• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tainted and Pure: The Essence of Mew

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eeveemaster9

Years of Lies
    Years
    Parupi looked at the Mightyena and blinked. Looks like this group had a leader; the one she had bumped into. Parupi walked over to the Mightyena, glad that she was in charge and not the Ninetales. Parupi, with her head facing the ground, looked around at the others. "Where are we going?" She asked, clawing lightly at the rocky earth with her small claws.​

Giratina ♀

what's your sign?
    Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2013
    I am SO SORRY for not posting earlier! DDDD: I had no idea this RP had started. [brick'd]

"Hnrrr."

Jain the Lucario was sleeping, again.

She was sleeping, more specifically, in the shadow of some ancient tree that she knew nothing about. For all Jain could be bothered to tell, it was infested with deadly, blood-sucking Clefables. This didn't seem to be the case, though, because the morning had coime and the Lucario's consciousness with it. After she had become fully accustomed to the strange position she had woken up in (Jain was pretty sure she hadn't fallen asleep with her head on the ground and her legs up the trunk), Jain flopped to the side and groggily got to her feet.

"That was... really wierd..."

Jain was in The Forest. Did it have a name? Probably. But for once, Jain wasn't being too lazy to attempt to remember it - she really didn't know, nor did she care. She was on her way to the Shrine of the Ancients for... well... something. She couldn't be bothered to remember that either. B-but she was going! Eventually!

The Lucario grimaced as she repeated to herself what she had been saying for days now. But she really had to get going, though; after all, what else did the spike-less Lucario have to do?

[insert a long trek through the woods, exact time equivalent to the time that has passed since the RP began]

Well, Jain had made it to what she was pretty sure was the Temple. By this point, the only thing on the Lucario's mind was a good place to curl up and sleep for a while; she had been walking quite a long way, and really wasn't in the mood to walk farther to find a place to crash. Unfortunately, she had not counted on the possibility that the shrine might not be deserted - and, of course, that was exactly the case. There were Pokemon. In front of it.

Shaking her head, the Lucario slowly slunk forward and peered on from behind a tree. She wasn't one to get involved in other people's business - mostly because it involved a lot more work than was strictly necessary.

What's the point? she asked herself. Go in if you're here to go i-

It was then her brain finally kicked in and she began to recognize them.

Vyro

Master Douchelord
    Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2014
    ((Okay, guys. I am on vacation right now. so feel free to use all my characters as npc's until I get back.))

pumpkinziggy

Hunting for shiny Articuno
    Years
    "I don't know," Shei sighed. "Wherever Mew tells us. But for now, down the mountain." She indicated with her large ears towards the barren field ahead, and began to search for a way to descend the rocky crag. There were various footholds on the cliff nearby, but a four-legged Pokemon like Mightyena couldn't use them. She could hear water running in the distance -- probably a waterfall -- and that usually meant a path down. Her nose pointed excitedly towards the source, which was due east. Shei crept in that direction a few steps, trying not to lose her footing and fall over the side of the mountain, onto the rocks and pebbles below. She could see the beginning of a tree line a few hundred yards away, and that would indicate an easier path. "We should go this way," she suggested, looking back at the others and tilting her head, asking for any other opinions.

Gardevoyeurism

Stalking Gardevoirs
    Years
    ((OOC: I recently got my Senior First Aid certificate. *tries to resuscitate the thread* ))

Baby chuckled as an oddly-colored Eevee huddled up to her, then later gave a low moan resembling an 'aww' whilst she stared down at the little Pokemon who in turn looked up at her with a somewhat quizzical expression to which Baby responded by pulling her jagged lips into a sinister-looking grin, then whispering through them a phrase which didn't quite match her body language.

"Aww, sweetie. How did I not notice you?"
    Reaching down with an enormous ghostly hand, Baby attempted to pet the Eevee, but stopped and withdrew her hand before twisting her features into a grimace.

"You look just like a little Kadabra." Baby mumbled, slowly backing away before coming to a halt.

Eevee's appearance had struck a chord in Baby's (lack of a) heart. The trainer from whom she ran also owned an Alakazam. Her name was Clare and she was an odd specimen of a Pokemon if Baby ever saw one. She had probably died of old age by now, but Baby couldn't help but think of her.

Baby drew a long, deep sigh and absently glanced behind her to find that somehow she'd become the center of attention. These Pokemon, especially the Sneasel, looked as if they'd never seen a Dusknoir before. Baby felt somewhat awkward being stared at in this way, since a third-stage Ghost-type wasn't an unusual sight in the battle stadiums she and her trainer used to frequent. However, she merely shrugged this off as natural curiosity - these were wild Pokemon, not the domesticated battlers who get a Metagross and a Dragonite shoved in their face every second day.
    Mightyena stepped up to claim command of the group.

"It's time for us to leave. Is everyone ready?" The canid Pokemon awaited a response, then got two - one from the Sneasel, another from the Eevee.

"Okay... well yeah we should leave, Cant let the others get ahead of us."

"Where are we going?"

Baby had to admit, Eevee had a point. Just where were they supposed to be going?
    She hoped it wasn't too dangerous - she wouldn't want to end up having to collect the souls of these Pokemon so soon after meeting them. What Mightyena said in response to Eevee's inquiry didn't help all that much, but what she did gave her an idea of what could be done.

"I don't know, wherever Mew tells us. But for now, down the mountain." With that, Mightyena traversed the field, apparently searching for something. After a minute or so of doing that, she stopped, then later carefully crawled a few steps down the nearest cliff face.

"We should go this way," Mightyena suggested, turning to face the other pokemon behind her.
    Baby's only eye scanned the unstable terrain, then fixated unto the Mightyena who had assumed the role of pack leader. She wrung her hands with a pensive look upon her split face.

"I suppose... If anyone has any trouble traversing this field, I can carry a fair bit if I do say so myself." She offered, bowing forward with arms outstretched. Baby really needed to work on her body language, though at least she wasn't completely unaware of the effect it may have on other Pokemon;

"I am aware that I may not look like the most trustworthy of Pokemon, but I do indeed have only your best interests in mind."

As much as she tried to humor herself that it wasn't true, typism was still quite rampant around these parts. In fact, many towns denied entry to ghost, bug and poison-types by means of old stereotypes passed down generation after generation of mostly normal-type Pokemon.

Eeveemaster9

Years of Lies
    Years
    (OCC: Yeah, lets keep this RP on the first page!)

Parupi twitched at the Dusknoir's comment and looked up at all the other Pokemon, hurting her neck. "I'm the smallest living thing here, that's why…" She said with a groan, taking a glance at the Ninetales. Parupi shuddered. She scares me…That Ninetales looks at me like I'm something in her diet…I'll have to stay close to this Dusknoir for now…Don't want to be dinner, do I?

Parupi closed her eyes as the Dusknoir's hand came down to pet her head. She opened her eyes slowly after a moment and looked up to find that the Dusknoir's hand had retreated. A sweat-drop formed on the side of Parupi's head. "A…Kadabra…? Seriously?" Parupi said to herself quietly, trying to think of things her and a Kadabra had in common. Err…Well, I obviously don't have height or weight of one…The color scheme of our fur is sort of the same... I guess…Other than that…The other two things are psychic powers and that we both have a single star on our foreheads…

Parupi snapped back to reality as she heard the Mightyena making her trip down the cliff side cautiously. Parupi began to follow suit but stopped suddenly, looking behind her back. Ninetales, please don't be the one following me…She prayed, becoming worried of a sudden attack from behind. Taking a deep breathe, Parupi went back to following the Dark type ahead of her; carefully descending down with ease.

pumpkinziggy

Years
    Shei nodded. No one appeared to object to her decision. The Mightyena carefully padded down a dirt trail that had eroded, and led horizontally along the mountain. It sloped down in places, but was nothing big, and could still easily be walked on if one were cautious. Her long mane blew slightly in the wind that managed to come around all of the trees. The breeze had brought a cold, foreshadowing aura that made Shei shiver, but she tried to ignore it as she found a path, and jumped down a small ledge only a foot high or so, continuing on the path that now went straight down. Her claws dug into what little packed dirt she could find to help her grip, although it didn't do much, since a lot of the soil was loose. Still, she would be down here in case anyone fell; she could easily grab them gently with her fangs to keep anyone from rolling down the hill. Besides, she was used to this; her pack lived on the mountains. Her ears flicked up as she remembered; her pack. She had to tell them. But with this group, she couldn't easily go back. She just hoped she would meet a territory patrol or something.

wizzip

The one who's plants don't die
    Years
    • Seen Nov 11, 2009
    (OOC: Sorry I haven't posted in like forever, but, ALOT has been going on in my life .)

An Eevee, wonder how it tasts? naaa. Blak thought to himself. "So nothing to do till the PURE show up. Hmm. I'll be right back", he said. In an equal amount of time to a human minute he was back with a Magikarp. He was the mighty Arcanine, so fire was made to roast the fish.

Eeveemaster9

Years of Lies
    Years
    (OCC: Tries to revive thread)​

Parupi slowly decended down the slope and stayed closely behind the Mightyena, turning her head every few moments to check the position of all the other Pokemon. She couldn't see them. Heh, figures, They're still way up there, aren't they? Parupi grinned and turned back to the Mightyena in front of her path of eyesight.​

"Hey, I'm not sure if you announced you're name yet." Parupi sneered, tilting her head. "I'd really like it if I at least knew the name of the Pokemon I'm following. You'd problably want the names of the you're followers too, right?" Parupi smiled happily. "I'm Parupi."​

pumpkinziggy

Years
    "And my name is Shei," the Mightyena replied, looking forward. Her long fur billowed slightly in whatever wind managed to twist through the trees. She stopped suddenly as an odd scent reached her nose, and then began to continue again, this time taking a path a little bit to the left. "Ursaring, just passed here a few minutes ago," she noted, speaking just loud enough so that the others could hear. The bottom of the mountain was definitely in sight, but that was only because the trees thinned. The ground became slightly more rocky, and the canine put her nose to the ground for a moment, scenting for anything else that had been there. The scent's fading. If we keep moving, then we'll be OK.

Eeveemaster9

Years of Lies
    Years
    "Shei? Ursaring?" Parupi sighed. "Just great...I guess that Dusknoir could be our defense...Shield us from any normal attacks...No! I shouldn't think this way!" Parupi shook her head wildly. A thought suddenly came to mind, and Parupi looked behind her back one more time before asking Shei a question. "Hey? You know that Ninetales back there? What...What 'side' is she on? What about that Dusknoir and Sneasel? Also..." Parupi's voice trailed off, wondering if she should finish. "W-what side are you on?" Parupi swallowed and pleaded to Arceus. "Oh god...Please...Please! Be on the same side as me...The pure!" Parupi glanced at the Pokemon behind her, regret filled her stomach as Ninetales wasn't far behind. She held her breath as she looked around the Mightyena. They were inching closer to the earth; running space.​

(OCC: Where'd everyone go? Wasn't there five other people or something?)​

wizzip

The one who's plants don't die
    Years
    • Seen Nov 11, 2009
    (Ooc: Sorry alot has been going on. I'm back.)

When Blak had arrived at the Pure's meeting he said: " Really? Shei, Die!!!!!"

He was a mighty Tyranitar and went beserk.

Gardevoyeurism

Stalking Gardevoirs
    Years
    As the group climbed down towards the path, Baby couldn't help but be concerned for the safety of her fellow Pure. She and Abilene were able to levitate, meaning they didn't have to worry about slipping and falling, but on the other hand neither Carnivine nor Dusknoir is praised for its speed.

Dark thoughts ran through the specter's mind as she found that she and most of the group were far behind Mightyena and Eevee, who had disappeared from sight. She closed her eye, awaiting the dreaded buzzing of the antenna atop her head, but it never came. Relieved, she continued drifting on down to meet those who had gone on ahead.
    She knew she was close when she heard Eevee and Mightyena exchange names. 'Parupi' and 'Shei', they called themselves. From this, Baby realized that she too had forgotten to introduce herself. Not that she thought it to be an appropriate time to do so, of course - either that or she couldn't be bothered at the moment.
    She didn't flinch, nor bat her only eyelid when Shei mentioned that she had detected the scent of an Ursaring. The thought did cross her mind that they may be attacked if they took a wrong turn, but she thought it unlikely for she believed in safety in numbers.
    However, that didn't seem to comfort Parupi quite as much as it did Baby.

"Hey? You know that Ninetales back there? What...What 'side' is she on? What about that Dusknoir and Sneasel? Also... W-what side are you on?"

Eevee was obviously feeling quite anxious and Baby picked up on that. The apparent fear in Parupi's tone of voice tempted Baby to comfort her, though in the end she reluctantly chose not to respond, for she hadn't the slightest clue as to what the whole 'sides' business was. All she knew was that she was travelling with a group of seemingly friendly strangers down a rocky cliff. One of the other strangers she had encountered earlier wasn't so friendly.
    It was just their luck that he was now right in front of them.

It was that Ditto again. That horrible shapeshifting glob of goo.

"Really? Shei, Die!!" He yelled, his body expanding and molding itself into the form of a magnificent Tyranitar.

Giving a loud roar, the mighty beast went beserk, the erratic way in which his enormous rock-hard body behaved threatened to destroy the surrounding area - not to mention the Pokemon.
    Being rather experienced in battle, Baby knew that she wouldn't stand a snowball's chance in the desert against a Dark type, but Tyranitar was also a Rock type, meaning that a good Earthquake would put a fair dent in him. However, doing so would also hurt the others and would do some considerable damage to the terrain. Nevertheless, she overtook the team leader, throwing herself into the line of fire.

"...I apologize, Ditto, but I cannot let you get away with this sort of uncouth behavior!"

Bowing forward in a semi-defensive stance, her eye focused upon the transformed Ditto, then briefly glowed an eerie blue. An azure aura engulfed her form, then began to diffuse, creeping towards Ditto's general direction. Disable was a move she had known since she was a Duskull. Many a time had that move wrenched her out of trouble, but said move being executed with such abysmal speed as hers meant that nine times in ten, she would take damage before it took effect.

((Gee, sorry for the lameity lame post... That and the long absence. >.<))

pumpkinziggy

Years
    As the Tyranitar let out a malicious cry, Shei growled back, trying to dodge all the blows that the Tyranitar landed. We can't let them know where we're going! she snarled to herself in her mind, backing off as the Dusknoir used some of its powers to Disable the Tyranitar. Shei still snarled at the Tyranitar to see if she could intimidate it, but she doubted that would happen. The Mightyena's eyes narrowed as the fur on her neck began to lie flat again, but she was still prepared to dodge any attack the slow-moving Pokémon threw at her. As much as she wanted to fight back, she had to use what judgment she had. That thing's defenses were massive; she would hardly be able to deal significant damage to it, if at all. Her ears flicked from the Dusknoir to Tyranitar warily, as she took a few steps up the mountain to circle downwind of the Rock-type, which was blinded by rage at the moment.

Eeveemaster9

Years of Lies
    Years
    Parupi growled at the large rock type, showing no fear. She opened her mouth slightly and a ball of shadows began to form in front. The ball was almost the size of her head when she fired it at the Ditto, going straight for the stomach. Once she fired, she launched herself forward and covered herself in shadows. It was her Shadow Jet attack. She began to spin to keep herself controlled, timing it just right so the Shadow Ball hit, then the Shadow Jet. "Leave us alone, Tainted." Parupi muttered, looking into his small eyes.​

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back