• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Team Adequately Awesome (RMT OU)

madskil72

I don't really have mad skills
    Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2011
    Howdy everyone! Well I've been doing really good with this team for a while, now I'm losing a majority of my shoddy battles. Maybe I just suck, or maybe it's time for an RMT.

MY TEAM AT A GLANCE:

Azelf @ Focus Sash
    Timid/Levitate

Stealth Rock
    Psychic
    Explosion
    Taunt

Atk:6/SpAtk:252/Speed:252

Standard suicide lead, this thing really gets things going. Taunt on enemy leads e.g. Bronzong, Roserade, etc... then i get my stealth rocks up and explode, or psychic depending on the circumstances.

Lucario @ Choice Scarf
    Inner Focus/Mild

Close Combat
    Stone Edge
    Dark Pulse/Shadow Ball
    Hidden Power Ice

40 Atk/216 SpAtk/252 Speed

This was supposed to be a phis sweeper, but got changed to a revenge killer, cuz that's what it was mostly doing

Salamence @ life orb
    Lonley/Intemidate

Dragon Dance
    Dragon Claw
    Earthquake
    Fire Blast

Hp:82/Atk:252/Speed:176

This is mostly my main physical sweeper, when lucario can't do the job, or he's dead. Now I know you're looking at this mence goin: WTF?? fire blast?? ya well it kinda rapes skarmory, bronzong, and other steel types. Also I can usually fool the opponent into thinking I'm either a Physical or Special mence, but then catch them off guard, which is usually a good thing.

Suicune @ Leftovers
    Timid/Pressure

Calm Mind
    Hydro Pump
    Ice Beam
    HP Electric

Hp:172/SpAtk:120/Speed:218

Ah Suicune. This thing is amazing and love it. Offensive suicune with leftys for some form of healing. I might switch hydro pump to surf for accuracy when it becomes a problem, but it hasn't, and Hydro pump has the highest accuracy of the "uber moves" (that's what i call them(fire blast, thunder blizzard etc..))went back to the HP electric, cuz i didn't hav any electric moves on my team, and i get raped by gyra and waters.

Tangrowth @ Leftovers
    Impish/Chloraphyll

Knock Off
    Sleep Powder
    Power Whip
    Leech Seed

Hp:252/Atk:2/Def:228/Speed:28

Standard physical wall. Leech Seed + Leftovers = very nice healing. One thing that gets me mad about this thing is the accuracy of Sleep Powder. When I need it the most it just misses. Power whip is awesome, and knock off helps me see what kind of item its running, usuful for choice items (sometimes)

Snorlax @ Leftovers
    Careful/Thick Fat

Curse
    Return
    Fire Punch
    Rest

Hp:168/Def:122/SpDef:220

I heart Curselax!! With Curse and Snorlax's massive attack, this thing can own. I actually prefer return for power, if someone can convince me to go with body slam than i will. Fire Punch is for steels and whatnot and all those ghosts that think they're so smart by swithcing into a snorlax bein all :lolz normal moves cant hit me cuz im ghost, and earthquake can hit me either cuz of levitate lolz. ya well i can. feel the wrath of curselax!!!

POKEMON I HAVE HAD PROBLEMS WITH:

Any suggstions on how to totally rape these pokes or just survive them are greatly appreciated =)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 6, 2011
    Lonely > Adamant on MixMence, gives +Atk without -SpAtk. Fire punch > Ice punch on CurseLax, otherwise skarmory/forretress wall you no matter how many curses you have (Skarm whirlwinds you away, as well). Everything else looks fine..

madskil72

Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2011
    kk thx changes made
    any one else hav suggestions??
    perhaps on the pokes I hav trouble with =/

genesis42

King of kings
    Years
    Eh.. since you yourself said Lucario's used as more of a revenge killer than anything, why not make it a CBLuke instead? A little something like this:

Lucario @ Choice Band
    Inner Focus
    Adamant - 6 Hp, 252 Atk, 252 Spd
    Close Combat
    ExtremeSpeed
    Crunch
    Bullet Punch/Stone Edge/Ice Punch

Note that Bullet Punch can help out immensely against Weavile as Luke has a nice 2x resist to Ice and a 4x against Dark, with some prediction in hand, Weavile is easily disposed of.

Stone Edge just pretty much hits Zappy harder and Ice Punch is for Gliscor but I wouldn't recommend IP as most Gliscor are seen to outpace Lucario.

ABYAY

Advancing the Yarzan species
    Years
    I don't see how Lucario is revenging anything with 279 speed. If it's your revenge killer...

Lucario@Choice Scarf
    Mild, Inner Focus
    40 atk/216 sp.atk/252 speed

Close Combat
    Stone Edge
    Dark Pulse/Shadow Ball
    Hidden Power Ice

Now THAT'S a revenge killer. It outpaces Adamant Gyarados after a DD, ScarfTran, and Tyranitar after a DD, something this team highly appreciates. It also takes care of that threatning Weavile pretty easily.

Breloom's a severe pest to deal with. If Azelf lives past the first 3 turns, then maybe it could prove useful later. However, I'm pretty lost against Breloom myself.

For Ninjask, throwing Roar on Suicune will let your rocks shred it to bits. It can go over HP Electric and you can make your EVs more defensive (most Gyara these days don't have Taunt, so you just let your rocks do the work)

It's a pretty solid team, and I'm guessing it's D/P and not Platinum since Mence doesn't have Outrage, there is no Heatran, and there is no Scizor here.

Skip Shot

I'm back. I think.
    Years
    I agree with ABYAY on Breloom. Having used one myself, though, I know of some counters that could work.
    - Any RestTalker with two offensive attacks- Machamp, Celebi(0.0), and so on abosrb Breloom's sleep, then if they get lucky on RestTalk, stop the Focus Punch.
    - IIRC, maxspeed Mence outspeeds Jolly Breloom. SpecsMence is a nice counter.
    - Revenge killing Breloom is probably the easiest, although it requires losing someone beforehand. HP Ice Gar does the best job, since ScarfTran and Weavile take SE from Mach Punch.
    - Any Gengar can wall Breloom, unless it has Stone Edge.

Its funny that the Curselax set hasn't changed much from Johto... I was playing PS2, and the Curselax rental set is almsot exactly the same (Headbutt and phailCurl>> rest and Return)

madskil72

Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2011
    lol ya this is for D/P ABYAY
    ok I made the changes, however shoddy isn't working atm, so I still have to test it out, although it sounds resonable
    Sc4rfCh0mp, I'll try your advice with revenge killing breloom it sounds like it'll work pretty well
    any more suggestions are always apreciated =)

Back