• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Team Asper · Recruiting!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zen-senpai

Intermediate Scripter
Years
    • Seen Dec 4, 2016
    Team Asper · Recruiting!
    Pokémon Asper

by the (current and future) members of Team Asper

General Information

• Current ROM Base: Pokémon Emerald (U)
    • Not much has been done on the making of this hack. Us two (being myself and 02537hi [Jon]) have came up with the idea of this game recently. There is one thing holding us back: tile insertion/block creation. Mapping is decent, but it'd be nice for a better mapper as well. We'll be searching for a good, almost expert mapper and tile inserter, so please show your work. We might be willing to gift anything we can to pitch in with the hack progress, so don't expect to have absolutely nothing unless you have done absolutely nothing.
    • Since this idea has been brought up, we have been endlessly working on ideas, storyline, naming, etc. We have strong determination and will not give up on the project no matter what it takes.
    • I, myself, am a semi-decent mapper (I was a lot better a few years ago but time has passed). I am also a good scripter as well. Jon is a decent mapper (somewhat better than me), and is a fantastic musician which will help greatly in making custom music for our hack. He has basic understanding of scripting. We are both very easy to work with. Quick to smile, quick to laugh. So what are you waiting for? Have a good time with us. :)

Introduction of the Team

Today, I have decided to bring along the team to PokéCommunity. Now, how did this team come along? Basically, my friend and I wanted to make a hack that would stand out from the others. Although this seems like the ordinary objective, we have a hard sense of determination and would not give up in this process. That is what would make our team valuable. We need desirable people with good knowledge of what they are doing and are willing to make this upcoming hack a reality. As a team, we will chat on either Skype (text or voice chat), or Google Hangouts. PMs on PokéCommunity are also preferred if these options aren't available, as well as email. We will take anyone with decent knowledge of what their wanted position is, and are willing to help them become better at Pokémon ROM Hacking, as well as to encourage them to try their best. Rewards might be given depending on how hard you try at something, and your respect to the Team Captains and other team members. We will have a fun and friendly time working together as a team, but at the same time, get the amount of work that we need done. Don't expect a pushy, tense atmosphere, but a more enjoyable, hard-working atmosphere.

Current Members:

• Zen-senpai (Myself) - Head Scripter and Team Captain
    • 02537hi (zerotwohi) - Head Mapper and Team Captain
    • -Open Slot-
    • -Open Slot-
    • -Open Slot-
    • -Open Slot-
    • -Open Slot-

Storyline of Pokémon Asper

You have spent your life in a small, desert town along with your sister, in the region Koroha, ignoring the outside speculations of the world.
    A mysterious man has arrived at your house, stating that the tension between the common citizens of Koroha and Team [TBD] has escalated to be the most it's ever been.
    According to the man himself, he states that the leader of this such team is a madman in his eyes, and speaks lies of how the past once was.
    The Team's idea is to harness the power of Celebi, a time traveling Pokémon, to bring back the old region of Koroha.
    He promises you great wealth, and gives you an item called "Penthouse Key Card".
    After stating where to meet not far to the north, he mounts himself on his Swellow and flies away.
    Out of all people, why would you be the one to be chosen to do such a major objective?
    Your sister has recently retired from being the gym leader of your town.
    When she overhears on what has happened, she gives you your first Pokémon, and tells you to meet up with Professor Cypress in Siltwood Town before doing anything risky.
    You look out at the world that you have always known, thinking... "Why would anybody try to change the Koroha region that you have known and loved?"

Current Progress

Storyline - 50% complete
    Music - 10% complete
    All Other Aspects - In Progress...

Positions Needed

• 2 Mappers (Preferably one great visual critic)
    • 1 Scripter (Very decent to help contribute with myself)
    • 1 Tile Maker (To make some of the tiles that we desperately need)
    • 1 Tile Inserter (A very good one, because tiles are very important)
    • That's all for now, but more jobs will be available in the future.

We will be looking for respectful people willing to talk with others either through Skype text chat or Skype voice / Google Hangouts. For any recruitment questions, please PM me here or on Skype: traesmind

Additional Contact Information

Code:
    Myself:
    Email: [EMAIL="[email protected]"][email protected][/EMAIL]

Jon (02537hi) :
    Email: [EMAIL="[email protected]"][email protected][/EMAIL][/SIZE][/FONT]

How to Join

Make sure that you have all of the contact options available to you.
    Then, fill out the following form as a reply to this topic:
    Code:
    Name/Nickname:
    Approximate Age:
    Time(s) Available:
    Expertise:
    Work Ethic:
    Dedication to the Hack:
    Examples of Work, be it video or image:

We'll be looking forward to your submissions. Good luck! :)

Last edited:

Zen-senpai

Intermediate Scripter
    Years
    • Seen Dec 4, 2016
    * bump *

I'd be nice to have some application form responses .-.

Even if you can't join the team please support us! :)

Zen-senpai

Intermediate Scripter
    Years
    • Seen Dec 4, 2016
    I actually like the project storyline and would love to help but I am already on a team. I can't wait for it to be released!

Thanks, Jon and I made it a little bit less original and it turned out pretty nicely :)

Thanks for the support!

Last edited:
    Hi, I'm Jon. I'm hip to the kids, young, brilliant, and ready to work. Zen, (My subordinate) my glorious leader is a well established and respected coder. That's beside the point though. I was instructed by him to introduce myself, and so I shall. I'm an artist really, I love coming up with elaborate stories, drawing crappy MS-paint art, and writing, transposing, and arranging music.

I love to help people, and I try to be available any time I can. On a non-professional level I work as a comedian, and on a professional level I'm a pianist, cellist... uhhh... (glockenspiel-ist?) I don't know that that's a think, but it is now.

Join us.... Joinn usss....... (Seriously, we need the help.)

Zen-senpai

Intermediate Scripter
    Years
    • Seen Dec 4, 2016
    Hi, I'm Jon. I'm hip to the kids, young, brilliant, and ready to work. Zen, (My subordinate) my glorious leader is a well established and respected coder. That's beside the point though. I was instructed by him to introduce myself, and so I shall. I'm an artist really, I love coming up with elaborate stories, drawing crappy MS-paint art, and writing, transposing, and arranging music.

I love to help people, and I try to be available any time I can. On a non-professional level I work as a comedian, and on a professional level I'm a pianist, cellist... uhhh... (glockenspiel-ist?) I don't know that that's a think, but it is now.

Join us.... Joinn usss....... (Seriously, we need the help.)

Thanks for posting here :) haha. It's good to let the other people viewing this topic know who our other leader of this team is.

Bump! Feel free to apply, we won't bite ;)

Zen-senpai

Intermediate Scripter
    Years
    • Seen Dec 4, 2016
    Completely changed the design of the original post.

Please feel free to apply! :D We need team members as soon as possible.

Zen-senpai

Intermediate Scripter
    Years
    • Seen Dec 4, 2016
    Eh, giving up on this project for now because I'm too busy with school and sports.

/request close

Years
  • Name/Nickname: Duke Devlin
    Approximate Age: soon to be 17
    Time(s) Available: tuesdays and weekends
    Expertise: mapping and scripting
    Work Ethic: i dont know what this is, not the best when it comes to english but i can communicate easily
    Dedication to the Hack: Anything you might want, i'll be glad to help.
    Examples of Work, be it video or image: i dont have any "evidence" but i've messed around with hacking programs for a lot of time and have some experience

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back