• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tainted Halloween Candy (what the FDA doesn't want you to know)

Samurai X

La Dolce Vita
    Years
    Hmm, I ate like twelve of those candies and I have a bunch of them still unopened and there's nothing wrong with me yet. I'll let you guys know if something happens, older people are affected to a lesser degree I'm guessing. I ate 12 of them yesterday, the skull ones. My sister and brother ate them too, though not as much as me. I have about 10 of them left, they were supposed to be for the trick or treaters but I couldn't help myself and since I bought them myself I just ate them. Seriously though, how come I hadn't heard of this? I heard about the Chinese milk problem but didn't think there would be anything wrong with candies or anything else. I doubt it's going to affect me, I think I should have felt something by now since it's been almost two days.

Okay, so I researched a little bit and it seems the FDA has at least tested some products because they have recalled three types of candy. They didn't recall any other candy and none of the three types of candy, well two types of candy and one type of cookie. The candy I ate and the other type Mike was showing in his video seem to be safe since they weren't recalled, at least I'm hoping they're safe.

Last edited:

Melody

Banned
    Years
    Hmm, I ate like twelve of those candies and I have a bunch of them still unopened and there's nothing wrong with me yet. I'll let you guys know if something happens, older people are affected to a lesser degree I'm guessing. I ate 12 of them yesterday, the skull ones. My sister and brother ate them too, though not as much as me. I have about 10 of them left, they were supposed to be for the trick or treaters but I couldn't help myself and since I bought them myself I just ate them. Seriously though, how come I hadn't heard of this? I heard about the Chinese milk problem but didn't think there would be anything wrong with candies or anything else. I doubt it's going to affect me, I think I should have felt something by now since it's been almost two days.

Okay, so I researched a little bit and it seems the FDA has at least tested some products because they have recalled three types of candy. They didn't recall any other candy and none of the three types of candy, well two types of candy and one type of cookie. The candy I ate and the other type Mike was showing in his video seem to be safe since they weren't recalled, at least I'm hoping they're safe.

Well, these toxins aren't as likely to affect adults as drastically as they would a child. Chances are that you wont see any real ill effects from them even if they were tainted.

I can understand his (the man in the video) concern but I think that he's overreacting a bit as there's just not much we can do at this point except wait and see if people get sick off of it or not. Since these toxins can linger it's possible that it may not even affect people until it's too late to link it to this year's run of Halloween candy.

Toblerone

Which chocolate is the best?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 18, 2010
    Even so, it is outrageous! I shudder to think how many people ate that stuff.. i hope it doesn't badly affect anyone. It's still very bad that people have a chance catch it though.. loads of people didn't go trick - or treating because there was that risk! Which i find kinda strange due to the fact that they know which ones could be tainted and which ones aren't possibly tainted.

Melody

Banned
    Years
    Ah well, better off sometimes to just stay at home with a bag of candy you bought at the store (The safe candy, not the stuff that's suspected of having melamine in it.) and enjoy that. My dad used to do that when there was any doubts about the safety of Halloween candy during my childhood.

Katnip

Harajuku Lover
    Years
    Good lord. First pets die from tainted pet food, people are sickened by salmonella-infected peppers, and now America's trick-or-treaters are at risk of poisoned candy?
    What is this world coming to?

Years
    • Seen Jun 23, 2017
    Hmm... thats no good... I would hate for that to happen to me but it's happening everywhere in the world now, resorting to the Chinese (no offense, you have good people there too) because they would do anything to save a little bit of cash. The list goes on and on with the dangerous chemicals too, Bindies (Bindos i think they are called now with their so called safe formula) and many young children toys too... *Sigh* when will people learn.

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years
    O_O

Why didn't I check this thread earlier. Thanks for the info, now I've got to give a quick call to my sister to make sure you didn't feed my niece or nephew any tainted candies.

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    Melawhat?

Just eat it anyway, you'll probably be fine. If not, at least you miss school for a week or two.

Years
    My goodness, thats simply terrible. Thank god I decided not to eat any candies yesterday. I even saw those Domo candies at the Superstore here. Perhaps it was just luck that my parents refused to get it for me. I'll decide to keep a close eye on the ingredients list on the chocolates I buy in the future. Thanks for the warning, SBaby.
    And I find it's even more cruel that this isn't in the news. People HAVE to know. There could be cases of children getting sick because of the lack of knowledge about this.

Back