• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

"Tanks for the Memories" Episode Discussion

Daisuke33

The Ultimate Unreal Hero
    Years
    Not a bad episode for a filler, and it was so sweet ^^ and creamy.

- Miltank!!
    - If Turtwig fails at Energy Ball, its little small Energy Ball can be used a lightblub! o_0
    -Her Miltank reminded me of the time when Ash was brushing this Miltank back in Johto and he grabs its tail and knocked him lol.
    - lol
    - I think I noticed one RBY BGM in the beginning but maybe not, but always some Battle Frontier BGMS are present.
    - OMG! Typcial Brock hitting on the girls how many times now?! 6 times?!! I miss Misty! or Max lol (Then again they would have time pulling Brock away for long)
    - That girl seemed despite for Brock to hit on her lol
    - Poor Dawn :( She's still upset about that last contest, reminds me of when May was doubting herself after she lost the Kanto Grand Festival.
    - Dawn just needs a kick in the behind to get going again
    - That Ice Cream looks good ^_^
    - Brock makes a awesome teacher! Maybe he should change professions lol
    -- "Stop it right now Brock!" XD
    - Happiny learned Secret Power!! You go Happiny!!
    - Happiny so cute! ^^
    - Team Rocket sucks at making coffee wheres the cream and sugar?! It's just hot water!

Episode Rating: 8/10

Yoshiko75

Shadow of the Night
    Years
    That really creeped me out when Ash put on the french maid outfit. I really did not need to see that. It just looked wrong! lolz

orangejediman

Snivy's the badass of Gen V!
    Years
    GRADE
    92%

Yoshiko75:
    Agreeing... also, when he said welcome home... *sweat drop*

How did happiny learn SECRET POWER without a tm?

that episode made me hungry...

Did croagunk even go back in his ball???

Brock is someties an ignorant dolt! didn't he see autumn liked him?

Why is there no Winter? i mean, as a sister from the cafe?

Years
    • Seen Jan 31, 2015
    guess this episode proves that pikachu is a male since he was embarrased to be in the maid's outfit....

Sushi.

AWESOME
    Years
    Ok for this review episode, I thought this was pretty good as the same as when it was japanese :D

- Happiny learns Secret Power? Sweet!
    - I still laugh again when Ash was in a maid's outfit XD
    - Miltank's voice is cute
    - Lol, Seviper got owned by a Happiny XD
    - I think Dawn should stop worried about from that last contest and relax for a while.
    - Man, it seems like Team Rocket has no skills at making any kind of food or drinks XD

So I would say for this episode a 9/10 Because it still had good funny moments in it as when it was japenese.

Years
    I did not really like the episode it was alright I give it a 7 out of 10 i would of given it 8 if ash was not in the maids out fit lets never speak of it again

Miss Reyna

Happiness~
    Years
    Well this episodes was long awaited and I have to say that really what I was happy to see was Happiny getting some screentime. Teeheehee I mean this is Brock's pokemon and like all of Brock's pokemon, it never gets little screen time.

Surely this was a Brock focus episode which was kinda long due. Teeheehee It was really nice to see Happiny again and that is one super strong pokemon. Teeheehee Then Secert Power was nice to see in the show since this was the first time it has been shown.

Then Brock has a girl falling for him but something happens. He isn't attatcted to her. Teeheehee

No Winter. I was thinking that too. I wonder what they were originally named.

Three Crokgunk's stabs. Teeheehee

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    Cool episode.

- LOL Croagunk doesn't like the milk
    - LOL Ash in a miad outfit
    - Marina is on that guy's shirt
    - o.O Jessie's face. Thick lines.
    - LOL Wobbuffet's girl voice
    - Team Rocket's maid cafe XD
    - Wow, Turtwig hasn't bitten Ash's head in ages
    - Nice BGM when Dawn is crying
    - ZOEY IS HAUNTING DAWN
    - Brock reminds me of Shaggy from Scooby-Doo when he gets his hair wet
    - It looked like he was looking down her skirt...
    - WOW haven't heard the BGM at 3:56 in ages. That's a 4Kids piece, I'm sure
    Edit: No it's not, it's on Anime Sound Collection XD
    - LMAO the Beedrill look like they're dancing
    - Seviper's voice echoed
    - lol Croagunk jabbed Brock millions of times this episode XD

It looks like they're mixing in 4Kids with PUSA again. The Pokedex theme was back and as well as PUSA's

- I think I noticed one RBY BGM in the beginning but maybe not, but always some Battle Frontier BGMS are present.

I didn't hear any from RBY. The "Battle Frontier" music you're hearing is PUSA's dub music heh

Last edited:

Saltare.

Brain bangin'
    Years
    I'd give this episode 9/10 and I'm watching it right now(recorded it) lol. I can't belive they put Ash in a maid's outfit. Really akward,

Years
    Dumb question, why did Brock's baby Bonsly need formula for a time but his baby Happini doesn't? Inquiring minds, as well as bored ones, want to know. :cheeky:

On a more serious note, why do the maids, as well as the other females, wear such short skirts? Isn't the target audience a little young for fan service? Or is is to keep the older children watching? ;)

Perhaps it would be a good idea for Dawn to ask Brock for some pointers, and perhaps a few co-ordinators as well.

Years
    I found this episode really funny... and kinda scary. I mean, what the hell was Ash doing in a dress? Not cool.

I still can't get over how strong Happiny is. Its hilarious!

revelp8

My mohawk is on fiiiyaaaa!
    Years
    ash in the maid outfit creeped me out and put me off from watching the rest of the episode.

is the title off of Fall Out Boy's thnks fr th mmrs?

Years
    is the title off of Fall Out Boy's thnks fr th mmrs?

We debated that in the dub title thread, actually. It's really just an old expression, but if you want to think on Fall Out Boy's apparent popularity with it, it's certainly possible.

Oh, I'm out of touch with the kids, not that I ever was. Heh.

Asura Nirosuki

Shes a good person~
    Years
    • Seen Nov 12, 2014
    I loved this episode, one thing is a great one on each of our heroes not just dawn/ash but equal amount of screen time. Its great seeing Brock all serious and kind once in a while, he's a really great instructor. I'll give it a 7/10 as well.

Rye29

Oh what
    Years
    This was one of those episodes where I missed the airing date, but decided to watch it for the heck of it. First off, I'm sick of Croagunk punching the living daylights out of Brock whenever he flirts with a girl. It's not funny any more; it wasn't funny when Max pulled his ear either. The writers have got to drop it, or at least re-write the dialog for those scenes, they are a bit bad. Also, Ash+Maid outfit=O_O........ And Team Rocket's appearance in this episode was lame. They are just getting annonying, basicly. Now for the positives. I found it funny how Autumn and Ilta (is that how it's spelled?) got along. (Especially when Ilta burped right in Autumn's face!:P) So this episode basicly showed how Trainers gain a Pokemon's trust and how a bond is formed between them. It's was an OK episode and I give it a 3 out of 5.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    This wasn't an episode that I purposely woke up for, but I happened to catch it. It was cute, but it wasn't a favorite. Still for a filler episode, it was more interesting than alot of them. For some reason I didn't wanna stop watching until I knew that the little girl was going to get along with her Miltank.. ;~; So beautiful. -sobs-

But really, the episode gets a 7/10 for me, or maybe an 8..

Alot of people liked Satoshi in the maid outfit, when the Japanese episode first appeared.
    I just found it weird..

I thought Dawn crying was a bit sad, but it was understandable.
    Poor her, though.. D:

The girl actually getting a crush on Brock was cute, for a change. Since he's always falling for the girls. However, I was a bit dissapointed that he didn't acknowledge it, just because she wasn't a big-boobed as her sisters... >____>;

The end was cute, and I liked that everything turned out well.
    Then again, what would you expect..? nn;

Back