• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Tate and Liza Help!

PhantomHacker

Rom Hacker
Years
  • Well I'm in a race to see who can finish pokemon ruby first with my friend. The problem is, I'm stuck on the two gym leaders, Tate and Liza. Does anyone know any good pokemon to defeat them?

Rezeed

A Die-Hard Trainer/Fan
    Years
  • There's a simiar topic that was made before this one. The trick to them is water or ice type moves. They use only indirect attacks will and their psychic moves are no threat if you have no pokemon weak to those moves. Solrocks Moves if I remember are sunny day, solar beam, flame thrower, and calm mind (though it can be confusion). Lunatone has Ice beam calm mind Cosmic power and psy beam (I think). Any way this is just out of memory

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    Use Water, Dark, or Ghost types.

Take Solrock out first if using water.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Definitely take out Solrock before it can put up a Sunny Day, especially if you have a grass type out. I'm fairly sure Solrock does have Flamethrower, and I think both of them have Psychic. After you knock out Solrock, Lunatone shouldn't be too much of a problem. If your starter is either Sceptile or Swampert, just use your grass/water moves (ground won't work), but if you're running Blaziken, try a water type, but remember to take out Solrock quickly-- it's got Solarbeam.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
  • Just raise the "star" Pokemon with, Water (move abuse Surf), Ghost or Dark type moves. But use surf mainly since Solrock's Sp. Defense is a lot weaker then Lunatone's Sp. Defense

:t354:TG

The Roshi

I must become stronger...
    Years
  • If you have any spare time, just super rod (found in mossdeep) on the outskirts of mossdeep for a uhh... the shark thing. Dang wow I can't believe i forgot- SHARPEDO! That'll take care of you because it won't be hurt by psychic and it's fast and strong so a good crunching should take care of them.

Back