• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Team Faze

Years
    • Seen today
    And the back legs were like that because I was spriting...while looking at the reference picture.

Curt_09

Also known as Chozo
    Years
    Which is the best way to sprite, IMO. Alright, there may or may not be updates to the hack thread tomorrow, depending on what kind of free time I have to make scripting progress. I also need to get back to finishing the collection of fakemon artwork--I haven't drawn anything since last August!

Years
    • Seen today
    LawlWow.

And just a question; are we allowed to create our own designs for Fakemon?
    As a suggestion?

EDIT:
    Team Faze

Here.
    Better.

Last edited:

PokemonSkySD

Credit to Dots for the Avatar
    Years
    • Seen Dec 7, 2010
    5qwerty, try adding abit of shading under the eye, it helps define the features a bit more.

Curt_09

Also known as Chozo
    Years
    And just a question; are we allowed to create our own designs for Fakemon?
    As a suggestion?

I guess I don't mind; if they're good designs I'll use them. I only have like 53 or whatever because I haven't come up with any more. I think it would be neat to expand the fakedex even more. There will only be 200 Pokemon in the main storyline part of the game, and there are quite a few original Pokemon I'm keeping in.
    As far as fakemon go, feel free to design/sprite your own, but I still need everything before the Delwat line for the first Beta, and I kind of want Soilare in there as well (I've got a neat beginning planned out ;)) Just remember that those I made are my top priority.

EDIT:
    Team Faze

Here.
    Better.

'Tis better. As SkySD said, the eyes need some kind of shading/outline at least around the outer edges to make them stand out. You did the stripes to my specifications, and I'm really sorry to ask, but could they be a shade darker?

Years
    • Seen today
    Team Faze

Blargh, there.

And I usually make the outline around the eye, but I thought that there would be no room, so yeah.

BTW, I fail at Bug Anatomy, can I work on something else?

tjwilliams24

Gone.
    Years
    Hmm...Not sure if you need any, but I'm gonna take a shot at it anyway. =]
    Name: Tucker, or my screename.

Position: Beta Tester

Proof of Work: Well, I'm beta testing for Nikolai Fox's "Pokemon: Ultimate Quest" within the next week.

Other Comments: This hack looks very good, and I'm not into hacking, because I don't know how to use A-Map and all that stuff, but I'd love to beta test so I can help this hack anyway possible. Good luck Curt!

tjwilliams24

Gone.
    Years
    Well, Pokemon SkySD, it actually looks very good and professional! (I'm saying actually because many fakemon look unprofessional and just plain bad, as in POkemon Quartz, for example.

PokemonSkySD

Years
    • Seen Dec 7, 2010
    thanks, i'm going too work on the Elezma Back sprite tomoz.
    I'm quite happy with how it came out, as thats my first back sprite ever.

tjwilliams24

Gone.
    Years
    First ever? You must be lying! That's too good to be a first ever =]

Now, they look very good, but which is the evolution? Both Elezma and Delwat look very similar. Well, they must be in the same evolution tree, there too similar. But, don't take that wrong, they look very nice.

Curt_09

Also known as Chozo
    Years
    Hmm...Not sure if you need any, but I'm gonna take a shot at it anyway. =]
    Name: Tucker, or my screename.

Position: Beta Tester

Proof of Work: Well, I'm beta testing for Nikolai Fox's "Pokemon: Ultimate Quest" within the next week.

Other Comments: This hack looks very good, and I'm not into hacking, because I don't know how to use A-Map and all that stuff, but I'd love to beta test so I can help this hack anyway possible. Good luck Curt!

Alright, I sense you can be responsible and not give the hack out to anyone. I usually go into the game and make sure that things function, but I don't ever actually play through the game. I do need someone to do that (aka beta test lol).
    I'll let you know when it's time to test. Until then, I value your feedback.

thanks, i'm going too work on the Elezma Back sprite tomoz.
    I'm quite happy with how it came out, as thats my first back sprite ever.

Really? I couldn't tell to be honest.

First ever? You must be lying! That's too good to be a first ever =]

Now, they look very good, but which is the evolution? Both Elezma and Delwat look very similar. Well, they must be in the same evolution tree, there too similar. But, don't take that wrong, they look very nice.

Their designs are similar. Elezma just gets bigger, the body is more oval shaped, it gets a shade darker, and it develops that white belly fur.
    https://triforceofchozo.deviantart.com

PokemonSkySD

Years
    • Seen Dec 7, 2010
    I've been working on front sprites for quite a while, thats my first shot at a back sprite.
    O and a Pen tablet helps.

EDIT: It goes Delwat -> Elezma -> Torvolt

tjwilliams24

Gone.
    Years
    Alright, thank you Curt. Oh, and I checked out (your?) deviantart account, those concepts look really good! I applaud you for putting effort into your fakemon, unlike some hacks out there.

Years
    • Seen today
    Waitwut Curt.

You didn't comment on my sprite.

I R MAD DURRRR.

Anyway, what should I continue on?

Curt_09

Also known as Chozo
    Years
    Waitwut Curt.

You didn't comment on my sprite.

I R MAD DURRRR.

Anyway, what should I continue on?

I crap, sorry lol. It got lost amongst that mini-convo earlier. PC loads slowly for me, so I just refresh and hammer that Page Down button.
    *goes to make comments*

Team Faze

Blargh, there.

And I usually make the outline around the eye, but I thought that there would be no room, so yeah.

BTW, I fail at Bug Anatomy, can I work on something else?

That looks great.
    Alright, since you don't like bugs, would you prefer to work on the grass starter and its evo? There's also Iggy and Squakitu, Levicalf and Aerokine, and the Loamate line. I'll get to work on some artwork after I wrap up the NPCs in Atio City so there will be more options.

Last edited:
    Back