• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

TCB's Crazy Art Warehouse and Emporium

TCB

Tranquilo.
Years
  • (Let's get this over with hahaha....)

WHYYYYYYYYYYYY 'ELLO THERE! Welcome to TCB's Crazy Art Warehouse & Emporum, where I'll be displaying my works because I'm ready to open up house here in this section of the internets...more or less.

I've been drawing since 2005, but really got into it in 2010. Here I'll post only a few of them and (hopefully) more will be uploaded here over time. I do have a dA account (that's where all my drawings are obviously).

I'm more 'traditional' than digital, since I don't have a drawing tablet and I'm not proficient in that type of drawing style. With that being said, my stuff may very well be amateur here, but hey I might as go through and make this after thinking about it over the past several months. Plus a bit more constructive criticism won't hurt right?

Will be spoiler'd cuz large images. These are listed in near-chronological order by the way.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2023
    You have a really interesting art style. Your ability to create anatomy is actually quite good, and it's not something people get right without a lot of practice. I'm particularly fond of this image, I've always liked things in motion and tranquillity, both are captured quite quaintly in this drawing. A more clear version of this one would also be awesome, I'd love to see this in a digital illustration.

The only thing that bothers me a little, is the elongated eyes on humanoids. I'm aware it's a stylistic feature of the anime style you're going for, but I feel they're over accentuated, somewhat. Which lead the feature to being a little distracting. It's notable in this one, I personally would imagine a humanoid to have smaller eyes than a cat/human amalgamation. Anyway, certainly some decent stuff here, very fond of that Sonic illustration-ish piece.

TCB

Tranquilo.
    Years
  • Well thank you for the advice; and let me be the first to say that no-one have said anything about the eyes haha. With that in mind, I'm appreciative of that.

I'm no way good at digital illustration however, so this is the best I can do at this moment.

TCB

Tranquilo.
    Years
  • Not sure if double-posting is allowing for topics such as these. If not, feel free to merge this with the latest post.

Here is the newest piece of art I have. It's still in 'WIP' phase.

Spoiler:

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Don't worry, you're all good. Artists are allowed to double post so long as it's not in the same day. You may also revive your gallery if it's beyond the 2 month revival rule. You can't set a time for inspiration, after all! :)

Gosh I love how colorful your WIP is. It's like your using all these primary colors and it really leaves an impact on my eye. I also like how you draw your backgrounds, honestly. It feels like a complete picture of the scenery you're going for, and I think that lends a lot to the subject when it's done correctly. Can't wait to see the finished product! n_n;

TCB

Tranquilo.
    Years
  • Don't worry, you're all good. Artists are allowed to double post so long as it's not in the same day. You may also revive your gallery if it's beyond the 2 month revival rule. You can't set a time for inspiration, after all! :)

Ah good, good. Thanks. :)

Gosh I love how colorful your WIP is. It's like your using all these primary colors and it really leaves an impact on my eye. I also like how you draw your backgrounds, honestly. It feels like a complete picture of the scenery you're going for, and I think that lends a lot to the subject when it's done correctly. Can't wait to see the finished product! n_n;

Thank you! I am not good at digital coloring but I decided to try and learn to be better at it. Not going to lie, a friend of mine showed me the ropes and whatnot to help me out. With that said I am happy with how it is currently turning out. As for the backgrounds thank you again; that too I'm working on.

Oh; 3rd Gen National Pokedex post!

Last edited:

TCB

Tranquilo.
    Years
  • Back with more crap to show, lol. I've been away for quite the while; many things have gotten in the way of my art. You can say those things lowered my overall passion and appreciation of drawing. With that said...

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

TCB

Tranquilo.
    Years
  • Wow, pretty sure no one remembers this.

Alright it's been...wow roughly a year since I did anything with this. Probably a good indication of how long I've been away. Anywho I did some more art of course since then so why not show you what I have done.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
    Years
  • Since I've just seen the time, consider this a placeholder and I'll come back with more detail later. You've definitely improved; your pieces aren't nearly as rough around the edges as before. The way you leave the characters blank with only a coloured outline to highlight them is really cool, imo, and I think it works in adding a little personality to each piece, in a way. I will say that, as abnegation pointed out, the eyes are a little too accentuated even for the anime style you're going for. I think if you could work on reducing the size of the eyes a little, it could go a long way. You've got a good concept of the human anatomy, and your characters have good form.

I really hope you keep drawing, because these are really good, and you have a lot of potential to create some absolutely outstanding pieces. Keep going, keep improving, and post more, I'm looking forward to seeing more.

Reactions: TCB

TCB

Tranquilo.
    Years
  • Since I've just seen the time, consider this a placeholder and I'll come back with more detail later. You've definitely improved; your pieces aren't nearly as rough around the edges as before. The way you leave the characters blank with only a coloured outline to highlight them is really cool, imo, and I think it works in adding a little personality to each piece, in a way. I will say that, as abnegation pointed out, the eyes are a little too accentuated even for the anime style you're going for. I think if you could work on reducing the size of the eyes a little, it could go a long way. You've got a good concept of the human anatomy, and your characters have good form.

I really hope you keep drawing, because these are really good, and you have a lot of potential to create some absolutely outstanding pieces. Keep going, keep improving, and post more, I'm looking forward to seeing more.

Apologies for not seeing this sooner; didn't realize I would get a reply. Thank you for the words; I'm proud that I'm improving with the human anatomy, but there's still a long ways for me when it comes to dynamic posing and perspective. There is something about my style that is definitely not the norm and it's the eyes; so I'll take that into consideration.

I do have a new drawing, so I won't leave this thread empty handed.

Spoiler:

Back