• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

TCG Best of the Best 2005.

Zaikiro

The offgoining vet
    Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2014
    A election to what are the top 10 cards of 2005 any TCG to you of the year. Basically in a tournament format. Cards that proved themselves best of the best throughout the year. It does not have to be a staple or a card everyone plays. Just cards that were the best of the year.

Post and Discuss

Star Crossed Dreamer

Protector of the Chosen
    Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2009
    I'll go with Dark Magician Girl for my vote. I know, 6 Stars and 2000 ATK might not seem like much, but it's what her effect does that's good. Also, she works in combination with other cards in the YuGiOh! TCG. Sage's Stone is one for example. With it and DMG, you can Special Summon one Dark Magcian. Very handy in a tight spot Dark Magician Girl is.

zshadowzero27

Jounin
    Years
    I will say Gilfer the lightning, He is good if you have weak monsters on your field and your opponent has Strong ones, You summon him by activating monster reborn or Premature berial and other cards to special summon cards to the field then summon him by sacrificing 3 monsters, I did this 3 times in the past week, and then you get a direct attack at his lifepoints.

Mullet

Banned
    Years
    I don't think I can think of ten all at once. So here's a few from the TCG's I play:

YGO:
    Bottomless Trap Hole
    Phenoix
    Enemy Controller
    Smashing Ground
    Royal Decree
    Maticore of Darkness

Magic:
    Umazawa's Jitte
    Ink-Eyes Servant of Oni
    Sensei's Diving Top
    Tooth and Nail (Even though it rotated out.)
    Glorious Anthem
    Wildfire
    Hunted Troll
    Iwamori the Open Fist

Duel Masters:
    Terror Pit
    Apocolypse Vice
    Twin-Cannon Skyterror
    Qsotic (Sp?) Hero Swinesnout
    Locomotiver
    Pyrofighter Magnus
    Holy Awe

That's about all I can think of right now.
    :D

Years
    • Age 39
    • Seen Apr 10, 2008
    Mm.. DMG is sucking hard right now. I dont think its good anyway.
    I dont knnow anything about Gilford the Lightning, but I have the legend. So I cant say anything here.

I only play YGO now so..

Manticore of Darkness
    Winged Kuriboh LV10
    Bottomless Traphole
    Jinzo
    Marauding Captain
    Breaker, The Magical Warrior
    Call of the Haunted
    Royal Decree
    Ceasefire
    Raging Flame Sprite

B-Baller

My ballin' is br00tal
    Years
    Here's my list.

Duel Masters:
    Holy Awe
    Diamon Cutter
    Terror Pit
    Chaos Worm
    Spiral Gate
    Corile
    Pyrofighter Magnus
    Searing Wave
    Natural Snare
    Cryptic Totem

Mullet

Banned
    Years
    Bart-kun said:
    Here's my list.

Duel Masters:
    Holy Awe
    Diamon Cutter
    Terror Pit
    Chaos Worm
    Spiral Gate
    Corile
    Pyrofighter Magnus
    Searing Wave
    Natural Snare
    Cryptic Totem

Dimond Cutter is okay. Chaos Worm, and Natural Snare suck, expecially in todays contol infested enviorment, there are much better choices.:\

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    YGO (in no particular order):

Lightning Vortex
    Premature Burial
    Call of the Haunted
    Dark Hole
    Mystic Swordsman LV2
    DD Warrior Lady
    Bazoo the Soul Eater
    Cyber Dragon
    Deck Devastation Virus (anihilates mill)

And, my number one, regardless of what you all might think, the card that's served/saved me countless times...:

Blowback Dragon!!

Seriously, I can pull the effect off 98% of the time, and it saves me SOO many duels...I mean, wouldn't constant +1 advantage for each turn help any of YOU win?

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    *cheers* SOMEONE REMEMBERS BLOWBACK DRAGON! W00T! (but in my opinion, luck shouldn't exist for top 10... sorry)

ahem...

Yugioh Top 10 (in no particular order)

Wave Motion Cannon
    -pwnage to the extreme... not that many cards in the game has such attention grabbing charm that can redirect all Breaker the Magical Warrior and Mystical Space Typhoon from the facedown Call of the Haunted to this card instead. It makes stall decks shiver in fear, and greatly disrupts the momentum of any opposing player's strategy at the sight of this. It forces the player to think "either I kill that thing or that thing kills me." Its unwritten side effect is simply unmatched.

Cyber Dragon
    -do I *really* have to explain...

Return from the Different Dimension
    -this card itself makes many other cards usable. What you think is "excellent" cannot be so good without this card to combo with it, really (Bazoo, partially Strike Ninja, and the entire RFG deck type)

Mobius the Frost Monarch
    -destroys the entire magic/trap back row, and 2400 attack power? *surrenders*

Reinforcement of the Army
    -honestly, warriors can't even be half as strong as they are today without this ultimate searcher in the game. It's better than Witch of the Dark Forest (for warriors) because it doesn't even cost a summon to use it... It's deadly because the owner can call upon a heck of a wide selection according to the situation. Need monster removal? D. D. Warrior Lady or Exiled Forces. Need hand disruption? Don Zaloog. There's a solution to a lot of situations in this card.

Heavy Storm
    -mass spell destruction... name me a deck that doesn't use this >>; (K if even Exodia decks pack one, it's saying quite a bit)

Call of the Haunted
    -recursion is always helpful... only inferior to the one below

Premature Burial
    -recursion in its ultimate form excluding bans

Mystical Space Typhoon
    -it's one of the staples out there... and it will save lives by destroying a Premature Burial in the nick of time.

Sacred Phoenix of Nepthyrs
    -regardless of how much I trash this thing, it has its strength, because not all decks are cookie cutters with their 3 D. D. Assailant running around with Bottomless Traphole, and Phoenix will eat anything alive that doesn't uses cooke-cutter decks or Chaos Sorcerer decks.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Dec 26, 2005
    my fav

I would say cybar jar because it can help get rid of powerful monsters and also give you vital cards

Pogiforce-14

EV/IV Trainer
    Years
    How could Ronny forget Corile, and bart have it so far down on his list? Corile is right now arguably the best card in the game, with someone people out ther actually worshipping this card! My DM top ten would be like this:

Corile
    Volcano Charger
    Thrash Crawler
    Aqua Hulcus
    Corpse Charger
    Terror Pit
    Seering Wave
    Apocalypse Vise
    Twin-Cannon Skyterror
    Bazagazeal Dragon

Years
    • Seen Aug 28, 2006
    ok before he got banned just in october i would have said BLS dude come on he removes(people are still trying to find a suitible replacement for him)

horus lv 6 (definatly scence they brought back dark hole)
    cyber jar
    maurading captain
    bottomless trap hole
    dd assailant
    smashing ground
    dark hole
    cyber dragon
    the don (my name for don zaloog)

and my last entry even though he comes under scrutiny is armed dragon lv.7

Mullet

Banned
    Years
    Mewtwoisabeast said:
    ok before he got banned just in october i would have said BLS dude come on he removes(people are still trying to find a suitible replacement for him)

horus lv 6 (definatly scence they brought back dark hole)
    cyber jar
    maurading captain
    bottomless trap hole
    dd assailant
    smashing ground
    dark hole
    cyber dragon
    the don (my name for don zaloog)

and my last entry even though he comes under scrutiny is armed dragon lv.7

He said of the year 2005, not the current metagame.:\

Back