• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

T.V. Advertisements

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    They are... I don't watch TV much though so it doesn't really concern me.
    I don't know but I think it's possible to request a service where there are no adverts.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 4, 2018
    They are... I don't watch TV much though so it doesn't really concern me.
    I don't know but I think it's possible to request a service where there are no adverts.
    That would be great commercials and advertisements are so annoying

Suki

I'm gonna make it.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2019
    I switch channel 99% of the time when the adverts come on, and then switch back when they're over. I find adverts sooo repetitive, and so boring. There are a few entertaining ones though, like the Apple adverts ;D

Chibi-chan

The Freshmaker!
    Years
    Well, if it wasn't for the advertising, there'd be no sponsors to help pay for the TV channel itself! The channel has to get money from somewhere, and that's through advertisements. Some really really wealthy TV channels, such as the Disney Channel and HBO don't need advertisements outside of their own commercials used to promote their own shows.

THIRTY-SIX

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2015
    I was gonna say the first part of what chibi-chan said.
    It doesn't bother me because I don't use the tv for tv viewing… xD
    Also now I have sky + so I record the tv shows and fast forward the ads.

kohei

Pizzaman.
    Years
    Being a media studies student of the past, I love to dissect advertisements.
    Most of them are boring to watch, however. Anyway I don't watch a lot of TV anymore, so it's not much of a big problem.

However, I feel sad that I've been conditioned to turn my head to the TV regardless of what I'm doing whenever I hear the "jon" sound for Playstation adverts, and the "ex" sound for Xbox ads.

Lusankya

The cake is a pie!
    Years
    Some are stupid and annoying (especially the ones with that one bearded guy who always yells... you know, he does the Kaboom commercials), but there are some really funny ones that I enjoy watching.

popsicles.

F A S C I N A T I O N .
    Years
    • Seen Jun 6, 2009
    Every time a commercial pops up, I just change the channel. :B
    It annoys my Dad though, but it annoys me more to see 'Vanish' every five seconds,
    to look at yet another useless household item or a new cereal that they invented .___.

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    At least the BBC has no adverts haha. I've heard in the US that programmes like Pokemon can have 2 or 3 breaks o.O It only has 1 break here in the UK

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    Nowadays, I'm always doing something else at the same time while I watch TV. So come commercials, I turn back to the other thing (which is usually my laptop) and once the show is back on, I watch again. I do sometimes like watching commercials, though. Some can be pretty funny.

But yeah, they're definitely a necessary "evil" so I don't complain about them at all.

Years
    Nowadays, I'm always doing something else at the same time while I watch TV. So come commercials, I turn back to the other thing (which is usually my laptop) and once the show is back on, I watch again. I do sometimes like watching commercials, though. Some can be pretty funny.
    This but not using a laptop and I dont really watch TV anymore, ads can be funny sometimes but some are really crap that bothers me. This is not really a topic to discuss much about.

Wulf

Am I kawaii know? Uguu~
    Years
    Head On, deply directly to the forhead. Head On, deply directly to the forhead. Head On, deply directly to the forhead. Head On, deply directly to the forhead.

Yeah, when we have commericails like thoses and "male enhancement" ones, something's wrong.

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
    I'd get something to munch on. Or go to the bathroom... because for some reason I always have a full bladder while watching TV. xD;

Usually I just change the channel. There's like, a lot of channels out there, so just flip to a different one. .__.;

And then if it's an interesting commercial, I won't flip the channel at all. And then when that commercial ends, I'll just keep watching the next commercial very, very, very blankly.

But usually I'd flip the channel, because commercials are never interesting unless they are about swimsuit models. *shot*

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
    Years
    There are some really interesting ones which I enjoy watching.
    After a while, some get boring, some don't.

You know... Like the freecreditreport.com ads.
    Or the commercial for "It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia."

Years
    For me, when commercials come on, that's when I go get something to drink. Either that or change the channel. But I have watched a lot of stupid commercials.

Someone mentioned those freecreditreport.com commercials. I'd like to break that guy's guitar over his head.

However, I do like some certain comercials. Volkswagen had some commercials starring this 1964 VW Bettle named Max who interviewed major celebrities. The Bob Knight one was funny.

But, that's just me.

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
    Years
    Home gym commercials are always fun to watch lololol.
    And why would you want to do that, Mario the World Champion? They are witty and catchy.

Back