favorite band. I have all their cd's, and all 3 of Serj's solo albums. Haven't really bought into the other guys' solo stuff. I would love to finally see them in concert (had the chance way back in junior high, but my mom said no... darn overprotective mothers....)

Years
  • I was very happy when I heard about this a few weeks back.
    I loved and still do love SOAD. I use to listen to them loads when I was younger, so I am very happy about this.

They are going to be playing at the festival 'Download' which I already plan to go to. So can't wait to see them play.​

Hydreigon

R a w r
    Years
  • Freakin' sweet. I thought that since Serj was off doing his own thing that they'd be essentially done. But I'm glad that's not the case. :DD

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back