• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tainted and Pure: The Essence of Mew

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kazukii

Banned
Years
    • Seen Dec 2, 2009
    Chibi. This glossy Starmie just had no idea where she was.. she was in a land that she'd never seen before. The peaceful town of Starette seemed so far behind her and she knew she couldn't turn back now. Her surroundings gave her the impression that this was a dangerous area.. the sharp and jagid pieces of metal sticking out from every wall. As Chibi glided on she could hear slight grunting.. intimidating grunting.
    She stood herself against a wall and peaked one of her sparkly eyes out and she saw a very angry looking pack of Camperupts!
    "Camperupts are snorting loudly" 'We are to let no man or Pokemon through this area, have you got that?'
    All the Camperupts seemed to be obeying every order of the one alpha male who looked to be very strict.

Chibi knew she needed to get through.. she couldn't face turning back. She edged as quietly as she could around the wall making very sudden movements. The downside to the way she looked was her purple coat that would show up like white chalk on a blackboard. "Chibi trips over a rock"

'We have an intruder!!!'

Immediately, Chibi knew it was all or nothing so she positioned herself into battle mode. 'Camperupts, use Rage now!' yelled the alpha male!
    Chibi dodged and thought to herself 'They're fire so my water is super effective on them!'
    Chibi made an almighty Hydro Pump which blew two of the 6 Camperupts off their feet and they slammed into the rocky wall.
    'You four, charge at her NOW!' screamed the alpha male with scare croaking in his voice. Before anything more could happen, Chibi opened up one hell of a Surf and it wiped all the Camperupts including the alpha male off their feat. All the Camperupts lay on the ground shaking just slightly
    'I didn't want it to come to that.. as I'm not a violent Pokemon but you brought it on yourselves'

Chibi trekked on along the path wondering what would come next.

Gardevoyeurism

Stalking Gardevoirs
    Years
  • During the dead of night was when the dead of Boomtown came out to play. Haunter, Shuppet, Mismagius - you name it, phasing through walls and filling the cold night air with the sound of their laughter.
    However, there was one Ghost type Pokemon who spent the twilight hours asleep upon a cushioned bed stuffed with Delibird feathers within a small, pink brick cottage. Dusknoir. A spectral agent of the spirit world, fast asleep with a Clefairy Pokedoll - once the possession of an old teammate - clutched within her gripping hands. Like all Pokemon, she dreamt and like all who dream, she had nightmares.
    The ghostly giant's fingers dug into and tore her beloved doll whilst her ectoplasmic tail whipped about, behaving as its own poltergeist as it knocked about her possessions. Among them was a framed photograph of her trainer, Candice Attridge, whose visage lay torn upon the floor covered in broken glass.
    Tonight, while the other Ghost Pokemon were spooking the neighborhood, this spook was having a dream which would make Darkrai jealous.
    Baby's massive abdominal jaws opened to emit a banshee's shriek, yet her neighbors remained in a deep, pleasant slumber for the screams of a frightened Dusknoir are heard best by those further away, which meant that the Explorer's guild on the other side of town had to give up their hopes of having a good night's sleep.
    The mighty creature rose to an upright position, jaws still agape and arms outstretched, then floated steadily towards one of the many Pokemon with whom she shared her home - a little male Ralts, who was at the time dreaming of one day becoming a handsome Gallade and winning the heart of Smoochum who by then would be Jynx.
    Said Smoochum was still awake, having just rummaged through the pantry for a tasty morsel to bring back into the bedroom. Upon her entrance, instead of consuming her sneaky little midnight snack, her Forewarn ability activated, warning her that the Dusknoir she had come to know as the closest thing to a mother she had was leaning over Ralts looking as if she was about to snatch him from his bed. Possessing a Hasty nature, Smoochum decided that she would play the hero and fired off an Ice Beam directly at Baby's tail. It wasn't much, but it was enough to cause the Dusknoir's single eye to illuminate with the red and yellow glow of full consciousness and for her to immediately drop what she was doing.
    They say one should never awaken a sleepwalker, though in this case it may have been for the greater good. Staring at her hands, then at the sleeping psychic before her, it only took seconds for Baby to realize what had been going on. She turned to face the one who had awakened her, then bowed forward in a nod of sorts before steadily floating back to her bed.
    Smoochum was quite surprised by Baby's reaction. She was expecting her to scold her for staying up all night and al that jazz, though instead it almost seemed as if she had thanked her.
    Sleep-reaping - or 'sreaping', as the local Pokemon called it - was a condition with which Baby was afflicted which involved a Dusknoir following its commads from the spirit world whilst his or her consciousness is trapped within a particularly unpleasant dream.
    Episodes of attempting to take souls while asleep had been occuring quite frequently, though she didn't bother having Dr. Blissey figure out the cause for it as she didn't want to further burden the good doctor who has lately been flooded with patients much in the same way Baby's soup kitchen has been flooded with the homeless and hungry, some of whom she had taken in.
    Nonetheless, that wasn't what she found herself thinking about as she lay awake, but what was going on inside her own mind whilst she unconsciously attempted to reap the soul of Ralts. That dream. There was something about it that seemed somewhat... off.
    Baby tried not to put too much thought into it, dismissing it as simply a particularly vivid dream, though as soon as she lay herself back upon her bed, she heard a voice calling to her. A voice she had recognized from that dream.
    "...A tiny temple, the shrine where Life's voice may be heard."
    Dismissing this as a Gengar messing about in the house, Baby rolled her single eye, then closed it. Which was when she saw before it a blinding flash of white light, a blurred face, then a bleeding wound surrounded by pink fur. Though she possessed a Relaxed nature and usually remained unfazed when faced with such sights, she jumped, her eye opening as wide as the lid would allow. She turned to face Smoochum to check if it was she who had been messing with her mind. Lo and behold, the little Kiss Pokemon was now sleeping like the baby she was, her puffy lips still stained with Pecha Berry juice.
    Baby gave a shrug, then lay back down and closed her eye once more, only to hear that same voice yet again.
    "A tiny temple, the shrine where Life's voice may be heard..."

Deciding that she'd had enough, Baby heaved herself from bed, then phased through the nearest wall to meet the other nocturnal Pokemon on the streets of town. She was determined to find whoever was trying to interrupt her hard-earned sleep, even if as a Ghost type, she didn't really need it.
    "WHOEVER HAPPENS TO BE PULLING PRANKS ON MY MIND, STOP OR I GUARANTEE I WILL ATTACK!" She boomed, uprooting a nearby tree for effect. Along with her sheer size and frightening appearance, Baby's physical strength scared the other residents of Boomtown beyond belief. The other Pokemon stared at her blankly, trembling before the usually gentle giant. Baby rivals the good doctor Blissey in age, kindness and resilience, though when she has reached her limit, her behavior begins to match her appearance.
    One Gastly even considered 'confessing' to the imaginary act just to avoid getting into trouble, though he was too anxious to utter a word. Following a long pause, Baby turned away and floated on back to her cottage... only to crash into the wall and be knocked right off balance as she was at that time she was so full of rage that she'd forgotten to switch planes in order to phase through the wall. After lifting herself back off the ground, she heard not the voice that had been bugging her all night, but a demonic, screeching tone.
    "...A tiny temple, the shrine where Life's voice may be heard... Agent of Death. REDEEM YOURSELF!"
    This was followed by a vision of a barren wasteland which, quite frankly, looked at first glance like any other part of the island. However, within that empty darkness flashed a golden light around a small shrine, in front of which stood a statue of a Pokemon. "...chosen ones."
    She was beginning to suspect that this may not have been a prank, but something more sinister. Possibly a trap of sorts. However, she eventually decided to leave town for the location of the shrine she'd envisioned.
    "...I'm ever so sorry for that outburst. I will be leaving town for a while. Would any of you be so kind as to inform Dr. Blissey of this so she may send for Chansey to run the kitchen and care for the orphans whilst I am away?"
    Without even bothering to wait for a response, Baby floated on out of town, headed for the place she had seen in the dream which almost cost her Ralts' life.
    Her journey went rather smoothly, as the gangs that usually ambushed weaker Pokemon steered clear of her lest she was sent to 'collect' them. That was, until she was stopped by a pair of Tyranitar brothers who saw an easy target in a lone Dusknoir.
    "...What you doin', ghostie?" The older of the two sniggered, leering at her while his brother snuk up behind her. Unaware of the Tyranitars' intentions, Baby turned to face him.
    "I am on a journey to... a place. Do you need something, dearie?"
    Upon hearing her voice and having a good long look at her, Tyranitar urged his brother to cease conjuring up a Stone Edge.
    "Cut it, little bro. This 'ere be a lady spook. Sorry miss. Go 'long yer way." The brothers moved apart, giving way for Baby to leave.
    "...Oh. Alright then... Well, it was nice meeting you two boys."
    Giving a nervous chuckle, she proceeded to drift off towards her destination.

---

((OOC: Really half-butt attempt at an intro, but I had to post something.))

Vyro

Master Douchelord
    Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2014
    "Gwahahahaha! Very soon, The mew detector shall be ready! and no one can stop me..." Darkly Cackled.

"What about him?" replied Fat Salamence as he pointed at some random bidoof.

"Why would he be able to stop me? He's just some random bidoof..." Darkly Yelled.

"Shhh... Stop yelling, we're entering the town of the dead... remember? We need the souls of 500 pokemon to power our mew detector..." Glitchy Whispered

"And I know just where to start... Strong ghost pokemon, such as a dusknoir, have souls equal to 500 other souls. I plan to capture one and use it..."

"But we can't touch a ghost!" Glitchy said

"Uh... Yeah boss..." Fat salamence whispered" It's not like we can call the Ghostbusters."

"Yeah... good point... they aren't even in this RP... oh well... we'll just have to zap it with the Zap-O-Matic pocket edition and K.O. it. Then we can capture it using my Captureinator..." Darkly Replied.

"Let's Go..."

Charzeon

Pedigree Breeder
    Years
  • Abilene hummed happily as she floated through waste land. The Carnivine had always liked the night time. Especially when she lived with humans. People where so interesting at night! Sure, that was usually when the most crime happened, but that's just what made it so interesting! Here, Pokemon too were interesting at night...but it was also a lot more dangerous then where Abilene used to live. The Fly Trap sighed deeply when she thought about it, but then banished it from her mind.

"No point dwelling on the past." Abilene said. "Ya just have to live in the now, girl. Ain't nothing you can do about the past."

Abilene sighed once again and continued floating on when she noticed the forest just a little bit ahead of her. Curiosity and a natural liking of any place with a lost of vegetation, the Carnivine floated into the forest. She started to hum once again as she walked through the trees. Abilene looked about her and her humming suddenly stopped when she felt something strange up ahead. More curiosity over came her and Abilene walked towards what she sensed.

It didn't take the Carnivine long before also reached the temple. Abilene tilted her head at it and slowly floated over to it. "My oh my," she said. "I do wonder what is in this pretty looking temple here."

pumpkinziggy

Hunting for shiny Articuno
    Years
  • ((To clear things up, it's a shrine, not a temple. Unless they're the exact same thing >< A temple it is....))

Quickly, Shei began to dodge among the trees, trying to avoid the Umbreon-scent that covered the land. She was in an Umbreon's territory, and would try to avoid battle if she could. Even though she was normally aggressive, now was not the time to get hurt. Gripping the ground with her claws, the Mightyena began to slip slightly as raindrops fell from the dark clouds. Shaking her head, Shei slowed down, being stealthy, and living up to her name: The Demon's Claw. She had to be quiet but powerful. The temple would be close; however, the dream had said it was small. Something told her it would not be easy to find. Mainly, she would have to scent for hints like odd plants or an ancient scent on the breeze. Even if the dream was for nothing, she would still have gotten away from her pack without them noticing. Even if she did have to leave, she would let them know, with a last goodbye.

Nidoking OriginGiratina

Beware the roleplaying addict!
    Years
  • ((Gah, missed a whole bunch. I gotta remember to get on here more ^^;))

Sunoh spun about the snow-covered ground. He liked the cold feeling it gave to his tough skin and fierce fangs. This, of course, was because he was an Ice-type. He had had a strange dream last night, though... saying something about a temple and a voice? Rather mysterious. Apparently he had to go to this temple and do something there. Maybe he would meet new Pokemon.

Ever since that night he had felt a strange tug to the west, so that was where he was headed. The sender of this prophetic dream possibly wanted him to go in the direction in which he was moving right now, and he obeyed. He was out on his own as a fair adult, so he didn't have to worry about leaving much behind. Except his friends... if Sunoh had gotten a dream like that, it was probably to save his friends.

Vyro

Master Douchelord
    Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2014
    "Dusknoir... Dusknoir... GAH! WHY ISN'T MY DETECTOR WORKING!!!" Darkly yelled."It just led me into this stupid forest..."

"Maybe this is the way to the city of the dead?" Glitchy suggested

Darkly twirled his cape "Maybe... But I sense something.. weird... That temple is strange... and so is that carnivine near it... That's it! I won't explore it! I'll use my new invention to summon a video game character, and I'll use him to K.O. the carnivine and raid the temple!"

Darkly snapped his claws, and a portal appeared.

"I summon... LUIGI!"

Luigi jumped out of the portal "IT'S A ME! LUIGI!!!"

"Whatever..." Darkly said " Just K.O. that plant..."

"OKAY!!!" Luigi replied as he headed towards the temple

BOSS: LUIGI

For Charmeon

wizzip

The one who's plants don't die
    Years
    • Seen Nov 11, 2009
    "MOTHER!!!"

BlakCopyit awoke from his terrible dream.
    "I sense other beings at the temple.I shall go and defeat them all. One.By.One."
    BlakCopyit transformed into Ninjask and dashed to the temple as fast as he could.

"So many... to defeat. You Carnivine. I'm calling you out. Let's go."

Gardevoyeurism

Stalking Gardevoirs
    Years
  • Baby at last arrived at her destination. The shrine, the statue of Mew... It was all so much more beautiful when she actually saw it before her. If she didn't know better, she would have floated over and touched it. Her red eye scanned the area, then found itself focused upon a Carnivine, in front of whom hovered a Ninjask.

Baby had to admit she was somewhat puzzled as to what these Pokemon would be doing at that time of night, but she didn't bother to confront them about it as she herself happened to be active during the day whilst many ghosts only come out at night. Concerned that the Carnivine and Ninjask may have lost ther way, Baby drifted over to greet them.

"Why hello there, little ones. Are you lost?" While most Pokemon probably wouldn't refer to a Carnivine and Ninjask as 'little ones', they did fit the description when compared to a seven-foot-tall ghostly cyclops.

The way in which baby was idly flexing her fingers as she said this made her look as if she was about to take some poor Pokemon's soul. Well, actually anything a Dusknoir did made them look like they were about to drag someone into the underworld, but more so in the middle of the night.

((OOC: Sorry about the really short post. I can carve enough bricks to build a house out of this writer's block. >.>))

Last edited:

killet513

Death the Kid
    Years
  • As Rehoma woke up froma dream he reaized talkiing from a distance. He ran through the forest he called home to run up on what seemed toi be a shrine. He saaw these figures talking back and forth. Rehoma ran to the spot where these figure were to see that there was a black ditto, a flygon, a carnivine, a ninjask,and a dusknoir. He ran to fight with what seemed like the enemy beside the carnivine. They looked at the ditto and Rehoma looked up at the carnivine.

"Hey, are you here for the gift from mew." he whispered hoping that the enemy wouoldn't hear. He looked over to the ditto to see him transform into Rehoma.

"Listen we can compomise ok." Rehoma told him softly. With no reaction the other houndoom hit him with an attack. He looked oveer to the other houndoom and charged. They ran towards each other hitting at highest point rolling as they bite and scratch each other.

Charzeon

Pedigree Breeder
    Years
  • "Oh, hey y'all!" Abilene said cheerfully to both the Sneasel and Dusknoir, smiling widely at both of them. "My name's Abilene! It's so very nice to meet ch'ya! And no, I'm not lost. I've never been lost my whole life! I came here because..." the Carnivine stopped to think about what she wanted to say. She didn't want to reviel to these Pokemon that she could sense things. "...Because I just felt like it." Techniqucally, it wasn't a lie.

Abilene then laughed a bit nervously and rubbed the back of her head with one of her leaf arms. She was about to say something else when a strange looking human male suddenly appeared from the bushes. Before she even had enough time to dwell too much on his looks, the man ran at her and shot a green fire ball at her. With a yell, the Carnivine dodged the fire ball.

"Now what in tarnation is going on here?" Abilene yelled, but the man didn't answer and just shot another fire ball at her once agian. "Oh my gosh! Why are you attacking me!? What did little ol' me do to you!?"

Again the man didn't answer and just charged at Abilene, swinging his flat hand at her in a Krate Chop manner. This time it did actually hit the Carnivine, knocking her back aways. Abilene groaned and, after shaking her head, glared at the man clad in green.

"Oh, you've gotten me mad now! And you don't like me when I'm mad!" Abilene shouted and launched one of her glowing tentacles at the man in a Power Whip attack.

PokeMangaObsessed

Panic's new album coming soon~
    Years
    • Seen Aug 23, 2009
    Anevay silently prowled through, tails swishing slowly. Really, it wasn't a controllable movement; she couldn't stop them from possibly giving away her position even if she wanted them to.

This in mind, she continued hunting. After leaving her, say, companions, she had barely been able to find any prey. All the ones she had found, she scared away by accident.

Oh well, she'd just have to find more.

Her eye quickly caught a small purple figure, nibbling on a seed or berry. Not much, but it'd have to do. Anevay crouched down and gradually advanced, careful not to let it know of her presence. It was far away, and she prayed it wouldn't finish eating by the time she got to it.

Yes, she was nearing it now. Closer, closer. Just a little more, she thought. No, this is enough. Anevay'd jump right over it if she got any closer.

The ninetales prepared to spring, gathering energy in her legs. Violently, probably too violently, she pounced at it. In a flurry of panic, the tiny mouse scampered through her legs before she could sink her claws into it.

Unwilling to give up so easily, she pounded after it, all sense of subtlety gone. But the rattata was small and swift. It quickly skittered out of view, into a bush or something.

Anevay cursed under her breath. Upset over losing so much energy for a lost cause, she started to huff back to her cave. Her eyes caught something besides prey this time -- a shrine, by the looks of it. And other Pokemon, apparently conversing. Or fighting. She couldn't tell from this far.

This little meeting piqued the fox's curiosity. Anevay hid behind some bushes and approached them, not wanting to give herself away yet.

Practically right beside them now, she watched them. Talking or battling, she didn't care. Anevay listened, hoping to be unseen and unheard for as long as possible.

Which she knew would be impossible. Even her over-confidence didn't hinder her from knowing something so obvious. An giant canine behind a mini-bush was hardly a challenge to find.

Vyro

Master Douchelord
    Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2014
    "YES!! A DUSKNOIR!" Darkly yelled, "Glitchy, luigi, divert all focus to the dusknoir."

"Yes sir." Glitchy said "But dusknoir is a ghost. And I only know Tri attack..."

"Okay... Luigi, keep attacking carnivine. Glitchy, wear this vacuum pack." Darkly commanded

"But sir... It's a ghost..."

"Fine. I'll do it." Darkly replied. " After all.. I ain't afraid of no ghost.."

BOSS: DARKLY

For Baby.

pumpkinziggy

Hunting for shiny Articuno
    Years
  • ((Reminder: There are no humans here.))

"Stop."

Suddenly, the Demon's Claw emerged from the shadows, glaring into everyone's eyes, one by one. She expected to silence them. "The voice of Life must be heard," she growled, suddenly getting an unexplainable faith in her dream. A strange aura and faint whispers began to emanate from the stone temple. "Sit down," the Mightyena said, following her own orders. Shei's ears pricked as a vague voice was made from those whispers.

((I need to go now so I sincerely apologize for the short post. :( ))

Vyro

Master Douchelord
    Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2014
    (( I know there are no humans. Darkly brought luigi out of a video game.))

wizzip

Years
    • Seen Nov 11, 2009
    (OOC: Darkly seriously, brought Luigi out of a video game?)

Anevay hurry they are getting violent. BlakCopyit thought to himself.

" So Carnivine, ONLY Carnivine, you're goin down." He then attacked the Carnivine, known as Abilene, with an Aerial Ace that was twice as strong. Once again he thought,

Anevay hurry up and get here. NOW. I'm gonna need backup. The Carnivine's name is Abilene. Reading them like a book is just so easy.

"It's time", he said darkly. Then he glowed with a blackish-blue aura and unleashed the strongest Shadow ball on record at the Carnivine Abilene.

Gardevoyeurism

Stalking Gardevoirs
    Years
  • ((OOC: I don't know how to respond to that either, hence yet another extremely short post.))

Baby was completely gobsmacked as she watched the carnage unfold right before her eye. She certainly was not expecting to end up in a fight, though that was what usually happened to Pokemon who wandered around on their own at this time of night. The way she saw it, this innocent Carnivine was just randomly being attacked left right and center for no reason whatsoever.

Baby only ever approved of battling if it was consensual and done under conditions where no-one would be seriously hurt. What was being done to poor Abilene did not fit any of this criteria and so Baby decided that she'd confront Ninjask on the matter.

"Excuse me, young man, but I will not tolerate any of this!" She scolded. With that, she shot the transformed Ditto a Mean Look.

She leant forward slightly and backed away, clenching her right hand into a fist which began to emanate an eerie blue glow. The air around her began to turn cold as icicles formed upon the aforementioned fist. With a frown across her oddly-placed mouth, she launched herself forward with a mighty Ice Punch headed straight for what she believed at the time to be a Ninjask.

Whilst she was distracted by said opponent, she didn't notice for a second the sinister Flygon and his motley crew of friends plotting her demise for their own personal gain. She didn't tend to see other Pokemon - or any other life form for that matter - as being further from the alignment of good than neutral unless it has been explicity proven otherwise to her. Proof for her is to see one Pokemon randomly attack another without their permission, which she'd only seen Ditto do that night.

PokeMangaObsessed

Panic's new album coming soon~
    Years
    • Seen Aug 23, 2009
    The corners of Anevay's lips lifted, just slightly, into a small grin. She positioned herself in a fighting stance, when she realized it would not be a good idea to try fighting while hungry. As much as she longed for action that did not involve chasing prey, she decided that she shouldn't encourage fighting. Not yet.

Not yet, she told herself.

Anevay left the bush that did little good of concealing her presence and, as casually as possible, strolled up to the attacking creatures, not wanting to appear a coward and run.

Anevay faced toward the Dusknoir. A growl lodged in her throat. The fox opened her mouth as wide as possible and rumbled a deep Roar move in the direction of the phantom-like Pokemon, in hopes of blowing her away, just far enough to not allow her to land her attacks.

"Dear fellow Pokemon, we should not shed blood tonight," she cooed, then quickly regretted it. Some moron was bound to ask, 'Why?' And what would she say to that? Negotiating was not her strong point. She cursed inwardly and hoped for the best.

Vyro

Master Douchelord
    Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2014
    Darkly held the vacuum in his claws "DUSKNIOR! you're going down!"

Darkly flipped the switch to the "on" position and pointed the vacuum at the dusknoir, but it didn't exactly work...

"Glitchy! Why isn't this thing working!?!" Darkly yelled

"Er.. it's not plugged in..." Glitchy said

"WHAT!?! YOU MADE A VACUUM PACK THAT NEEDS TO BE PLUGGED IN? what about... hmm... let's see... BATTERIES!?!??!" Darkly screamed

"Uh.. sorry?"

"Grr..." Darkly growled "I'll just do this the old fashioned way... SHADOW CLAW!"

wizzip

Years
    • Seen Nov 11, 2009
    Blak jumped at the Flygon's claw and said with a grunt," Not now. As my comrad Anevay said, let's not shed blood tonight. Let's do it tomorrow. Same place when the sun is beginning to set. Carnivine, Dusknoir, and Flygon, you all shall lose against me, Anevay, and, hopefully, Jain."

With that Blak re-formed into his Ninjask form and waited for Anevay and the two where off.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back