• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Team Broken Memories (Recruiting)

EdensElite

No0b, but getting there.
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jul 4, 2014
    Introduction

Welcome to Team Broken Memories!

Hey, I'm Edens Elite, and I am something of a newb to this site, although I am very interested in ROM Hacking, It doesn't really come naturally as it does to some. Nevertheless I am gradually picking a few skills and implementing them into my first hack. But I actually really believe in my hack idea and storyline and think with a little help it could be made into something great.

I want to make this team into a beautiful orchestra of talent, to make my first hack, something truly memorable.

So you might be wondering, why should I join this team? Well there are a few advantages that I think a collaborative effort could present

• I'm not a slave master, You don't have to dedicate loads of time to the cause, I only ask that you reply to every PM/VM that another member of the group sends to you, presuming it is asking for, even if you can't answer it. And possibly a little PM to me, if your going away for a while. Not hard really :)

• Two minds are better than one, so image 10 or 20 minds all working together to make a awesome hack. Having the support of a team is awesome, especially if your new and don't know who to ask for help around the site.

• Help on your own project. Although I would hope most effort went towards the main project I would have no problems with posting sub-projects

• Access to my latest work, I'm not amazing, but I'm working on yellow revamp project and have nearly completed a patch to revamp every single yellow sprite and shiny, stuff like this is shared with my team :) (Not bribe :L)
    No Loss, Only gain. There is not a lot of commitment required for this but there is the support of a whole team to gain.

So, What do you think?

Application Form

Code:
    Username:
    Genre:
    Experience:
    Proof Of Work:
    Time Zone:
    Contact Information:
    First Language:
    EXPLAINED:

Username: Pokecommunity name

Genre: Mapping, Scripting etc. NOTE:You may be as many as you like) Full details on jobs available are below.

Experience: How long have you been doing your genre?):

Proof Of Work: A past Hack you have worked on (Make note to tell me what you did in the hack) or if you haven't do a little something in Pallet Town and send me a .ips so I can see straight away, tbh even a screenshot will do fine

Time Zone: UK Time Zone would help, but American and all others are still welcomed.

Contact Information: E-Mail, or would you prefer IM on Pokecommunity?

First Language: It helps to be fluent in English but that's why they made Google translate :)

Please Note: No-one will be turned down, as this team is not only for making hacks and projects but it's also helping to teach newbies to walk on their own two feet.

Current Team Members

Edens Elite - Team Leader: Graphics, Writer
    Seamon - Mapper, Scripter, Writer
    Niven - Scripter, Writer
    Jabberjabber8 - Mapper
    Lando - Scripter, Mapper

How Can I Help? (Job Titles)

Graphics

Graphics, covers a pretty wide range, From Fakemon, Trainers, Backsprites, OWs and creating Tiles. You can apply, however, for specific things if, for example, you only wanted to design and create trainers. If you can't sprite, please don't apply for this job. It doesn't mean you still can't get advice from people in this area though.

Mapping

In the name really, involves mapping and inserting tiles, I would prefer non-experienced members to stay away from this section to be honest.

Scripting

Again, pretty simple, using XSE to generate and compile scripts into the game. All users are welcome, but your scripts won't be accepted until they work (obviously :))

CSS

I only really need one person for this, if you are a seasoned CSS users. Make this thread look pretty :3

Writer

I only need a couple of people for this as well. Just to bounce ideas of to generally improve the storyline of the game.

ASM Hacker

If you can do any ASM, we will gladly accept you. Accepting as many users as possible.

Music Hacker

Can you stand the horror that is Sappy? We would love to have you. You either can or can't music hack so if you have the know how please apply. It would be helpful if you knew how to loop tracks as well though.

Beta Testers

Basically, you will see the magic before the general public and try and sweep through everything to see any problems. You must literally explore every crack of beta to find bugs, so please don't take this lightly. Anyone welcome though.

Banner Creator

I need someone who's good with animation to make a cool team banner, again a sort of one person job.

Current Projects

MAIN: Pokemon Broken Memories

Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Sub-Projects

Pokemon Yellow Revamp Project

Spoiler:

Banners

Team Broken Memories (Recruiting)

Code:
    [img][URL]https://dl.dropbox.com/u/4875391/BM/BMBanner.gif[/URL][/img]
    And I think that's just about it. If you have any questions or feel I missed anything, feel free to post :).

Last edited:

Tryndamere

the Barbarian King.
    Years
    I Like Team Rocket and hence joining
    Username = what do you see???
    Genre = mapping , scripting
    Experience = making a hack atm
    PoW : check Pokemon : story of the rocket in progressing hacks section
    Time zone = GMT +5:30
    Contact info = Facebook , skype, PM , VM , email etc etc.
    First language : no worries I am fluent in english

EdensElite

No0b, but getting there.
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jul 4, 2014
    Excellent, PM me your E-mail, and i'll add you to the group :) Thank you for joining :D

Edit: Your in ;)

Last edited:

niven

Leader of Team LegendaryTrio
    Years
    Username: Niven
    Genre: scripter and maybe writer
    Experience: a couple of weeks
    Proof Of Work: youtube.com/watch?v=R5w1lIpM4-0
    Time Zone: Eastern standard time US/ UTC -5:00 (I think, whatever south eastern kentucky is)
    Contact Information: [email protected]
    First Language: English

I was thinking, maybe instead of those three starters you can pick any starter from any generation.What do you think?

Last edited:

EdensElite

No0b, but getting there.
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jul 4, 2014
    Wow, Niven. Your really good. I would be happy to have you help. I'll add you on MSN and we can IM :).

Tryndamere

the Barbarian King.
    Years
    You have been added, come on facebook so we can talk about the hack?

Awesome??
    hah
    worse mapping I have ever seen
    heavens wonder why gary and oak just appear from nowhere
    The sprites are like yuck
    The arceus battle appears from nowhere
    And you call this awesome?

niven

Years
    Awesome??
    hah
    worse mapping I have ever seen
    heavens wonder why gary and oak just appear from nowhere
    The sprites are like yuck
    The arceus battle appears from nowhere
    And you call this awesome?

I didn't applly for spriting or mapping(for obvious reasons), but for scripting.I''m pretty sure that that's what he base his review on and you should do the same.Anyway, could you have done that?

If you think that you could've look at the script that i used.
    Spoiler:

Tryndamere

the Barbarian King.
    Years
    I didn't applly for spriting or mapping(for obvious reasons), but for scripting.I''m pretty sure that that's what he base his review on and you should do the same.Anyway, could you have done that?

If you think that you could've look at the script that i used.
    Spoiler:

I am not questioning your scripting.............I am saying that you must improve your mapping as a good scripter accompanies a good mapper

Chainster

Captain Jäger of Ominous Blac
    Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2014
    Username: Chainster
    Genre: Beta Tester
    Experience: None I have played many hacks and found some bugs before.
    Proof Of Work: None
    Time Zone: EST
    Contact Information: Pm me.

niven

Years
    When are gonna continue working on this? Edens Elite was supposed to send me a the ROM he's been working on, so i could insert some scripts. Any news on anything?

EdensElite

No0b, but getting there.
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jul 4, 2014
    Sorry Niven, I forgot to tell you I was on Holiday for the last week and I wanted you to use a clean ROM base.

jabberjabber8

../\..
    Years
    Username: see above..?
    Genre: Mapping
    Experience: Team Rumble Rock Founder
    Proof Of Work: Some of my Favourite maps:
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Time Zone: Uk
    Contact Information: Skype or email: [email protected] Please Vm me so I know who you are.

Last edited:

lando

Hoenn's Champ
    Years
    Hi I haven't been here since 2010 I would like to help
    Username:lando
    Genre:scripting,mapping
    Experience:none I play hacks
    Proof Of Work:none
    Time Zone:central
    Contact Information:pm me.

Last edited:

EdensElite

No0b, but getting there.
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jul 4, 2014
    I've been ill for the last couple of days, probably do to being worn out from holiday. I am now back. Please PM me for a job. Lando and JabberJabber you guys are in. I don't think I need anymore mappers now :).

Please note, I seriously need help with a storyline as I have the basics but I have to fill it out, So if you mappers out there have any ideas of what to do with viridian, pewter etc. That would speed things along.

ZxC Mirai

Huh?
    Years
    Username: Name wont be Change
    Genre: Scripting!
    Experience: My own Team and another 4 Teams
    Proof Of Work:
    Spoiler:

Time Zone: GMT(Greenwich Mean Time)+8:00 (PHILLIPINES)
    Contact Information:See Below:
    E-mail & FB(FACEBOOK):[email protected]
    VM & PM.

First Language:Filipino but i am Fluent in English :D

Back