• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tails's Sprites

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
I'm writing pokedex entries for these, they're going into a custom game I'm making (eventually...someday...I hope lol...). I'm still storyboarding x_X

Yeah, they're very basic right now, I just started doing this spriting stuff.

Pestilence
pestilence.gif

I wanted a gaseous appearance to Pest's mane, like poison fog, but I'll practice more before I attempt that. Maybe I'll just add a gas effect around the feet? I like how creepy it came out! If I ever figure out how, I'd like to make it look more like a zombie, at least some flesh wounds. Made with Rapidash, I extended the horn a little.

War
War.gif

War was supposed to have claws but they didn't fit and looked ugly cut-off by the bottom border. I colored the ankle bands to look like they're glowing a little. Used Entei obviously with Typhlosion and Kabuto pieces.

Gluttony
Gluttony.gif

"After centuries of having to drag it's heavy body around to catch it's food, it evolved a pair of spectral hands to bring its meals straight to it's shredding teeth. No pokemon is safe from its hunger, even trainers are at risk!"

This was a little more work because I had to do some redrawing. Yes, I like how it looks like he has little spikes along the domed part, that was on purpose, lol. Snorlax with Gengar/Haunter/Kidoking? parts. I reshaped the knees to make them spiked, also had to do a ton of re-shading, so if it looks off, it's because I suck at this still, hah.

I love Lorelei and red hair, so I was bummed to see that her hair was messed-up in the new games. Soooo I fixed it!

Lorelei: Before & After
Lorelei.png
LoreleiModded.gif

Mods:
-Used hair from the original Pokemon game
-Re-shaded it to look shiny (like Jessie's). Does it look okay? It's what I'm trying to get good at most right now.
-Fixed a little shading in the knee area
-I think my perverted mind shortened her skirt? xD
-Made her boobs bigger because, uh, she's Lorelei goddamnit! :D

I'm going to make a Team Rocket Biker next I think, maybe some Street Fighter overworld sprites.

Years
  • UK
  • Seen Nov 12, 2016
You need to revamp your new Lorelei's hair. Right now, it has the same shading style as the older games, which doesn't fit the rest of the sprite.

Years
True, but I like it like that :P But I'm not too happy with the shade directly around the white spots...

Lol, how would I revamp it though? There's already more shading than it had before, do I need even more shading?

Conan Edogawa

One Truth Prevails
Years
True, but I like it like that :P But I'm not too happy with the shade directly around the white spots...

Lol, how would I revamp it though? There's already more shading than it had before, do I need even more shading?

To revamp it I would suggest you use the original Lorilie (sorry if it's spelled wrong) hair colors. Change the shading and colors of the hair to match the sprite.

Years
I'll keep messing with the color until I find the right shade, I think I can fit another layer of shading.

Also, does anyone know what's the max amount of colors I can use on the sprites so that I can still put them in the game? Is there a limit on how many colors I can use?

I'm almost done with a Cammy sprite, who has pigtail I can use? :P

Edit: Yesssss! Finished Cammy and I'm very happy with it.

I used one of the female swimmers because she was already in the perfect pose for a Front Kick, super lucky!

Before & After
swimmer.png
Cammy.gif

Added the gloves with rim, same with the boots. Reshaded so they look more like boots than feet. The hair was redone too, deleted most of it and re-built, including the bang. Re-shaded the upper-body too. Modified some pigtails from a Cowgirl to make them narrower to be more accurate. Then added the red triangle on the chest, scar on the cheek, changed eyes to steel blue, and added green stripes on the legs, exposed the hips more, changed her expression, whew! I'm practicing making the beret now.

Note: Not for use, I want this to be exclusive to my game :P

Last edited:
Years
Woo-hoo, finished another!

This is my in-game sprite when you battle me, I don't know if I'll be a Leader or Elite 4 or what, but I've decided Cynthia and I will hate each other for some reason :P

DarkTails v1.0
DarkTails.gif

I may change the boot-tops a little, more angled. Also, maybe add some orange gems to the armor. I love how the hair color turned-out! I reshaded the entire sprite, even the face a little to give her a stern look. And yeah, she's shorter because that's what tails would be like as a girl :P

Here's the sketch I did, I changed a few things, I think I'll make the hair more angular as an alt version. The metal bands on the boobs and hips were hard to show, I did the best I could :[ I used Steelix's color scheme to color them so if you look closely they look like metal.

DSC03705.jpg

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
Years
For Lorelei, I think you just switched her hair with Jessie's and increased her chest size. That's probably it about that.

'War' looks like it has Quivala's part, because the flames are aren't as high and powerful as Typhlosion.

I like Dark-Tails v1.0 most. :)

Years
For Lorelei, I think you just switched her hair with Jessie's and increased her chest size. That's probably it about that.

Here you go :]

DarkTails said:
Mods:
-Used hair from the original Pokemon game
-Re-shaded it to look shiny (like Jessie's). Does it look okay? It's what I'm trying to get good at most right now.
-Fixed a little shading in the knee area
-I think my perverted mind shortened her skirt? xD
-Made her boobs bigger because, uh, she's Lorelei goddamnit!

'War' looks like it has Quivala's part, because the flames are aren't as high and powerful as Typhlosion.

Um, yay? Yaaaaaaay! :P

I like Dark-Tails v1.0 most. :)

Awesome! Thanks for looking!

Years
And now, my current pride and joy, Red Sonja!

redsonjapkm-final.png

Here's a comparison with the first version so you can see what I improved:

Also, a quick tip! Run your sprite through a filter (photoshop) to see what it looks like as a sketch, you can then see if your shading is good or not.
redsonjafiltered.png

Thanks for looking!
http://darktailss.deviantart.com/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back